WV WV - Leah Hickman, 21, Huntington, 14 Dec 2007 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
lionheart...didn't want you to search, just hoping someone has a better memory that I do! It might be a red flag if sister tells us she was going to do laundry, no hint of that anywhere...and yet that's where she was located. Was she wanting her to be found quickly? I'm not pointing my finger at sister...just thinking out loud.

Here is what's interesting, at the presser the detective was asked about the laundry, if it was found, where it was found. And the detective got a smirk on his face and said he wasn't prepared to anwer that at that time, or something like it. And there was a pic I posted yesterday, showing a big white laundry basket in the back of Leah's car. So if she was taking laundry to her parents home to do there, then why go to the laundry room of her building?

CP, my understanding is there are only two apartments rented there.

Thank you for your kind words. One person could never ruin my faith;)

My earlier post went bye bye. :angel: But I want to tell you I'm sorry that yahoo did what they did. :blowkiss:

I hope they do look at the previous tenants as well. I wonder when the other two units went vacant?

At least we can rule out suicide. **sigh**

I hope they do look at the previous tenants as well. I wonder when the other two units went vacant?

At least we can rule out suicide. **sigh**

The suspect list just can't be that long, IMO. I wonder when we will see a vid or pic of the location of the crawl space? The neighbors must be freaked not knowing whether this was random or not.

Taxi, your comment about the vid of the laundry with the keys on top made me think (scary I know). Why would she be in the laundry room without her laundry? And wouldn't she need the keys if those keys were to the laundry room? Hmmm.

ok hers was 403 8th Ave and this gym is on 418 8th ST..might not be very close. sorry

Actually it is fairly close. Leah's apartment was on 8th Avenue and 4th Street and the gym is on 4th Ave. and 8th St. So about 8 blocks. The YMCA is also pretty close (935 10th Avenue, or 9th Street and 10th Avenue). So about 7 blocks. There's also a gym pretty near where she works called Absolute Fitness. I didn't see the picture that had the ID tag in it, but it could have also been her student ID--they need it for just about everything at Marshall, so students always carry it with them.

The suspect list just can't be that long, IMO. I wonder when we will see a vid or pic of the location of the crawl space? The neighbors must be freaked not knowing whether this was random or not.

I agree it has to be a very short list.. I dont live far from there and I know I double checked my doors last night three or four times.

Taxi, your comment about the vid of the laundry with the keys on top made me think (scary I know). Why would she be in the laundry room without her laundry? And wouldn't she need the keys if those keys were to the laundry room? Hmmm.

I know! That's what is so strange. I'm pretty sure that shot was taken IN their apartment, but there wasn't anything specifically said when the picture was shown. I'm totally assuming that was her laundry and her keys.

It is sounding like whatever happened to her happened in her apartment. Then someone used plastic to place her body on and drag her to the basement level and ultimately to the crawl space. That could be the reason for plastic is one trying to not leave evidence in the apartment and eliminate lifting the remains.

Since the building wasn't fully occupied most tenants who remained probably have a schedule that typically is adhered to on a daily basis. Any perp could notice a set behavior and use it to their advantage.

Saturday Afternoon
Investigators removed a woman's body from Hickman's apartment building around 1 p.m. Saturday afternoon.
Huntington police will not hold a press conference Saturday, but they are expected to release the woman's identity

http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/12576086.html

Thanks for all the links..trying to read up what has happened since her body was found....I'm still really angry 'bout this one!

Quote from above article:

Police say the crawlspace was accessable from several areas.

What kind of plastic and where did they get it? That will tell a lot about whether this was premeditated or not. IMO anyway.

Typically plastic sheeting is laying around when painting or doing other repairs or construction. Did they use a plastic garbage bag(s)?

Her cell phone was the one thing that was not in her apartment. The last call and very last ping was the Mc Donalds call. After that not one thing.

Oh yeah, wonder if they found the cell phone with Leah's body?

Nothings been mentioned huh?

What kind of plastic and where did they get it? That will tell a lot about whether this was premeditated or not. IMO anyway.

Typically plastic sheeting is laying around when painting or doing other repairs or construction. Did they use a plastic garbage bag(s)?

To me the type of plastic used is the key to who could have done this. Most painters/construction/repair people take their plastic with them after a days work. So, unlikely it would be laying around after the job is finished for the day.

Garbage bags are a different story....that could have been found in her apartment and used because it was convenient.

This is a thought.. how would you go about looking up who owns that house?

There are all kindsa searches online to do this..most you will have to pay a fee, I think Intellius is only 7.95...some courts have public records you can view free.

To me the type of plastic used is the key to who could have done this. Most painters/construction/repair people take their plastic with them after a days work. So, unlikely it would be laying around after the job is finished for the day.

Garbage bags are a different story....that could have been found in her apartment and used because it was convenient.

I don't know, concerned...if I'm not done with a project I leave the sheeting down (or hanging etc).

I think it might be key, but then again, it might have just been handy.

Anyone keeping up with the gretawire site comments about this case? I haven't had a chance. I'm still looking for that video with the picture of what I assumed was laundry.

I just saw a video where her mom said her keys were by her open pocketbook, which leads me to think they were on a table. The keyring I saw didn't seem to have many keys on it....

Did I miss the part where it was mentioned that plastic of some kind was found and is possibly evidence?

Lion

I wish I had time, and I am sure much is not on internet anyway, but, I'd like to know about crime in that area. Specifics I'm talking, and we just don't have that kind of access. I wonder what has gone on in the area, specifically, in the last 12 months.

It was also mentioned lots of So's in area, wonder how many unreggied? Wonder what the consequences are for those on that list who reoffend, bad enough to kill?

Only thing mentioned so far is Homicide that I can see. I guess they will have a pressure Monday and release OCD?

LionRun, I'm still looking for the plastic too ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper