Match! WV - Greenbrier Co, AsianFem Skel 859UFWV, Sep'02 *Karen Tait*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here's another photo of Karen. Interesting that in this photo she is wearing orange shorts. She was found wearing orange shorts.

KarenSantilianTate.jpg

I e-mailed this possible match to Pamela Reed on August 30. However, I don't know if it was on their radar prior to my e-mail.

I will leave the flag as Identified for now. I e-mailed Pamela Reed again to see if it was my e-mail that resulted in the match. If she says it was, I will change the flag to Match!

I got a reply from Pamela Reed that based on the tip, they obtained Karen Tait's dentals and saw similarities that further suggested a potential match worth pursuing. They then escalated the DNA FRS to the national level.

The CODIS hit came after that. So it was the tip that precipitated the escalation of the DNA profile to CODIS, and consequently, the CODIS hit.

The news articles don't go into that kind of detail, but I think this is sufficient to classify this as a WS Match!

I e-mailed this possible match to Pamela Reed on August 30. However, I don't know if it was on their radar prior to my e-mail.

I will leave the flag as Identified for now. I e-mailed Pamela Reed again to see if it was my e-mail that resulted in the match. If she says it was, I will change the flag to Match!

I got a reply from Pamela Reed that based on the tip, they obtained Karen Tait's dentals and saw similarities that further suggested a potential match worth pursuing. They then escalated the DNA FRS to the national level.

The CODIS hit came after that. So it was the tip that precipitated the escalation of the DNA profile to CODIS, and consequently, the CODIS hit.

The news articles don't go into that kind of detail, but I think this is sufficient to classify this as a WS Match!

Congratulations, Carl! Keep up the great sleuthing. We're proud of you and appreciative of your tremendous contributions!

CarlK, I have tears in my eyes! I am always so moved when we have a match! THANK YOU and BLESS YOU for the hours and hours you and your team spend here trying to send people home to their loved ones!

And my prayers to Karen's family as they process this new stage in Karen's disappearance. She's coming home. :rose:

What Kimster said!!!!

Great Job! You guys are such dedicated sleuths and are so appreciated!

:yourock:

Salem

I agree with everyone else here. Great Job! Thank you for all the time you give to the Unidentified.

Ima

I would like to ad my congrats too!

You are simply amazing!

:fireworks:

fran

Wonderful job CarlK. We're so proud of you and the great success of the UID forum. You all make us extremely proud!

Nice work, Carl.
Interesting, that photo of her in orange shorts. It's kinda spooky that they could be the ones she wore when she died...

Wow. This is so wonderful!!! Carlk Thank you for all you do you are amazing

Great job. As you say the CODIS hit would have come anyway but we all know how long that process can take. I truly pray for her child and hope her family can get to know Karen's child.

Congratulations Carl! Thank you for your endless dedication to these unidentified persons. You are truly an inspiration!

Thank you for your efforts which brought Karen home.

Great Job everyone...hat's off to you CarlK :bow:

Well done Carl, you're attention to detail and sleuthing are incredible!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadeeire
Back