WV WV - Kevin Flythe, 52, on bus from Charleston to Washington DC, 27 Jan 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The family attorney said this in the MSM story, so apparently he was on that bus:

[...]
While Flythe's relative initially stated in the Facebook post that Greyhound told the family he never used his ticket, Madill received an update from the contracting bus company, Barons Bus. “Barons Bus says the ticket was used, and someone at the station says they saw Kevin get on the bus,” says Madill. “…We now think he did, in fact, get on the bus in Charleston.”
[...]

Stroke Victim 'Dumped' By Prison Guards At Bus Stop, Massive Search Launched: Attorney - NewsBreak

However, the statement "someone at the station says they saw Kevin get on the bus" isn't a guarantee that he in fact did get on the bus. Neither family members or their attorney actually witnessed him getting on the bus, but that's all we have to go on at this point AFAIK.

The next scheduled stop, Cleveland or Pittsburgh, is also in question. However, given Kevin's physical and cognitive issues, it would seem reasonable that someone at either of those locations would have noticed someone in Kevin's situation and offered assistance or notified or LE. There's no evidence that we know of at this time indicating Kevin made the bus transfer.

He got a second chance after 27 years in prison

[...]
Flythe’s family and attorneys have filed two missing persons reports and galvanized a village of public defenders to conduct a sweeping search that spans multiple cities. Fearing the worst, they point to the Federal Bureau of Prisons for allegedly failing to respond to their efforts ahead of Flythe’s release to put a plan in place to ensure he got home safely.

A spokeswoman for the Federal Bureau of Prisons declined to comment on Flythe’s case or the circumstances of his release, saying the agency “does not comment on pending litigation or matters subject to legal proceedings.” But she said the bureau “properly identifies, tracks, and provides services to inmate with disabilities,” which “includes assisting with release when warranted.
[...]

BBM

I wish someone from the family or a friend had arranged to pick Kevin up from prison, knowing his health issues and concerns. I know I’d never trust the prison to make any special accommodations. If he did get on the bus in Charleston there would have to be video, right? I would think bus terminals would be loaded with cameras.

Continuing prayers for Kevin and his loved ones.

@Limecat , I'd have to reread the early posts in this case for the details, but I believe the family and/or the family attorney did try to arrange Kevin's pickup from prison. If I remember correctly, the prison wouldn't respond to the family attorney and only notified her after Kevin has been released.

@Limecat , I'd have to reread the early posts in this case for the details, but I believe the family and/or the family attorney did try to arrange Kevin's pickup from prison. If I remember correctly, the prison wouldn't respond to the family attorney and only notified her after Kevin has been released.
I do remember that, but I thought the family knew the release date. I’ve probably misremembered. Thanks!

@Limecat no worries. I've looked at so many cases recently it's sometimes difficult to keep them all straight. I will have to go back and re-read the earlier posts.

It's possible someone in Kevin's family knew the date he was scheduled to be released, but I do recall reading that his attorney made several phone calls and sent several emails asking for release details and all of those supposedly went unanswered.

...unless this is one, just above the dropped pin??
View attachment 334918
That does look like one. The police station is right next to the bus station. I’m surprised they don’t appear to have more than the one camera. But I also would have thought they had cameras on the actual buses by now. This one is heartbreaking because he was so helpless.

From we have been told by MSM it appears Kevin likely boarded the bus in WV, but beyond that there have been no reported sightings of him that we are currently aware of.

As I mentioned in a previous post, the MSM statement "someone at the station says they saw Kevin get on the bus" isn't a guarantee that he did in fact get on the bus. Neither family members or their attorney actually witnessed him getting on the bus, and we don't know the identity of this "someone" who supposedly saw him board the bus. Presumably LE has interviewed both the bus driver and the corrections staff member(s) who transported Kevin to the bus station in WV, but we have no information regarding these interviews.

Assuming Kevin boarded the bus, he probably would have needed at least some assistance, so the bus driver and some of the other passengers sitting near him would have noticed his condition. AFAIK nothing has been reported in the media regarding Kevin after he boarded the bus and there's been no sightings of him since.

If Kevin did in fact get on the bus in WV then the logical conclusion is that he arrived at either the Pittsburgh or Cleveland bus terminals, depending on the actual bus route. Since people cannot simply vanish, something must have happened to Kevin around this time.

Would the driver of the WV bus, likely knowing Kevin needed assistance, simply leave him on the bus when they arrived at the terminal? Doesn't seem probable IMO but there's no LE or MSM information about this. Was Kevin seen by anyone at the second bus terminal? Employees or other passengers? Any video of him at the second terminal? Did the driver of the second bus see Kevin? Again, nothing has been reported by MSM or LE so far.

Rather than speculate on possible scenarios, it would be helpful to know more from LE.

That does look like one. The police station is right next to the bus station. I’m surprised they don’t appear to have more than the one camera. But I also would have thought they had cameras on the actual buses by now. This one is heartbreaking because he was so helpless.

If I go out today I'll drive through there and see what I can see. The only other cam I spotted was in the entrance to the parking garage. The convention center across Lee Street may have cameras, but they'd be aimed at the loading area, if anything. It's so frustrating.

I haven't been able to find more than secondhand claims that there are dashboard cams on Greyhound buses, but I'd be surprised if they didn't, by now. I'd also be surprised if they kept the footage for very long. And I've heard NOTHING about this locally. Nothing.

"But then almost a week after he disappeared, on Feb. 2, investigators from public defenders offices in Cleveland went to the Greyhound bus station and found surveillance footage of someone they believe to be Flythe, standing near the ticket line. They said he probably boarded a train with multiple stops toward Washington. He was supposed to transfer again in Baltimore. They felt hopeful for the first time in six days.

But that was his last sighting, and now, three weeks since Flythe was supposed to arrive home, Madill and Royster believe he could be anywhere from Cleveland to D.C."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-m...nkxzcxl1cucosdHpRXXucwFArbrI9Oo99oEPHgaEm6rKA

@JayLee#99 I agree. I hope he is located soon.

From what we've heard so far this prison release situation was very poorly handled from the beginning. There's no way anyone in Kevin's reported condition could logically be expected to get on buses, make several connections in unfamiliar cities, and arrive home safely without significant assistance.

Kevin Flythe NamUs page: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thumbnail

#MP88549
Missing Age 52 Years
Current Age 52 Years
First Name Kevin
Last Name Flythe
Nickname/Alias Man

Sex Male
Height 5' 7" (67 Inches)
Weight 190 - 200 lbs
Race/Ethnicity Black/African American

Date of Last Contact January 27, 2022
NamUs Case Created February 2, 2022
Last Known Location Map
Location Charleston, West Virginia 25301
County Kanawha County

Circumstances of Disappearance Kevin Flythe was driven from FCI Gilmer, located in Glenville, WV, to the Charleston, WV Greyhound bus station. He was dropped off at 6:32 am on 1/27/22; this is the last confirmed sighting. Kevin was supposed to get on a Barons Bus that left at 9:50 am and eventually arrive in DC on a Greyhound bus on 1/28 at approximately 3:20 am (although his scheduled bus was 50 minutes late). Per his itinerary, he was supposed to travel through Cambridge (Ohio), Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and DC. He hasn't been seen since.

Hair Color Brown
Left Eye Color Brown
Right Eye Color Brown

Other distinctive physical characteristic Stroke victim - difficulty speaking/can mostly only answer yes/no questions; weakness in both arms due to stroke and prior car accident

Clothing
Blue Jeans
Gray t-shirt
"Dickie's style navy blue zip up jacket"

Transportation Notes
Kevin supposed to travel the following bus schedule:
Charleston, WV - Departure 9:50 am on 1/27/22
Cambridge, OH - Arrival 12:40 pm; Departure 1:00 pm
Cleveland, OH - Arrival 3:30 pm; Departure 4:55 pm
Pittsburgh, PA - Arrival 8:15 pm; Departure 9:15 pm
Baltimore, MA - Arrival 1:50 am (1/28/22); Departure 2:25 am
Washington, DC - Arrival 3:25 am (scheduled); Bus actually arrived 52 minutes late

Flyer https://www.namus.gov/api/CaseSets/NamUs/MissingPersons/Cases/88549/Documents/24631

So if he did get on the ‘first’ bus, which I’m not too sure, I wonder if the bus makes other pit stops between the primary destination cities? Used to take the greyhound when I was a teen and they stopped in practically hick town in the road, or at least at bigger places so people could get something to eat or drink, use the restroom.

If they do, it could be possible Kevin might have gotten off the bus before his first transfer in Cambridge. I don’t know if bus drivers do a head count at such stops or not. I would personally think if I was the driver I’d be especially cognizant of Kevin’s medical issues and would be extra vigilant that he was ‘back’ on the bus, but I have no idea what it’s like these days.

If Kevin made it to the Cambridge transfer, there has to be some kind of video footage, right?

But if he never got on the bus, where could he possibly be? Limited physical capabilities, no vehicle, not sure if he had much money, where would Kevin go?
All speculation and wondering.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitbladdo
Back