WV WV - Leah Hickman, 21, Huntington, 14 Dec 2007 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the laundry room accessible to only those who lived there and did it have a door that opened to the outside? 4 units in that building, it not a lot as if it were a huge aprt complex..

Local news said that Fox news reported that LE now know the cause of death....but that is all that was said...they indicated that LE got information over weekend. This was on WSAZ

Local news said that Fox news reported that LE now know the cause of death....but that is all that was said...they indicated that LE got information over weekend. This was on WSAZ

I hope that means that they will release some information on Monday.

And I join with everyone to say that I'm so glad that this website is up and running again!

I was going crazy not being able to check in on Websleuths.. especially with all the new info coming out in the Meredith Emerson case this weekend. my family and friends won't talk about these things with me and I need an outlet for my thoughts!!

from WSAZ story linked by Sabal:

Preliminary lab results are back in the death of the missing Marshall student. But, police aren't releasing anything to the public. Huntington Police Chief Skip Holbrook says early results about the cause of death and other evidence surrounding Leah Hickman's death are inconclusive. Holbrook says they're still waiting on complete results. They hope to receive those results sometime this week.

"Until we get all of the information, we're not drawing any conclusions. Once we get the results, we'll determine how many, if any, details we'll release to the public," said Chief Holbrook.

At this point, Holbrook says very limited information has been released to the family and nothing will be released to the public for fear of jeopardizing their case.

Police are still questioning individuals and aggressively pursuing leads in the case. But, they won't confirm or deny whether they've narrowed their search.

Leah Hickman was last seen December 14 by her half sister in their apartment at 403 8th St. in Huntington. A week later, her body was found in a crawl space in her basement.

Please, tell me this means that they will solve this soon.

from WSAZ story linked by Sabal:

Preliminary lab results are back in the death of the missing Marshall student. But, police aren't releasing anything to the public. Huntington Police Chief Skip Holbrook says early results about the cause of death and other evidence surrounding Leah Hickman's death are inconclusive. Holbrook says they're still waiting on complete results. They hope to receive those results sometime this week.

"Until we get all of the information, we're not drawing any conclusions. Once we get the results, we'll determine how many, if any, details we'll release to the public," said Chief Holbrook.

At this point, Holbrook says very limited information has been released to the family and nothing will be released to the public for fear of jeopardizing their case.

Police are still questioning individuals and aggressively pursuing leads in the case. But, they won't confirm or deny whether they've narrowed their search.

Leah Hickman was last seen December 14 by her half sister in their apartment at 403 8th St. in Huntington. A week later, her body was found in a crawl space in her basement.

Please, tell me this means that they will solve this soon.

Hi Wv Mom. I sure hope so. I can't revolve my life around the morning and evening news anymore. :banghead: I think it is a good thing and trust something will be released this week. Let's all keep our fingers crossed that Leah finally gets some justice.

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]DISCLAIMER: Rumors and theories only. Nobody freak out. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Okay, so I heard something tonight that I've never heard/read before. Apparently RUMORS are going around much to the same effect as what we've heard about Jessica's ex boyfriend who I've only seen described as military. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]HOWEVER, the difference I learned tonight is that some RUMORS have this ex boyfriend being a "goth" type guy. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]*****[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Just throwing around thoughts in the rumor mill. So IFFFFF any of this is factual, then..... here's what I am thinking out loud..... [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]1 --- I would NOT think that Goth types are military types. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]2 --- Are these two different ex boyfriends or the same person? [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]3 --- Similar happenings to both the goth and military rumors such as that Leah didn't like him. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]*****[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]So I just wanted to mention this to see if any of the locals have heard anything or if this rings a bell. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Interestingly enough, I googled "leah hickman goth" and there were several persons who had "rips" for Leah who had "goth" and goth things listed as interests. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]I'm just pondering this new RUMOR. Hum......[/FONT]

As I posted this over at Tru(bleh!)tv and received ridiculous misguided argument not related to my point, I will clarify before the circus starts.

I am IN NO WAY implying anything other than a PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION that has been rumored. As many people have been looking for "military" looking guys to finger as the ex of Jessica, I thought this PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION would be a different direction to go with our sleuthing.

Wow Hope, maybe it's a different BF than the military guy. Sure is something to consider.

Hi, everyone! I don't have much to add except one of my friends in high school was totally goth and he joined the Navy as soon as he got out. He's a mechanic on fighter jets (I think). While it may be unusual, I don't think you can rule out it being the same guy. Lots of people join the military to get college paid for, regardless of their earlier "front."

Ditto on a friend of mine from high school. Happens all the time.

Hmm if the ex boyfriend is both military and goth it brings up some interesting points. I don't mean to stereotype anyone, but it seems that goth kids are often have an interest in death. Combine that with time spent in Iraq and it might leave a person more open to murder.

A few of my family members have come home from Iraq, and one of them came back a little bit overly interested in violence and killing. I wonder if the same thing happened to the ex boyfriend?

Anyways these are just random thoughts that are probably have nothing to do with anything. But I haven't gotten any updates in such a long time, I've got nothing else to go on at this point!!

I tried a similar search from the msn page (so it wasn't google; would it be windows 'live?') and got a few hits, too. The ones that I viewed reflected clothing that would not look good on me! But the other thing that I noticed was that two of them had multiple references to Christianity.

I don't know much about 'Goth.' I am most aware of the appearance aspect. I glanced at Wikipedia to see if there was more information. For anyone that is inclined, here is the link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goth_subculture

Don't know if it is significant here, just sharing my attempt to educate myself!

Hoping for a resolution to this matter soon. MU starts back to school on Monday. The kids and their parents need to know more so that they can make decisions about their safety.

Everyone should be careful all the time, however, we KNOW that there's a killer on the loose in Huntington. Is there a suspect? Was it random? Do they have ANY idea of who is responsible?

With school starting back, there is a real need for more information to the public.

Aw, I feel sorry for all those students that might be afraid. Even IF the killer is known to LE, he or she is still loose, right? At this point they have nothing to lose and could kill again if they wanted. Hopefully they'll lock someone up soon.

What's with all the people that seem to be getting away with murder lately?! :mad:

Even if Leah's killer is found..I'm afraid the students will let their guard down. There is more than one severly mentally disturbed person in this world....Just look at all the thread here...Guard should always be up..and be alert of surroundings all the time...Not just at night as I have seen posted so many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper