WV WV - Tonda Nelson, 27, & Ashley Baird, 26, Southside, 18 June 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is the same kind of investigation they did when they found remains from the serial killer in clarksburg, wv. I'm afraid they found a fresh grave & possibly older ones in the same area. A body dumping ground. We have so many missing here in wv and a plethora of rural places to hide the bodies.

An update says that a team from the Smithsonian is coming to help them investigate. Does that mean that they think the remains are very, very old? I thought the Smithsonian dealt with historical things? I'm still holding out hope that these people will be found alive.
http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/...ason_County_126098703.html?storySection=story

The Smithsonian has come in several times in the last year or so to help law enforcement when bodies have been found here in WV. I think they are more to help preserve evidence when a body has been there for a long time. I think the smithsonian came in when they recovered the remains of Cathy Jo Mccoy. Her mother was arrested for her murder. She had disappeared in 2003 and her body was found this spring.

Family members have confirmed two of the three people missing from Mason County have been found dead.

Gary Baird, tells WSAZ.com police told him just before 6 p.m. Tuesday his daughter, Ashley Crawford, and her cousin, Tonda Nelson, were two of the bodies found over the weekend.
http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/Human_Remains_Found_in_Mason_County_126098703.html

Please pray for their families, and especially for Tonda's children. I hope and pray that the killer is brought to justice.

This is happening more and more here in WV. Especially along the ohio river on both the WV and Ohio side. My heart breaks for the family. Rest in Peace Ashley & Tonda.

according to that news report , the search on Duncan Creek Road has ended.

Jeff Crawford is a person of interest they want to talk to. Initially they said the first body found had been there a couple of days. They have been missing for 6 weeks. According to the news, family was called in to ID the bodies. They couldn't have been there long in this heat if they could still be id'd like that.

It just kills me to think that these girls were alive while the family panicked and the cop sat there and said that he didn't have any reason to think they were in danger. I hope they weren't being held somewhere and raped and abused for weeks, but if they had been dead for over a month I think they would have been too decomposed for their family members to be able to identify them by tattoos?? I hope I'm wrong, I hate to think that they had to endure torture before they passed.

That is good to know, I don't have the stomach to research decomposition. I hope they didn't suffer.

The cases do seem similar...they haven't found Ashley's husband, which definitely makes me wonder if he had something to do with it. But he hasn't used his credit cards or accessed his bank account, somebody else had his car and four wheeler. I don't now how he could have gotten very far with no money or transportation. Something tells me that he is dead too, but why would the killer/s have disposed of his body in some other place? Maybe a car drove by or something spooked them and they felt like they didn't have time to bury him there too. The Ohio river isn't far from there, maybe they dumped him in it.

JMO I do believe Jeff is dead. But as long as they can't find his body, the police will be focused on finding him and also it does make him a suspect. The killers will get a bit of slack because of the uncertainty of Jeffs involvment.

072611065720_ASHLEY%20AND%20TONDA1.jpg

http://statejournal.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=103990

As of July 28,
Jeff Crawford is still considered a missing person.
In addition to the home, Sgt. E.B. Starcher with West Virginia State Police said they will also search Jeff and Ashley’s car. The car is being sent to a crime lab on Thursday for further investigation. Deputies with the Mason County Sheriff’s Office determined Jeff did not sell his car, despite what people told officers during investigation of leads. Paperwork showed the selling of the car had been forged.

I didn't find any fresh updates.

Another article about these remains being identified.

The remains were found Sunday on Duncan Creek Road in Mason County.
West Virginia State Police say the remains belong to 26-year-old Ashley Crawford and 27-year-old Tonda Nelson.

The women have been missing for about 6 weeks.

http://www.wtap.com/home/headlines/126115813.html

Gosh how terrible sad for the families of these two young women.

Jeff Crawford is still considered a missing person.

Checked for updates, nothing found. A double, possibly a triple homicide, you would think would have gotten a little more media attention.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smfranklin96
Back