GUILTY WV - Skylar Neese, 16, Star City, 6 July 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sparky.. every one of your last posts, I could have written. I have no idea what those hash marks mean.. someone please help! I too wear flip flops all year, and for winter I wear flip flop socks with them. I quit going to the hash marks and stayed on the one feed for (ever).. then went back to the hash marks and got lost again and forgot how I got there. Same thing happens when I go to friends on fb, I end up forgetting whose fb I started with!

Sorry Rdgirl.. it was your post I was thankful for! THANK YOU~

You're welcome, sadnpod! Glad to be of help.

And along that vein, here's the rundown on Twitter:

LINGO:
Tweet: A post. When you say something on Twitter, you "Tweet it"
Tweep: Twitter "peeps," or people.
Twit: A person who uses Twitter.
RT: Retweet (see below item 3)
FF: Follow Friday. This is where users suggest people for their followers to follow. Also a way for users to give each other "props" for having good content
TBT: Throwback Thursday. This is usually used in the context of someone posting an old photo & is a fairly new trend on Twitter.
@: See items 5 & 6
#: See item 7

GENERAL:
1. The people you follow on Twitter show up on your "home page" just like Facebook. Everything they "Tweet" will be shown there.
2. Similarly, everything you "Tweet" shows up on the home page of your followers.
3. People can "Retweet" others. This way, you can share something someone has said with your followers. This is sometimes used in the way the Facebook "like" is used.
4. You can also "Favorite" a Tweet, which will then show up in a list of your "favorites." You can view a users favorite tweets by clicking on "Favorites" toward the top left of the twitter page (on the web, phone apps are set up differently)
5. An @ symbol is followed by a username. When someone uses the @ symbol, they are "talking" to someone else.
6. If you click a tweet to "expand" it, you can see who has retweeted or responded to that specific tweet. If two users are tweeting back and forth with the @ symbol, you will see their entire conversation.
7. The # you see in front of words creates a "Tag." These Tags then create "Trending Topics." If you see a Tweet that has used a hashtag (#), you can click on that tag and see all the tweets using the same tag. This is often useful with news items. For instance, If you want to see what people are saying about Hurricane Sandy, you can use your search bar (top of page) to type "Sandy" or "HurricaneSandy," and all the tweets with those Tags will be displayed. People also use these as a funny aside. For instance, if you tweet "Just fell down the stairs," you may add #ClumsyGirlProblems to add some amusement and so other people with similarly klutzy lives can see your tweet. There are popular hashtags, like #HumbleBrag, #FirstWorldProblems, #Sh--NooneSays (with the expletive used) etc.
8. Trending Topics are things a lot of people are talking about. If you click "# Discover" at the top of your Twitter webpage, it will take you to a page of trending topics & news that may be important to you (given who you follow or what you tweet). On this page, the "Trending Topics" are listed to the left in the "trends" box. You can click these trends and see the tweets that have used them.

That's all I can think of for now. As you can probably tell, I love Twitter and have used it for about 4 years now, so if you ever need any help understanding Twitter, I'll try to do my best to explain. I hope this helps you all to use Twitter more effectively, because it really is a remarkable tool.

Oh, also, just an idea. If you right-click a link, you can choose to "Open Link in New Tab," this way, you'll still have your original page, but you can also explore other leads. This should help with the getting lost. It'll give you a trail. If you're like me though, you'll end up with like 20 tabs haha

I haven't followed this thread at all until today. I don't know if this was or is being done, but she had a job at a fast food place. I know kids that worked these places and I think they should also concentrate on her co workers. How many times have we heard teenagers say, "I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to get him or her in trouble."? Lots of younger girls meet older guys at these jobs, not just costomers, but also co workers, managers, well you get it. Many SO work jobs to be around the age group they want to hit on. We have probably all heard about the Boy Scouts scandel by now, don't forget Penn State, and so on. I think she could have mentioned to someone that she was sneaking out, and they could have waited or agreed to hook up. If it was a face-to-face discussion, it won't be on any tweet or FB.

I found the transcript of JVM.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And then she went out with some friends. Now, I understand there may have been up to three girls. And they brought her back. What did those girls say about what they were doing, who they might have been hanging out with, and what your daughter`s mood was?

D. NEESE: Right. No, we don`t. We`ve actually -- the police have checked every avenue. They went to her work. They went to her school. They went to all her friends. They went to all the people she works with. And it`s turning up empty everywhere. I mean, totally empty.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1209/12/ijvm.01.html

How did Skylar hook up with these girls? Were they texting, on the phone with each other or what?

I just don't understand what happens to all of these woman and girls????? We have so many threads and these woman seem to just drop off the face of the earth. The ones that are found, dead, are usually found soon after they are missing and in most cases it is a stranger to stranger abduction and kill. In some of the cases it is someone known to them and the body is found close by where the perp or the victim lives. These cases that are solved, where they are never found or it takes years to find the body, are usually someone close to them. I am just thinking of crimes we have blogged about here and have been solved recently. So she is gone now 4 months, no signs of struggle, like a shoe found or any personal belongings along the road, or anything like that. She took nothing with her. Her phone and purse, not found. Or did she have a purse? When did the phone last ping, what area? I really feel she ran into someone on her way back to the house. Either it was a planned hook up or he suprised her. The only other thing is that three friends, know what happened and they are keeping the secret. Not much else to go on.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU RDGIRL!!!

I guess its time to face it.. I can't sleuth if I don't twitter.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU RDGIRL!!!

I guess its time to face it.. I can't sleuth if I don't twitter.

LOL :floorlaugh: I'm twittered out.

Seriously tho, when you read these accts, the first couple of days, it's where are you, please come home. And then you see nothing for weeks and then someone throws it out there again. It's like outta sight outta mind. Really sad!

So where is Skylar?

ETA: you don't have to have a acct to follow. hth :)

Me too Sparky! I've had migraines over fb.. this is worse. Its like shes just an afterthought now to what were suppose to be her besties. I don't get it.

SA was from what I hear on a cruise or out of town when Skylar disappeared, but something interesting SA goes to school out in Blacksville which is "out in the country" and SE used to go to school in Blacksville.

Welcome Preciousjule34! Im lost on the initials. Are these friends... can ya give me a hint.. like rhymes with....? TIA

Welcome Preciousjule34! Im lost on the initials. Are these friends... can ya give me a hint.. like rhymes with....? TIA

I'm not Jules, but yes they are. They are a couple of twitter accts we've been following. They are on Skylar's acct. HTH

SA was from what I hear on a cruise or out of town when Skylar disappeared, but something interesting SA goes to school out in Blacksville which is "out in the country" and SE used to go to school in Blacksville.

Welcome!

From what I understand, by reading twitter accts. SA was in SC and SE left the next day after SA got back. At least this is what I gathered from trying to read the accts.

Could you elaborate on the school thing? I guess I don't understand what's so interesting about them going to separate schools. Thanks so much!

Do you think they knew eachother when SE went to school there?

Do you think they knew eachother when SE went to school there?
Yes, I do think they probably knew each other. The reason I posted they both had gone to school in the Blacksville area was because someone earlier had guessed that she may have been going to a party in the "woods" and Blacksville is in the "woods".

I wear flip flops all the time. Even in winter, unless it's really cold, and that's hardly ever here in the South. lol I would wear them in the woods.

I did notice there was a reference to a cabin party and should this person have another. I can't remember what date, I'll go back and look.

Regarding drugs, all I saw was pot and there's drinking. I'm still leaning towards a Girl's Club and covering each others backs. jmo
Did you ever find out any detail's about the cabin party? Also if it was a party, they may have experimented with new drugs that are very available if you want them.

Did you ever find out any detail's about the cabin party? Also if it was a party, they may have experimented with new drugs that are very available if you want them.

This is all I found on a party.

From July 8-22 ZC was in SC. Aug 7 wants to have another "cabin party", Aug 23 wants to party, Aug 26 feels a "cabin homecoming party coming on" House party on Sept 2.

Again, going thru all those tweets, no mention of Skylar. :(

This is all I found on a party.

From July 8-22 ZC was in SC. Aug 7 wants to have another "cabin party", Aug 23 wants to party, Aug 26 feels a "cabin homecoming party coming on" House party on Sept 2.

Again, going thru all those tweets, no mention of Skylar. :(
And is it just me, or does it appear that SE and SA have deleted all their old tweets. Also another twitter to look at is RS.

I *think* I have gone through all of the friends' twitter accounts. But, I don't feel any closer to discovering what happened to Skylar.

So, back to my original ideas:

The friend never brought her back because she overdosed and the friend(s) panicked and disposed of her.

Or, the friend dropped her off like she stated and Skylar met with foul play immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper