WV WV - Bonnie Jeanne Hutton, 44, New Martinsville, Feb 13, 1983

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What a sad story. Thanks @Cynthia Dort for reaching out and welcome. So sorry you have to endure all of this and I wish the process of your DNA testing against unidentified remains is going to pann out soon. Also I wish you becoming a verified member on WS doesn't stall a lot longer. I only could find your mother's birth in familysearch. FamilySearch On Find a Grave I found a grave of a lady with the name of Bonnie J. Hutton. Bonnie J. Hutton (Unknown-2014) - Find A Grave... without a known birthday.

Another lady with the the same name passed away in 2014, but her birthday was in 1946. In her obituary on line I couldn't find any connection with family names known to you.

Keep up hope.

I still have not been verified. I have sent several emails and I am not sure what to do to get verified. I’d appreciate any help! Thank you

Is there anyone who knows how long it takes to become verified?
Cynthia is STILL waiting and desperately wants to contribute more info in hopes people will be able to help her

Cynthia, please send a direct message to Tricia. I’m sure it’s been hectic for her as well as all of us lately with the COVID-19 pandemic.

@Tricia BBM
Bringing this to your attention just it case you aren't aware.

Is there away to change the information?? Bonnie was 30 in 1969 last time seen by any family and Tammy was 5.
Family has never seen or heard from Bonnie or Tammy since 1969 officially
My uncle received a letter from WV in 76/77 from someone saying they were Bonnie- letter had nothing of importance to his recollection.
The 1983 comes from WVSP finding a body they believe to be from the RedHead Murders and since Bonnie had red hair they are considering the possibility it could be her., but no one has honestly seen Bonnie since 1969.
I have submitted my DNA to the WVSP but no results yet.
@Tricia Also this request.

Do we know if Bonnie went to stay with Tom in Arkansas at some point? Her mom's obituary from 1969 lists Bonnie as being in Arkansas.
19691121_ShafterCA.png

"but they never had a good word to say about her. They said there were no pictures because they destroyed them all."

"Dort's family frequently traveled to West Virginia to visit her paternal grandparents, Tom and Sarah Gay. They had reason to know the answers to Dort's questions about her mother – and the truth about her parentage – but they wouldn't answer her questions, either."

"At her grandfather's funeral, she told her Uncle David she was looking for her birth mother. "They were so angry, you would think I'd murdered someone," Dort said. "He said, 'How dare you go looking.' "

These quotes from that recent article about Cynthia's search for her mom makes me wonder if the Gay's may have sent the letter from WV in 1976/1977? I wonder if the Hutton's were trying to track down what happened to Bonnie and Tamara and they started re-tracing places Bonnie was known to have lived and the Gay's wanted to protect custody of Cynthia?

"but they never had a good word to say about her. They said there were no pictures because they destroyed them all."

"Dort's family frequently traveled to West Virginia to visit her paternal grandparents, Tom and Sarah Gay. They had reason to know the answers to Dort's questions about her mother – and the truth about her parentage – but they wouldn't answer her questions, either."

"At her grandfather's funeral, she told her Uncle David she was looking for her birth mother. "They were so angry, you would think I'd murdered someone," Dort said. "He said, 'How dare you go looking.' "

These quotes from that recent article about Cynthia's search for her mom makes me wonder if the Gay's may have sent the letter from WV in 1976/1977? I wonder if the Hutton's were trying to track down what happened to Bonnie and Tamara and they started re-tracing places Bonnie was known to have lived and the Gay's wanted to protect custody of Cynthia?

Maybe they wanted to protect Cynthia and don't like the fact that she is looking for her birth mom. Who knows what the family went through and what was actually going on when they decided Mr. Gay's brother should adopt her as a three year old. They seem not to think high of Bonnie, but what about Tamara? She was just an innocent child and has no fault in this whole situation.

Cynthia, have you uploaded your DNA to GedMatch.com or FTDNA.com? If a Doe is found and DNA is sent in for forensic genetic genealogy that would be the quickest way to match you!

I still have not been verified. I have sent several emails and I am not sure what to do to get verified. I’d appreciate any help! Thank you
@Cynthia Dort

Cynthia, we're very sorry that you have experienced this.

I have checked through our applications for the last couple of years and do not find anything with either your user name or the thread name. I don't know what happened but perhaps your information was being sent to the old gmail address.

This link contains the current and correct information for how to apply for verification:

Please resend your info to the yahoo email address contained in the above link and we'll keep an eye out for it with a view to getting you approved as quickly as possible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNkelly
Back