WV - Sodder Family - 5 children, Christmas eve 1945 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was stated in one of the other comments in the earlier post that when the fire started Sodder was at the bottom of the stairs yelling for the kids. The son's came down but that was it. That has been the idea that the kids were already gone because people that was watching the fire stated that they had seen kids in the back of a car that was at the seen. Many have even stated that the kids were seen after the fire.

I don't remember has this ever been on AMW? With so many people missing in the United States there should be a missing persons program.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

There could be a WHOLE NETWORK. I have tried over and over to get this going, but lil 'ole me isn't having much luck..have had people say they are interested, promises made, noone ever comes through :( I hear there are a few shows in the works..let's all keep our fingers crossed that they come through!

It was stated in one of the other comments in the earlier post that when the fire started Sodder was at the bottom of the stairs yelling for the kids. The son's came down but that was it. That has been the idea that the kids were already gone because people that was watching the fire stated that they had seen kids in the back of a car that was at the seen. Many have even stated that the kids were seen after the fire.

Thanks Ida for clarifying. I know that obviously that had to have been considered but probably due to me skipping around among the posts I couldn't tell if people were operating on the perception the children were already out of the house before the fire started or if amongst the chaos they were snatched away or tricked into thinking their abductors were emergency personnel.
If the sighting of them in the back of the car is actually true that is a pretty brazen thing for an abductor to do, staying at the scene of a crime for any amount of time especially with the children they are planning to abduct!

I feel that is why so many are interested in this case being a Criminal justice student this case has really amazed me. I have read many different things about this case and have seen many old newspapers about this case that the things that I have read really in some way do not shock me. For instance the State pros. did not want anything to do with this case, that was suprising to me until in one od the old articles I read stated that his own brother was part of the community and had dealings with the people involved in this case. One of the Sodder family stated that the State Pros stated that he had to eat with them ; I think that was what was stated well that was in my own opionion was meaning his own brother and his friends. I feel really bad for the family i have made my own blog for these type of cases because the more I can see the more I am able to help. I want to know what happened not whith just this case but more in my state I feel for those who have lost. Being your own home it is different. My prob is that I have this wierd thing were I can feel and see things that kinda put me into the seen but it is hard to clearly tell if what I see is real. I guess that that may be weird but if I am able to see the truth then I have alot to tell but noone what's for some reason anything to do with this case. That makes me what to help the family even more. We all who are interested to too help get the truth of what happened maybe god will help the truth be known.

I've been lurking for awhile. The only reason I think the children were not abducted was the oldest was 14. Surely, a 14 yr. old would remember, as would the 12 yr. old.

I My prob is that I have this wierd thing were I can feel and see things that kinda put me into the seen but it is hard to clearly tell if what I see is real. I guess that that may be weird but if I am able to see the truth then I have alot to tell but noone what's for some reason anything to do with this case. That makes me what to help the family even more. We all who are interested to too help get the truth of what happened maybe god will help the truth be known.

Ida, great posts!

You say you have this gift in which you can feel and see things but can't tell if they are real-could you share more with us what you think and feel? I would love to hear more about your research on this case too. Thank you.

I have learned to place myself in the scene I guess all those years of CIS payes of. I can look at a picture or be near a place and it's like being in a dream. In one of the post someone talked about light's were in the front window; What I saw was snow falling you can hear the kids inside playing laughing mom and dad noise like music or maybe from a tv or radio. I can see street lights lokking up and see the snow falling. Then I feel quiet like they were listening or because people went to bed. I can feel the boys going out the back mad and in a hury to do the lock-up of the animals then it's like I feel them palying outside that is were I get the feeling that the other two little one's out with the brothers. Maybe playing in snow or chasing I feel happy. Then I get this strange feeling that something is not right because the happy is gone. I feel like someone is their that they know not really a stranger. Then it's like I feel then scared like the happy is gone. The rest is mixed feelings I feel that maybe the guy that was in the garage was what might be what the kids see. But like I said this is my own feeling. Could be wrong but for some reason I feel they are alive.

. I feel like someone is their that they now not really a stranger.

Interesting-I have never felt that the person who abducted them was a stranger, either.

I think there are several possible reasons the children never came home if they were alive. Some possibilities:
  1. The possibility they were told the parents and other siblings were dead-and maybe taken to another country where it would never be a real option to ever come back to America to visit their home.
2. Dedication to the people who were involved with kidnapping that they had grown to love and identify with.

3. Protection for their own well being and that of the family they left behind. Better to keep your mouth shout that face the repercussions.

4. Family involvement-not Mr. and Mrs. Sodder but extended family.

And so on. Could you give us your ideas?

This is my own idea, but I feel that someone could have maybe warned someone in the family about what was going on and the family knew that the Sodders would not let them take the kids out of the home, so they decided to come and take the kids. This to me from what I read had to be done by someone that new about the area not someone who was just randomly just come to take the kids. Cause if you have seen any of the pictures of the area you can see it is wooded. Not close to the road someone had to have been at the home at some point in time. And the fact that their was time to get the kids out of their tells me that this was a plot not just a spare of the time act. The kids were not harmed the father and mother were not harmed so that tells me that someone is tring to give them time to get out of the home the front and back door was used (front door mother, daughter) (back door father, sons) so maybe this was just a scare act not a act to committ harm but scare the family. This is my own thought or idea of what happen.

The possibility they were told the parents and other siblings were dead-and maybe taken to another country where it would never be a real option to ever come back to America to visit their home.

This is the theory that I more turn too because the older child you would think would have tried to get away if he did not know the person or persons that took them.

The Sodder children did not burn up in the fire. They had to have been kidnapped. Their bones were not found in the ashes from the fire. If you read through this thread you will find out lots of other information. I have said it before and will say it again that I firmly believe that the Mafia was involved and responsible for this. Years ago coal miners and the Mafia did not get along well. Mr Sodder had a trucking company hauling coal. He may have not paid his dues to the Mafia. I also believe that the Fire Marshal or anyone else in charge was afraid of the Mafia and didn't investigate this like it should have been. Those children could have been sent to Italy or told that their other family members died in the fire so they didn't bother looking for them.

The Sodder children did not burn up in the fire. They had to have been kidnapped. Their bones were not found in the ashes from the fire. If you read through this thread you will find out lots of other information. I have said it before and will say it again that I firmly believe that the Mafia was involved and responsible for this. Years ago coal miners and the Mafia did not get along well. Mr Sodder had a trucking company hauling coal. He may have not paid his dues to the Mafia. I also believe that the Fire Marshal or anyone else in charge was afraid of the Mafia and didn't investigate this like it should have been. Those children could have been sent to Italy or told that their other family members died in the fire so they didn't bother looking for them.

The Sodder children did not burn up in the fire. They had to have been kidnapped. Their bones were not found in the ashes from the fire. If you read through this thread you will find out lots of other information.

Are you addressing anyone in particular? From the last few posts no one seems to be in favor of the idea the kids died in the fire.

Personally, I think they were killed at some point. If I grew up thinking my parents were dead once I was an adult I am sure I would look into my family, try to know things about them, see if I had grandparents or cousins still out there. If any of the Sodder children did do that they would have surely come across info saying their parents were looking for them. Also, the oldest boy was fourteen. I find it hard to believe he would be so easily convinced as to never look for his family again. Perhaps the five yr old and maybe the eight yr old girls could have kept alive and were young enough to believe the lie but I still have to maintain once they were adults they would have researched their family and/or found out their family was looking for them.

Their was a note discovered that a child that had the mothers name in is was looking for his Sodder family but the post was from Italy.

Their was a note discovered that a child that had the mothers name in is was looking for his Sodder family but the post was from Italy.

Hi! Thanks for your insight.

Was this a computer post or actually a note with Mrs. Sodder's name? Would love to know more.

It was actually a email post, someone asking for Mrs.Sodder and the family. Will try to see if I am able to get the address and post it. It also had a telephone number that was with it to this person. This was a good clue that maybe one of the kids was still alive.
this is part of the site their is also a site you have to pay to get old newspaper articles. This gives aloot of info as well.

Soddu Anna Maria Bar-tabacchi
07010 Tula (SS) - Via Arborea, 15
  • 079 718017

Are you addressing anyone in particular? From the last few posts no one seems to be in favor of the idea the kids died in the fire.

Personally, I think they were killed at some point. If I grew up thinking my parents were dead once I was an adult I am sure I would look into my family, try to know things about them, see if I had grandparents or cousins still out there. If any of the Sodder children did do that they would have surely come across info saying their parents were looking for them. Also, the oldest boy was fourteen. I find it hard to believe he would be so easily convinced as to never look for his family again. Perhaps the five yr old and maybe the eight yr old girls could have kept alive and were young enough to believe the lie but I still have to maintain once they were adults they would have researched their family and/or found out their family was looking for them.

No I wasn't addressing anyone. I was just stating what I thought. IF they were taken to Italy then I don't know if they would have been able to make contact back here in the states. I know I would have looked for my family too but maybe they figured they were all dead so why bother. This is an interesting case. I hope one day it gets solved even if they are dead and gone at this point. We might at least find out where they have been all these years.

Hi I'm a new member on this site. I only found out about this tragedy of the Sodder children while researching online about family and I've been haunted by the story ever since.
I would like to make contact with username Grandaughter and/or Silvia Sodder Paxton as I believe we may be related on my paternal grandmothers side. Could you please contact me by email to bellanto@telstra.com and I can go into further detail. I would also like some information on George Sodder and his father such as date and place of birth and any siblings. I would be happy to share photos as well.
Hi -

Sorry for the sporadic posts. I'm waiting on my big brother to finish the website so I can post the stuff we've found.

My grandparents apparently remained in contact with my grandfather's family in Tula. Mom found a death announcement for one brother and a military photo for another brother among some of my Mama's letters. The death announcement was for Sini Ignazai in Soddu, who lived from 2-2-1899 to 12-19-1963. The military photo was of Giau Gavins Soddu. Mom's not aware of any continued contact with the family in Italy after my grandfather's death in 1969.

I plan to post some photos of my grandparents on Monday. The photos in the magazines were all pretty bad, and we wanted you to be able to see the people who would have appreciated your efforts so much.

Does anyone know why we have not heard from the Sodder famly or Shadow for such a long time? Are the Sodder family still interested in looking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214