Match! WV - Greenbrier Co, AsianFem Skel 859UFWV, Sep'02 *Karen Tait*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Great job. As you say the CODIS hit would have come anyway but we all know how long that process can take. I truly pray for her child and hope her family can get to know Karen's child.

Pamela Reed explained to me that when a CODIS hit comes in on a FRS (as opposed to a nucDNA sample straight from the MP's clothing, toothbrush, etc.), it only comes in as a "possible association". In this instance, they were already focused on this case to see whether CODIS would hit on it, and when it did, that was, as she put it, a "big plus".

There are frequently false positives, especially if the hit is on mtDNA. So they all don't jump out of their seats when a CODIS hit comes in.

CarlK--I spend the majority of my time on WS as a lurker. I have read so many of your posts and I have to say, you are just amazing. Absolutely amazing. Your dedication and intense work on these cases is apparent and appreciated by so many.

Excellent work Carl. Another family knows what happened to their loved one thanks to you. BTW in my opinion the press SHOULD have given recognition to WS!!

Congratulations CarlK! This is amazing! You gave a mother back to her child and gave closure to her family!

Throughout all what this child most likely had to endure from this monster of a man, he/she was probably told by him that his/her mother left him/her. That's, if that child isn't missing too.
And I don't even know what to hope for, because to imagine 10+ years of abuse is just horrible. For the record, I don't know he abused this child, but I suppose that is a strong possibility after the childp*rn charges against him. It could have been the reason why he would have killed Karen if she found out about it.
RIP Karen! My deepest condolences to her family!

Thanks again CarlK for your great work!

Excellent work!! I wish the media would give credit where credit is due though...you were the spark that lit the fire to get this investigation en pointe!! Congrats on your success and be happy in the knowledge that her family knows her whereabouts and she has her name back!

The only thing that worries me is that Thomas Neal Tait had 10 years to perfect his story on what happened to his wife. It sounds to me that the District Attorney only has a body with DNA evidence confirming the identity of the remains. There really is no concrete evidence to point that Thomas murder his wife. His actions are extremely suspicious but what other pieces of evidence does the prosecuetion have for a conviction?

The only thing that worries me is that Thomas Neal Tait had 10 years to perfect his story on what happened to his wife. It sounds to me that the District Attorney only has a body with DNA evidence confirming the identity of the remains. There really is no concrete evidence to point that Thomas murder his wife. His actions are extremely suspicious but what other pieces of evidence does the prosecuetion have for a conviction?

We don't know if anything, besides her clothing, was found with the remains. There might be trace evidence that might enable them to pin it down to him further, but they wouldn't release what they have at this point.

Amazing job CarlK! Thank you for tirelessly working on these cases, giving people back their identities, and sending them back to their families. :great:

I hope Karen's husband will be rotting behind bars for a long time to come. Considering what he is in jail for currently, it's possible Karen discovered the illegal images, or discovered their poor daughter was being abused by this monster and was going to the police :furious:

Great work, Carl, and I'm probably just stating the obvious, but in the photo of Karen in your post #21, the vegetation appears to be tropical, so that supports the possibility she took a vacation to Mexico and acquired the orange shorts there.

May Karen Rest in Peace and her child find healing and love for the rest of her life.

Congrats CarlK!
Thanks for all your hours of working on UID cases. You make us all proud.

Such an inspiration to us all, CarlK. THANK YOU!!

Because of WS, a family now knows what happened to their daughter, and a daughter know gets to go home. Way to go Carl and everyone that cares so much about the missing!

Rest In peace, Karen.

Carl, I'm so in awe of the work you and others do to help bring closure to these families. Thank you so much.

Enjoy your weekend, rest up, and then come back and help us work on the LISK unidentified. (I'm a pushy woman on a mission!) ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back