WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - # 6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe we won't get any further updates until LL has the twins. I think everything depends on LE being able to question her and hopefully get her to take a lie detector. If she's guilt free she will take it. imo If not, they better come up with some good evidence to solve little A's disappearance.

MOO

I believe we won't get any further updates until LL has the twins. I think everything depends on LE being able to question her and hopefully get her to take a lie detector. If she's guilt free she will take it. imo If not, they better come up with some good evidence to solve little A's disappearance.

MOO

I'm not positive, but I think someone posted the other night that she won't be able to take a lie detector test until 6 (yes...6) months after she gives birth. Maybe whoever it was will see this and clarify.

I'm not positive, but I think someone posted the other night that she won't be able to take a lie detector test until 6 (yes...6) months after she gives birth. Maybe whoever it was will see this and clarify.

I hadn't heard that. I know the reason they don't administer a polygraph to a pregnant woman is because the foetal heartbeat can affect the outcome of the test and wearing the blood pressure band can affect the blood flow.

I can't imagine a reason to wait 6 months after having a baby but I guess it is possible. IDK

moo

I hadn't heard that. I know the reason they don't administer a polygraph to a pregnant woman is because the foetal heartbeat can affect the outcome of the test and wearing the blood pressure band can affect the blood flow.

I can't imagine a reason to wait 6 months after having a baby but I guess it is possible. IDK

moo

In the Joshua Davis case the mother couldn't take a LD until 3 months after her baby was born.

GAHHH - I looked at this thread, #6, and it said post # 666. I guess that's not a good sign! Of course I opened to no news either.

Bless you baby A.

Mel

GAHHH - I looked at this thread, #6, and it said post # 666. I guess that's not a good sign! Of course I opened to no news either.

Bless you baby A.

Mel

I keep hoping and praying they will find her alive. I hope someone comes forward and talks...........tells the truth.

This little angel didn't deserve what has happened to her!

These are for you Little A wherever you are:

:rubberducky::balloons::balloons::balloons:

Mom already has a lawyer. No way he'll let her take a LDT. I just don't see it happening.

JMHO

Mom already has a lawyer. No way he'll let her take a LDT. I just don't see it happening.

JMHO

I don't know how she's going to pay him. I thought he was representing her on the child custody issues.

I only know of one who is willing to work for free unless she got the same deal from this one. I guess it's possible.

Time will tell and she can refuse without an attorney. Many do.....

My hopes are pinned on the attorney with the credible information that she is still alive.

The article on WBOY states that "legal parties, LE and FBI" met to discuss the case. Which legal parties LL's attorney from Charleston WV? OR Dyer?

Thanks. Do you know why? Just asking.............KWIM

..maybe after having the babies, there's a lot of hormonal activity going on still that could effect the results of the lie detector test..(?)

..this is what the polygraph expert had to say as to why he couldn't give the mom one while pregnant...

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ ... ng.01.html
---september 26--NG transcript---

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I want to go to Woodrow Tripp, former police commander and polygraph expert. It is my understanding that polygraphs are being given to certain people, but that the mother is not being given a polygraph because she`s eight months pregnant. What`s the connection there? Why does pregnancy preclude a polygraph?

WOODROW TRIPP, FMR. POLICY COMMANDER, POLYGRAPH EXPERT: Well, Jane, American Polygraph Association has certain standards, and as a result of that, we don`t polygraph pregnant females for a lot or a host of reasons. Keep in mind, we`re recording physiological...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Give me a couple. Give me a couple.

TRIPP: Sure.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Give me a couple.

TRIPP: Sure. We`re recording physiological activity of a person`s body. Well, I`m recording heartbeats. Well, in this case, I have two that are going on. You know, we measure perspiration. We measure all of that physiological activity that`s going on. And when you have a pregnant person such as she is, you`ve got a lot of issues. And in fact, could we cause a miscarriage? All of that is put at risk.

So we very rarely, if ever -- it`s got to be extraordinary circumstances. Would this be an extraordinary? Yes, it would be. But at this point, I think there`s a lot more homework that needs to be done before they ever get to a polygraph.

IMO, there are two reasons not to polygraph pregnant women.

First, the pregnancy influences heart beat and blood pressure and other autonomic nervous system responses that the polygraph measures and it causes problems in the interpretation of the results. If she failed, she could always say, well yeah, I was pregnant so it was messed up, maybe they accidentally recorded the fetal heartbeat or something.

Two, taking a polygraph test is an extra stressor for an already tired and worried woman and it may cause problems in the pregnancy, eg. if her blood pressure shoots up skyhigh it may harm the baby.

..maybe after having the babies, there's a lot of hormonal activity going on still that could effect the results of the lie detector test..(?)

..this is what the polygraph expert had to say as to why he couldn't give the mom one while pregnant...

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ ... ng.01.html
---september 26--NG transcript---

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I want to go to Woodrow Tripp, former police commander and polygraph expert. It is my understanding that polygraphs are being given to certain people, but that the mother is not being given a polygraph because she`s eight months pregnant. What`s the connection there? Why does pregnancy preclude a polygraph?

WOODROW TRIPP, FMR. POLICY COMMANDER, POLYGRAPH EXPERT: Well, Jane, American Polygraph Association has certain standards, and as a result of that, we don`t polygraph pregnant females for a lot or a host of reasons. Keep in mind, we`re recording physiological...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Give me a couple. Give me a couple.

TRIPP: Sure.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Give me a couple.

TRIPP: Sure. We`re recording physiological activity of a person`s body. Well, I`m recording heartbeats. Well, in this case, I have two that are going on. You know, we measure perspiration. We measure all of that physiological activity that`s going on. And when you have a pregnant person such as she is, you`ve got a lot of issues. And in fact, could we cause a miscarriage? All of that is put at risk.

So we very rarely, if ever -- it`s got to be extraordinary circumstances. Would this be an extraordinary? Yes, it would be. But at this point, I think there`s a lot more homework that needs to be done before they ever get to a polygraph.

Thanks LaurieJ. I understand not giving one while a woman is pregnant. I have reported that on several threads. I believe I reported that earlier on this thread too.

I was questioning not being able to do one until months after the birth. I haven't found anything on that in any of the reports I have read.

I'm not saying its not true. Just that I have been unable to locate any information regarding that on the National Assoc of Polygraph or other websites.

One thing that strikes me odd about the 911 call is the way she says several times that she went up the streets looking for Aliayah (but never down), but never breathes a word about the river. If I lived so close to a body of water surrounding our home from several directions that would be the first thing on my mind. Please please send in divers asap, she can't swim, I'm so afraid she'll fall in the river...

IMO, there are two reasons not to polygraph pregnant women.

First, the pregnancy influences heart beat and blood pressure and other autonomic nervous system responses that the polygraph measures and it causes problems in the interpretation of the results. If she failed, she could always say, well yeah, I was pregnant so it was messed up, maybe they accidentally recorded the fetal heartbeat or something.

Two, taking a polygraph test is an extra stressor for an already tired and worried woman and it may cause problems in the pregnancy, eg. if her blood pressure shoots up skyhigh it may harm the baby.

Thanks,

I know the reason they don't administer a polygraph to a pregnant woman is because the foetal heartbeat can affect the outcome of the test and wearing the blood pressure band can affect the blood flow.

What I don't know is the reason to wait 6 months after having a baby. I haven't read that anywhere.

Thanks LaurieJ. I understand not giving one while a woman is pregnant. I have reported that on several threads. I believe I reported that earlier on this thread too.

I was questioning not being able to do one until months after the birth. I haven't found anything on that in any of the reports I have read.

I'm not saying its not true. Just that I have been unable to locate any information regarding that on the National Assoc of Polygraph or other websites.

I don't know how many months would be reasonable after the birth but immediately after giving birth the woman may experience quite a hormonal storm and it might make the results questionable. There are still the pregnancy hormones in the body for a while and the hormones having to do with lactation, there may be sleeplessness due to the new baby, wild mood swings, etc. In the event that the woman failed, she'd have all manner of excuses.

moo

If LML hired an attorney, we can just forget about her ever taking a LDT -- KWIM?

:seeya:

Mel

Thanks,

I know the reason they don't administer a polygraph to a pregnant woman is because the foetal heartbeat can affect the outcome of the test and wearing the blood pressure band can affect the blood flow.

What I don't know is the reason to wait 6 months after having a baby. I haven't read that anywhere.

I seem to recall that being the case with Joshua Davis' mom too. She had to wait quite some time after giving birth too for the LDT to be accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
websleuth719