WV WV - Leah Hickman, 21, Huntington, 14 Dec 2007 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The sister said she went back to work after she saw her at 4:00. That could easily be checked, I don't think the sister was involved. I think it had to be someone who knew the building and knew everyone else was gone.

It is possible that if Leah was killed in her apartment, which we don't know yet, that if someone wanted to remove her body from her home to a place like the laundry room, one might find it easier to drag while holding her in a bag with a large knot. However, if the bags were the large trash or even the stronger leaf bags, they might not hold up carrying over 100 LB. I wonder what condition the bags were in and when she was put into them.

If she was killed in her apartment, there are two reasons I can think of as to why someone would bring her to the basement laundry room. One might be to remove her from a place where a killer felt emotionally connected, and one might be to stall for time concerning her body being found--or both.

We don't know where this poor girl was killed, but she was probably either killed in her apartment or in the basement. Either way, the bag issue is still getting me.

IIRC, I think there will be a news conference tomorrow some time, and even if we hear no more about the bags she was found wrapped in, I hope we hear more detail. I don't feel entitled to hear more, but I am interested in what happened to Leah.

Lion

The sister said she went back to work after she saw her at 4:00. That could easily be checked, I don't think the sister was involved. I think it had to be someone who knew the building and knew everyone else was gone.

And somewhere along the line that changed to 2:30-4PM. Wouldn't you know? It's not like she's recalling something from a year ago. However, once again it could be media misreporting. Her wherabouts should be easily verifiable if she spent the night at a friends after leaving work.

Thinking out loud here. Whatever happened to Leah, it happened around 6PM because no one could get ahold of her after that. I wonder where Vickers was at 6PM? If she had a late lunch, she probably didn't get off work till at least 7 or 8PM.

Am I right on this? There are four apts in the building, two empty, and one renter in Ohio..So she was totally alone in that big building. Where the windows are open must be where they where doing repair work .

Am I right on this? There are four apts in the building, two empty, and one renter in Ohio..So she was totally alone in that big building. Where the windows are open must be where they where doing repair work .

Correct on the number of apts and she was alone. The other night a reporter on the scene and said if you are facing the front of the building, Leah's apt is on the upper right hand side. I wonder where the other tenant lived?

Thanks Windy! Merry Christmas to you too!

So, today there is a presser? I am hoping to be home so I can watch it via net. Do you think it will be on national TV? Wonder if ATL TV will cover it?

I hope there is a presser today. I checked around for the latest articles and the only thing was 11 hours ago and it didn't mention anything about it. It didn't have new info at all.

Maybe when LionRun gets here she will more local info.

Good AM all. I hope we can see the presser but others are very good at reporting to us. An article I read yesterday said those items we were wondering about were all in her apt. Just her cell hasn't yet been located. Would her cell be of any use to someone else? Maybe it held evidence in/on it?

I hope there is a presser today. I checked around for the latest articles and the only thing was 11 hours ago and it didn't mention anything about it. It didn't have new info at all.

Maybe when LionRun gets here she will more local info.

Here it is CP, I had thought I heard about it, but wasn't for sure:

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/homepage/x607056858

HPD schedules Monday press conference on Hickman case

Dec 23, 2007 @ 07:13 PM

Herald-Dispatch.com

The Huntington Police Department has scheduled a briefing for 2 p.m. Monday, Dec. 24, at Police Headquarters in regards to the Leah Hickman homicide investigation.

Chief Skip Holbrook said they will be providing the media with additional information on the investigation. The information will be an update of the investigation’s status since their last briefing.

Good AM all. I hope we can see the presser but others are very good at reporting to us. An article I read yesterday said those items we were wondering about were all in her apt. Just her cell hasn't yet been located. Would her cell be of any use to someone else? Maybe it held evidence in/on it?

Wonder if her cell is with her body, in her pocket, sis said a jacket was also missing, wonder if she has a jacket on? So many questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it was the recent wsaz article that said her jacket and sweater were in her house.

If it isn't in her pocket of the jacket she was supposed to be wearing than I would say there is evidence on it.Didn't her sister say one jacket was missing? The cell was probably discarded if it wasn't on her.

Hopefully LE checked the pockets! Yes, sis said brown/beige coat is missing. I bet they located the cell or else they would have immediately asked others to be on the look-out for one.

The Dress Barn reopened this morning, three days after Huntington police found what they believe to be the body of a missing employee.
The Barboursville clothing store kept its doors shut Saturday and Sunday, two of biggest shopping days of the Christmas season. Officials posted a sign on the store’s door explaining that it closed out of respect for Leah N. Hickman. (more at link)

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/homepage/x607056952

I'm not finding a live feed for the presser. Is anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper