Found Deceased WY - Gabby Petito, Grand Teton National Park #87

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh? Doesn't that seem like layers of conflicted interest? On the part of SB.

Isn't he part of the dispute/suit????
There is no conflict. Defendants, even if lawyers, have the right to defend themselves.

In this case, Bertolino's lawyer will likely do all of the questioning.

In civil lawsuits, the plaintiffs are frequently the first people to be deposed.

There is no conflict. Defendants, even if lawyers, have the right to defend themselves.

In this case, Bertolino's lawyer will likely do all of the questioning.

In civil lawsuits, the plaintiffs are frequently the first people to be deposed.
Thank you for the clarification. I wasn't picturing Bertolini's attorneys deposingi NP but Bertolino himself! Acting as both defendant and lawyer.... but I guess he very well could represent himself, in which case he would depose her directly, without scandal or conflict.

I have come full circle and neverminded my own self.

Jmo

What do you guys make of the BURN AFTER READING letter? That was an ODD letter for a mother to write to her son.
Obviously there was an unhealthy dynamic between Brian and his mom. Therapy would have helped. I wonder if she felt "jealous" of Gabby in a toxic mother in law, "How dare you take my baby from me!" sort of way.

Obviously there was an unhealthy dynamic between Brian and his mom. Therapy would have helped. I wonder if she felt "jealous" of Gabby in a toxic mother in law, "How dare you take my baby from me!" sort of way.
I wondered this as well, especially when seeing how she twisted the scripture passage reference. Rather than quoting/referencing it properly to say "nothing can separate us from from the love of God", she omits God completely and changes the context to be about their mother/son love. She also added to the passage as well, but wrote as if it's a scripture reference.
The way she "quoted" scripture in that letter reveals a lot, IMO.
Even with the scripture parts aside, the letter itself isn't what most "normal" mothers would write to their sons. JMVHO.

I agree, I pick up she was indeed jealous of Gabby, and their relationship between Mother and Son was enmeshed.

Dear Websleuths Members and Guests,
My apologies for interrupting your discussion.
Because of the downturn in advertising, we are short on the server payment.
We need to raise $1,700 this upcoming week or the server will be shut off.
Please know I hate asking but I am left with no choice.
Below are the ways you can donate
PayPal Pay Websleuths.com, LLC using PayPal.Me
Venmo name Tricia-Griffith-14
OR
Cash App $tgrif14
THANK YOU
Zelle use triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
Be sure and put "server" in the memo.
The ad revenue is growing but it is growing slowly. I am hoping I don't need to ask you again.
Please, only donate if you can afford to do so. DO NOT DONATE ONE PENNY UNLESS YOU ARE SURE YOU CAN.
Thank you, everyone. I appreciate your help.
If you have questions please do not post them on this thread. CLICK HERE and that will take you to the thread where you can ask questions.
Take Care,
Tricia Griffith

Owner/Websleuths.com

#NEW: Cassie Laundrie is scheduled to be questioned in the #GabbyPetito civil trial. Cassie, #BrianLaundrie's sister, remains the only member of the Laundrie family to speak publicly since Gabby Petito's murder. Depositions begin this week.
Story: https://bit.ly/3OUpmPo @WFLA

Updated: Aug 14, 2023 / 01:56 PM EDT

VENICE, Fla. (WFLA) — Depositions begin this week in the lawsuit filed by the family of Gabby Petito against the parents of Brian Laundrie and their longtime family attorney.

Petito’s parents, Joe Petito and Nichole Schmidt, will be questioned by the legal teams for Chris and Roberta Laundrie and their attorney Steven Bertolino on Tuesday and Wednesday. It is unclear if the Laundries and Bertolino will be present for the depositions.

If the Laundries choose to appear, it will mark the first time the parents of Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie are face-to-face since Petito’s murder and Laundrie’s suicide in 2021. [...]

[...] The trial is scheduled for May 13, 2024 in Sarasota County court.

#GabbyPetito Trial Update: As both sides get closer to trial next year, depositions are now being scheduled for the coming months. First up: defendant Steven Bertolino is scheduled to take the deposition of Nichole Schmidt, Gabby's mom, on August 15 at 9:00am.

Next: Bertolino is scheduled to take the deposition of Joe Petito, #GabbyPetito's father, on Wednesday August 16 at 9:00am.

Interesting…

“Also on the schedule for the upcoming depositions are two social workers — Trina Laughlin and Georgia Koutouzis — although their exact connection to the case is unclear at this time.”

I’d ask her: Isn’t true that Gabby texted, emailed, and called you from the road? She sent your children letters about her adventures. You even followed her on Instagram didn’t you? So, when Brian showed up at the campsite you had to ask about Gabby? You knew all communication had stopped. She never texted you again. She never posted on Instagram again. Why would your brother drive all the way back home in her van without her? You damn well knew something was wrong when her parents called you. Did you answer the phone when her parents called you? You knew they could not reach her but you did nothing to help them. You knew your parents would not answer the phone or the door when her parents called and texted and knocked on their door. The fact is you knew why he was home without Gabby. You and your parents did nothing to look for her, nothing help her, nothing to give her parents answers. The only reason why your here is you were compelled too.

Interesting…

“Also on the schedule for the upcoming depositions are two social workers — Trina Laughlin and Georgia Koutouzis — although their exact connection to the case is unclear at this time.”

I couldn't tell you what their exact connection is, but here is their experience.

Trina M. Laughlin, LCSW​

Clinical Social Work/Therapist, LCSW​

Verified by Psychology Today

My telemedicine practice serves Vero Beach and the state of Florida; and specializes in treating adults who have been impacted by childhood and/or adult trauma and grief. My work has spanned 25 years, and focused on trauma and grief in its many forms.

Source

From her website:

Trina Laughlin is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker who has focused her twenty plus year career on trauma. She is the former Family Violence Program Director at The Society for the Protection and Care of Children. As an adjunct faculty member at SUNY Buffalo Graduate School of Social Work she offered trainings and courses in the Trauma Certificate Program. She has spoken locally and nationally about the negative impact of trauma, and pathways to recovery.

Trina believes that degrees of horror are not to be compared, and that people are negatively impacted by trauma in mind, body and spirit. She also firmly believes that there is healing and hope after someone has been exposed to these life changing events.

Georgia Koutouzis, LCSW (Gemmie's note: She's from Long Island, NY, not FL)

From her LinkedIn:
Therapist

Crime Victims Center-Parents of Meagan’s Law​

Sep 2021 - Present2 years
Long Island, New York
Provide counseling and crisis intervention to victims of violent crime, rape, sexual abuse, sex trafficking, hate crime, and domestic violence.

From her work source:

Specialties:
  • Anxiety
  • Complex trauma (sexual abuse/rape, grief associated with homicide)
  • Crisis intervention
  • Depression
  • Domestic violence
  • Family conflict
  • High risk clients/suicidal behavior
Experience:

I have experience working in various settings including substance abuse residences and the court system. I have worked with a multitude of populations as well, such as adolescents, at risk clients, victims of sexual violence, rape and incest. I have done group work and crisis intervention. I have worked with individuals with severe mental illnesses and those with co-occurring disorders. I also have worked with the LGBTQ+ population and clients from all backgrounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717