Found Deceased WY - Gabby Petito, Grand Teton National Park #86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive my ignorance....but why not just publicize everything now?
It might be that they don't want to let it blow up in the media prior to the time it is revealed in court so that they don't end up creating any sort of excuse for it to be excluded from the trial (e.g., that it is too prejudicial). I would be interested in others' opinions about why they aren't publicizing what they have now. MOO.

I doubt any of the lawyers involved are working pro bono. It is not appropriate to financially sleuth either family, neither of which has been announced by LE as POI's, but I wonder if either side can afford a lawsuit dragging out over a year or more. After all four parents have been deposed, there may well be movement towards resolving this case. The L's will have to answer (or clain attorney-client privilege or assert fifth amendment rights) the questions asked. GP's family will need to provide their "eye opening" evidence. After that, the lawyers and their clients will need to reassess their positions.

I doubt any of the lawyers involved are working pro bono. It is not appropriate to financially sleuth either family, neither of which has been announced by LE as POI's, but I wonder if either side can afford a lawsuit dragging out over a year or more. After all four parents have been deposed, there may well be movement towards resolving this case. The L's will have to answer (or clain attorney-client privilege or assert fifth amendment rights) the questions asked. GP's family will need to provide their "eye opening" evidence. After that, the lawyers and their clients will need to reassess their positions.

There's an old saying -- in civil lawsuits, the only winners are the attorneys.

In my opinion, the Petitos will NOT settle this privately and quietly before the trial. Because they are not in this for award or money or settlement.

They are in this because the Laundries have been too quiet, too private, disturbingly so, suspiciously so, and the Petitos want to force everything into the light of day. Want the trial. Want to force the Laundries to speak up and take accountability for their actions, to address the painful circumstances around their daughter’s murder, to answer to the evidence around what they knew, and when they knew it, and why they housed a murderer for two weeks.

Settling quietly and privately out of court, hiding behind lawyers, is exactly what the Laundries would want based on their past behavior, and the Petitos are obviously forcing the opposite.

Last edited:
I've thought about the final note a lot and have come to these conclusions (my own opinion):
- it wasn't a mercy killing, mercy would have been to leave Gabby if she couldn't walk and he couldn't carry her and go get help! (Brian Entin walked the path, not far at all to run)
- He seems to have genuinely loved Gabby but in his own very possessive way
- Traveling with one person for that amount of time in an enclosed space can put huge strain on a relationship

Ohhhh I missed this:

Medical examiners slam 'farcical' newly-unearthed claim from Brian Laundrie in his journal that his murder of Gabby Petito was a mercy killing due to her hypothermia​

Ohhhh I missed this:

Medical examiners slam 'farcical' newly-unearthed claim from Brian Laundrie in his journal that his murder of Gabby Petito was a mercy killing due to her hypothermia​

The mercy killing he wrote about in that note didn't sit right with me from the start. I never believed it. MOO.

Ohhhh I missed this:

Best parts of the article for me, and... abuse isn't love:
He called the notebook passage 'an attempt to rewrite history.'

'The truth is he killed her because he was a domestic abuser,' Jensen said,. 'He strangled her, and had done so before.'

The couple was previously seen on police body camera footage from Moab, Utah after fellow travelers said Laundrie hit her.

He also reportedly got into a fight with wait staff at a restaurant in Jackson shortly before Petito's death, which Kelly says shows signs of extremely narcissistic personality disorder and sociopathic disorder.

'The only thing I give him credit for, in any way, is he decided to get eaten up by animals himself,' Kelly said.

'In the end, it rang true he wanted to disappear. He felt he was a nobody.'

Laundries said BL and GP were still engaged. (From the link provided).

Yet: "The mother of Gabby Petito said the young woman and her fiancé had called off their engagement...I think they kind of put that on hold just because they felt it was a little fast. They were excited at first, but then they were like, let's just wait, we're very young. So they were really just boyfriend and girlfriend," mother Nichole Schmidt told the Daily Mail of Petito and her beau, Brian Laundrie, in a report published Tuesday."

"Petito and Laundrie had been dating for just over two years and got engaged in July 2020, according to Petito's Instagram account, which has since been removed."

"Brian asked me to marry him and I said yes! @bizarre_design_ you make life feel unreal, and everyday is such a dream with you ," Petito wrote in the now-removed post."

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Laundries said BL and GP were still engaged. (From the link provided).

Yet: "The mother of Gabby Petito said the young woman and her fiancé had called off their engagement...I think they kind of put that on hold just because they felt it was a little fast. They were excited at first, but then they were like, let's just wait, we're very young. So they were really just boyfriend and girlfriend," mother Nichole Schmidt told the Daily Mail of Petito and her beau, Brian Laundrie, in a report published Tuesday."

"Petito and Laundrie had been dating for just over two years and got engaged in July 2020, according to Petito's Instagram account, which has since been removed."

"Brian asked me to marry him and I said yes! @bizarre_design_ you make life feel unreal, and everyday is such a dream with you ," Petito wrote in the now-removed post."

<modsnip>
The article cites the Laundries as saying they "were engaged to be married." That does sound like they were still engaged at the time, although a case could be made that it was past tense. IMO it's past tense though due to the fact that they are both deceased, or else it would've been more accurate to say they "had previously been engaged."

My own opinion is that I personally cannot fault the Laundries for Brian having been a scheming, sneaky dangerous murderer. Cassie seems like a regular person, and I don't believe in blaming parents for what adult children do.
What I DO blame the Laundries for is their cold-blooded refusal to respond to the Petitos' phone calls and pleas for information and help. That to me is inhumane. Gabby lived with them for a period of time and I would presume they'd be frantic for her well-being, too.

On those grounds I can see the Petito/Schmidt family suing for intentional infliction of emotional distress, although I have no idea if the Laundries knew in advance what Brian had done. I also understand that Gabby's family is desperate for all pertinent information, and in their shoes I would feel and do the same.

@Warwick7 it's so painful to be reminded that Gabby had written to Brian that he made her "life feel unreal." A life that he deleted from this earth.

Jmo

The article cites the Laundries as saying they "were engaged to be married." That does sound like they were still engaged at the time, although a case could be made that it was past tense. IMO it's past tense though due to the fact that they are both deceased, or else it would've been more accurate to say they "had previously been engaged."

My own opinion is that I personally cannot fault the Laundries for Brian having been a scheming, sneaky dangerous murderer. Cassie seems like a regular person, and I don't believe in blaming parents for what adult children do.
What I DO blame the Laundries for is their cold-blooded refusal to respond to the Petitos' phone calls and pleas for information and help. That to me is inhumane. Gabby lived with them for a period of time and I would presume they'd be frantic for her well-being, too.

On those grounds I can see the Petito/Schmidt family suing for intentional infliction of emotional distress, although I have no idea if the Laundries knew in advance what Brian had done. I also understand that Gabby's family is desperate for all pertinent information, and in their shoes I would feel and do the same.

@Warwick7 it's so painful to be reminded that Gabby had written to Brian that he made her "life feel unreal." A life that he deleted from this earth.

Jmo
Esp after Brian left...there was no more saving him at that point, why not come clean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly