GUILTY WV - Skylar Neese, 16, Star City, 6 July 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I havent seen anything in the news about the hearing. Or even if there was one! Keeping my eyes peeled.

I don't think the hearing happened. The source of that information is not a reliable one. I thought about saying less than reliable, but why sugar-coat it? The guy who operates that blog is a known/convicted scam artist who thrives on persecution and drama. It's less reliable than Star magazine and even more trashy. Take the things you read there with a pound of salt. There is probably one fact for every 300 pieces of speculation and theory.

Skylar's case creeps into my mind several times a week. To be murdered by her own best friends is...well I want to say shocking but considering that there are now a couple of true crime tv shows that deal with such subject matter tells us it happens a lot more than we think. I just can't get beyond the cavalier attitude of the two "friends".

Hope the trial is soon (if there is going to be one). I hope it isn't dragged out for 4 or 5 more years, I feel so bad for Skylar's family about how everything turned out. Ugh.....all so disturbing and sad, this is one of the cases that is hard to stop thinking and wondering about. Everyone has so many questions, the biggest being WHY DID THIS HAPPEN?

It's a relief Skylar has been returned to her family and laid to rest but I think it is VERY important that she gets JUSTICE and those who did this to her SPEND LIFE IN PRISON for what was done. There are NO excuses for this type of behavior, absolutely none and it's so unfair what happened to her for "seemingly no reason".

It also just blows my mind how LE allowed RS and SE to "be free" and seems like they did.....well pretty much whatever they wanted until they went to juvie jail in May. That is something that has bothered me a lot. I keep feeling like LE ....like feels bad? or something and wants to brush this all under the rug and is pulling the whole "oh just kids" BS and has a lot of parental pressure from...someones family to keep it quiet? I don't know. If this case involved boys or anyone else that weren't pretty, young, "normal" girls it would have been handled differently from the start. This case makes me think differently about new and other cases.

...It also just blows my mind how LE allowed RS and SE to "be free" and seems like they did.....well pretty much whatever they wanted until they went to juvie jail in May.

This very issue came up on the Topix forum. People were wondering why RS was allowed to do whatever she wanted after she confessed in January and here is the resolution to that question (granted, this is not fact, but very educated speculation):

It has been speculated that RS had some sort of "breakdown" and was confined to a mental hospital. Whether that is true or not isn't relevant, but at some point, and for whatever reason, RS went to her attorney and told him the whole story. The attorney then approached the police & asked for immunity in exchange for a statement from his client about what happened to Skylar. Immunity was granted. RS then made her confession and told police where to find Skylar. Once police heard the confession, they were stuck because they had given one of the murderers immunity. Until they found Skylar's remains. Being that they were across the WV line in PA, the WV immunity deal could stand, and RS could be prosecuted in PA (which has harsher sentencing guidelines). Once the remains were positively identified, PA began to make moves to prosecute RS. RS and her attorney agreed to waive the immunity deal in WV and instead plead to 2nd degree murder in exchange for not being prosecuted in PA (this explains why the PA DA was involved so heavily in her plea).

So, from January until the remains were identified, RS thought she had immunity and was going to be able to live her life, go to college and do whatever she wanted. It also means that while she believed this, she also had to know SE was going to be arrested (as she implicated her in the confession), and take the fall for what they had done.

It definitely seems like the police gave her immunity having no idea she was one of the people who killed Skylar. I would think that they gave her the deal in anticipation of her giving them information that she had heard about who killed Skylar, or about where the remains were located. This would also explain the statement by LE that they were "shocked" (or "stunned," I don't recall) at RS's confession.

Note: While I say above that this is "educated speculation," it is stated on Topix as fact from a source who all on that site consider reliable and very close to the case in some way. I'm not willing to go that far because it is still an anonymous internet forum, but thought it was worth adding.

There aren't too many details yet, it just hit the news within the past hour.

seattlechiquita, I guess this answers your question:

"Neese's father Dave says that he wishes Eddy would have pleaded guilty and spared him and his wife, Mary, the agony of a trial."

About time!! She should have been identified a year ago...ugh, just saying. I'm kind of suprised she didn't plea guilty and is going to try and defend herself in the court....I see this case getting very messy and will be so painful for the real friends of Skylar and her family.

Re: their friends. I've said this before but I think, if I was them the thought 'it could have been me' would have to be in my mind. And I agree, this could get very messy, especially is one is to believe the posts made by locals on the topix site.

seattlechiquita, I guess this answers your question:

"Neese's father Dave says that he wishes Eddy would have pleaded guilty and spared him and his wife, Mary, the agony of a trial."

Thanks friend. I wish she would plea also.

Wow, I really thought she'd end up pleading guilty. Skylar's parents have been to hell and back already :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95