WV WV - Leah Hickman, 21, Huntington, 14 Dec 2007 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if Leah's killer is found..I'm afraid the students will let their guard down. There is more than one severly mentally disturbed person in this world....Just look at all the thread here...Guard should always be up..and be alert of surroundings all the time...Not just at night as I have seen posted so many times.

Good post and true. Things happen in broad daylight as to wit Meredith Emerson.We should make a distinction that not all mentally disturbed individuals are capable or culpable in these crimes. It is the combination of evil and personality disordered that result in the most heinous crimes and the legal definition is clear.

We should make a distinction that not all mentally disturbed individuals are capable or culpable in these crimes. It is the combination of evil and personality disordered that result in the most heinous crimes and the legal definition is clear.

Oh so very true...I was concentrating on trying to find words that would discribe the person that did this that would be acceptable here and not what I was thinking....I have worked in a mental health hospital and I am very clear on the differences, but I was having trouble to find the right words....Thanks for the help...It didn't come out the way I really wanted.
:doh: <<<<< me!

After Mary Lauterbach reported her daughter missing, an investigator asked her to send an e-mail telling him "everything she knew."

Court documents filed in North Carolina this week indicated the mother told investigators Maria was bipolar and had a history of compulsive lying.

"Never in my wildest dreams," she said Friday, "did I think it would become a national press release."

After Mary Lauterbach reported her daughter missing, an investigator asked her to send an e-mail telling him "everything she knew."

Court documents filed in North Carolina this week indicated the mother told investigators Maria was bipolar and had a history of compulsive lying.

"Never in my wildest dreams," she said Friday, "did I think it would become a national press release."

What does this mean? I'm lost...

Local news tonight...Classes resume today and nothing new in this case...

Unbelievable, and very sad for her family and friends.

It's making me sick....It will be a month on Monday that they found Leah...
I'm not clear on what they are waiting for...unless it's DNA....that takes longer from what I understand....Geesh!

WV_ Lady
"Even if Leah's killer is found.. I'm afraid the students will let their guard down. There is more than one severely mentally disturbed person in this world....Just look at all the thread here...Guard should always be up.. and be alert of surroundings all the time...Not just at night as I have seen posted so many times."

Truer words were never spoken. I am in the possess of writing a Myspace blog /message board entry with the title;.. "Last seen leaving..."

It deals with five young women who went out with friends to have a good time, and for one reason or another got separated from their friends.

All five are murder victims; three we know were the victims of sexual assault, one the police are not yet willing to talk about. Alas, the last one was found in a shallow grave so long after the fact that no one can say for sure.

Peter J.

www.myspace.com/maelstrom5

I don't know how long it takes to process dna evidence. I think there has been a news story fairly recently about the State Police crime lab being backed up. What is the usual processing time? I don't remember how long a delay was cited in the article related to another case, but I remember thinking it was significant.

It is sad that young people, and it seems that young women are the more frequent victims, may be too trusting. I hope that they will find all the good advice about caution that could save so much misery. Peter, I hope your blog will reach someone it can help, by showing them the risk.

It is frightening, and seems to be worse lately.

I didn't have the opportunity to meet Leah Hickman. It sounds like she was a great friend and family member...Just want the family to know our thoughts and prayers are still with you. News has slowed down, but she is still in our hearts even thought we didn't have the pleasure of meeting her. I'm sure this is hard not hearing anything. I am writing this to encourage Law Enforcement to do what they need to do, but be aware of the emotional stress any delays have on the family and friends.

http://www.wvgazette.com/webtools/print/News/2008011936

January 20, 2008 Student&#8217;s killing leaves Marshall afraid and on alert

By Veronica Nett Staff writer
By Gary Harki Staff writer
HUNTINGTON &#8212; Four weeks after Leah Hickman&#8217;s body was found in her apartment building, police have yet to release any details of what&#8217;s happened.
&#8220;I am completely terrified,&#8221; said Autumn Crank, a friend of Hickman&#8217;s. &#8220;I work at a 7-Eleven and I don&#8217;t know if who comes in, if the person I just checked out, did it. That always scares me.
&#8220;I don&#8217;t think one of her friends feels totally safe,&#8221; she said.
People are always going to talk, Crank said, and they just want answers.
&#8220;Because no information is available, students are starting to make things up,&#8221; said Tamera Rembert, a journalism senior at Marshall University, where Hickman was a student. &#8220;It&#8217;s raising concerns and fears.&#8221;
Concerned for her safety, one student said she bought a Taser. Another said she now carries pepper spray.
&#8220;[Students] don&#8217;t know if there&#8217;s a murderer running around and [we] don&#8217;t know if they&#8217;re targeting certain types of people,&#8221; Rembert said.
[/I]

Leah's murder will be solved and she will be exalted in the miasma of this.She is asking to be remembered for what she was. A dear and caring person with a huge heart. I know she is loved and she in turn has asked this.For every person that is missing to be returned to their family. To heal the hearts that are broken and to give them peace. This is what we can do. I ask this in God's name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper