WV WV - Leah Hickman, 21, Huntington, 14 Dec 2007 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I should also add that whoever murdered Leah, knew where that crawlspace was. And I'm not sure a tenant (Vickers) would have known it was there.

I should also add that whoever murdered Leah, knew where that crawlspace was. And I'm not sure a tenant (Vickers) would have known it was there.

That is a very good point!!!! The family as well as the police looked in the laundry room and overlooked the crawl space..So that only leaves.
Prior renter that maybe did work for the owner,
a contracting crew maybe,
I cant think of anyone else...
a person just breaking in homes probably wouldnt have even had a clue.
I do not believe a homeless person would have been in that area.
IMO

That is a very good point!!!! The family as well as the police looked in the laundry room and overlooked the crawl space..So that only leaves.
Prior renter that maybe did work for the owner,
a contracting crew maybe,
I cant think of anyone else...
a person just breaking in homes probably wouldnt have even had a clue.
I do not believe a homeless person would have been in that area.
IMO

Also, the owner? Except alot of them have never even set foot on their properties. I have a personal phobia of maintenance men, long story, but they have too much access to tenants apartments with no background checks in place.

Knowledge of the crawlspace should greatly narrow down the suspects. And I really don't think Vickers would know it was there. In my travels through the blogosphere, I'm hearing the crawl space was about 18" square and behind the washer and dryer. That's speculation and I have not seen it verified anywhere.

In the presser, did anyone notice the smile that crept up on the detectives face when he was asked whether Leah's laundry was located and where? The detective said something like, he wasn't prepared to answer that at this time. Hmmmmm.

Lionheart, I hope you are right. Good point about who would know that the crawl space was there....unless it was premed and someone had been looking for a place to put her. Not a good place, I might add. Either it was poorly planned or a hurried place to put her. You would think that later someone would notice the odor...that is if you are planning. But, where else could you hide a body....just thinking outloud. Where would I put a body if I were someone who was connected to that building?...not in the building. Just really weird....again I think I am thinking to hard. A person who would kill someone probably isn't real smart anyway or they would know that they would get caught.

On a different note, do you think she was strangled?...so...so..sad! As a mother, I don't think I could withstand this being my daughter. I don't think that I could hold it together.

I would like to know the sister whereabouts on Fri. evening and Sat. I would also like some more info on the other tenant whom was out of town. Sexual assault will be the key here.

Leah was so pretty...those blue eyes. Here friends discribe her as being a lovely person who had it together. I can see why someone would be a little envious of her.

Do you think that they will release cause of death? It seems like these types of cases are being much more hush hush. I guess for trial purposes.

I will also add that the cat thing got me too .. how does a cat open a door????

My cat used to try all the time. We had a front door with a lever-type handle and he could get up there and push it down. If the door hadn't always been closed really well, I can imagine he might've gotten out. Granted, this was a big, muscly 18 lb. cat.

When I volunteered at a shelter there was a cat who could get out of the room. The door used was a screen door and he would jump up and thwap the button with his paws and open the door.

I think if the cat did open the door it was because the door was faulty, not because the cat was a genius.

Saturday Afternoon
Investigators removed a woman's body from Hickman's apartment building around 1 p.m. Saturday afternoon.
Huntington police will not hold a press conference Saturday, but they are expected to release the woman's identity

http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/12576086.html

Thanks for the pics. Is that stuff from the apartment on the street? Did they take it out?

I notice that there is a fairly long sidewalk leading from the street to the door of the apt. Could be that the perp didn't want to risk trying to get her out to the street into a vehicle. Maybe he didn't even have a vehicle. I do agree that he HAD to know about the crawl space if it really is so hidden...but why even hide the body?

Thanks for the pics. Is that stuff from the apartment on the street? Did they take it out?

I would think from the uhaul box they are moving the other daughter out
of that place. If it was my daughter I know she would have been moved out
ASAP.

LittleRNB and Filly, I am with you guys. And I don't care who it is you call, it would be common courtesy to get a call back as soon as possible. Even if you have roomates, you may not even run into each other for days. And you know what? If someone walks up to you that you don't know, be rude. You hurt their feelings? So what. Girls are taught to be too dang nice, IMO.

You are right! My parents taught me not to speak unless I was spoken to first. And I had best be nice and polite no matter who it was. Of course I told my own children to be very careful of strangers. If you dont know them and they act strange just turn and walk away! I have always been afraid to talk guess that is why I am usually quite on here..Thanks to wonderful friends like you guys I think I may be coming out of it a little:blushing:

I would think from the uhaul box they are moving the other daughter out
of that place. If it was my daughter I know she would have been moved out
ASAP.

That or stuff removed from the basement. I think the building is still a crime scene?

That or stuff removed from the basement. I think the building is still a crime scene?

I think so too. There may have been stored items in the basement and since her body was found there they are taking everything for forensic testing. Also, in some of the pics the police have quite a bit of electrical equipment in the tool chests...looks like extension cords, drills etc.

I notice that there is a fairly long sidewalk leading from the street to the door of the apt. Could be that the perp didn't want to risk trying to get her out to the street into a vehicle. Maybe he didn't even have a vehicle. I do agree that he HAD to know about the crawl space if it really is so hidden...but why even hide the body?

And why hide a body where it would obviously be found eventually and in a place that would connect it back to you. Seriously, the suspect list can't be that long. To go to the trouble of taking and or turning off the phone? If Leah never left the building, who cares that the phone would ping there. Leah's phone quit pinging right after she got back from Mc Donalds. I don't think it ran down. Young people don't let their phone's run down, their social life would be cut off!

I am a little confused about the cell phones. Her sister said that she had two. Which one was going straight to voice mail and had no pinges? Which one was left in the apartment? Wasn't there one that was left with her keys and purse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper