Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Laudries-LIE?! NEVER.
Their own attorney just outted them on a HUGE lie.
I thought there had been a whole thing, where they said they knew he left to go to the preserve and he was very distraught and they tried to convince him not to go alone…?
And the mustang was left there, at the preserve, wasn’t it?

Moo..are there other cases where this civil type case happens? What is this actually about? What's the point? Is there money involved?

I thought there had been a whole thing, where they said they knew he left to go to the preserve and he was very distraught and they tried to convince him not to go alone…?
And the mustang was left there, at the preserve, wasn’t it?
Yes.

North Port police confirmed to 8 On Your Side on Wednesday that an abandoned vehicle notice was placed on the Laundries’ Mustang on Tuesday, Sept. 14. A heavily-redacted incident report shows the notice was placed on the car at 2:42 p.m. that day.

The location listed on the incident report is 6968 Reistertown Road in North Port – the listed address for the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park.

Could you post the text or the part where it mentions he didn’t return? I can’t read many news sources over here in Spain and I’d love to know what’s going on in the media. TIA.
"Petito’s disappearance sparked a massive search effort that culminated in the discovery of her body on Sept. 19 at a campground near Grand Teton National Park in northwestern Wyoming."

Upon returning home, Laundrie reunited with his parents, Christopher and Roberta Laundrie, and then almost immediately left with them for a camping trip on the beach at Fort De Soto Park, south of St. Petersburg. But Laundrie never returned from the trip."

"After months of speculation regarding his whereabouts, Laundrie was found dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound at the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park on Oct. 20, 2021."

"Petito’s disappearance sparked a massive search effort that culminated in the discovery of her body on Sept. 19 at a campground near Grand Teton National Park in northwestern Wyoming."

Upon returning home, Laundrie reunited with his parents, Christopher and Roberta Laundrie, and then almost immediately left with them for a camping trip on the beach at Fort De Soto Park, south of St. Petersburg. But Laundrie never returned from the trip."

"After months of speculation regarding his whereabouts, Laundrie was found dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound at the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park on Oct. 20, 2021."

I could have sworn BL disappeared from home and that it was a big deal at the time that he managed to leave without being seen leaving in the vehicle. Does anyone else remember it that way? I don’t have time to look for a link, but this is the first I’ve heard that he did not return from the camping trip.
JMO

ETA: Found it…

The Laundrie family’s attorney Steven Bertolino announced on Friday that Brian Laundrie, Gabby Petito’s fiance left his family house on Sept. 14 without his wallet or cell phone.

According to NewsNation’s Brian Entin, Bertolino says Laundrie’s parents are concerned Brian might hurt himself.

Laundrie’s parents met with Bertolino in Orlando on Thursday.

Law may protect Brian Laundrie’s parents from accessory charges but not from other allegations
Laundrie was reported missing by his family last Friday, Sept. 17, sparking a massive search that is still ongoing as of Friday, Sept. 24. According to North Port police, family members said they last saw Laundrie on Sept. 14 when he drove his Ford Mustang to the Carlton Reserve in Sarasota County more than a week ago.

BBM

Last edited:

I think this is probably just a case of inaccurate/sensationalist reporting, especially considering the article also says it was "months of speculation regarding his whereabouts," when the search was actually Sep 17-Oct 21, which is barely one month.

According to NewsNation’s Brian Entin, Bertolino says Laundrie’s parents are concerned Brian might hurt himself.
RSBM

IMHO Brian would still be alive if his parents had called police to enforce the Baker Act. If you are afraid someone is going to hurt themselves, call for help.

Yes, even if the person is an adult, show you care by getting them help. You might not be able to physically prevent an adult from leaving your home, but 911 is a phone call away.

RSBM

IMHO Brian would still be alive if his parents had called police to enforce the Baker Act. If you are afraid someone is going to hurt themselves, call for help.

Yes, even if the person is an adult, show you care by getting them help. You might not be able to physically prevent an adult from leaving your home, but 911 is a phone call away.
After a 72 hour hold, BL would have been released and he’d have had to face the music. He knew it, and I believe his parents knew it. He didn’t want to go to prison for murder, and his parents weren’t going to turn him in and help bring Justice for Gabby.

They enabled him, even to the point of helping him walk away to take his own life.

jmo

After a 72 hour hold, BL would have been released and he’d have had to face the music. He knew it, and I believe his parents knew it. He didn’t want to go to prison for murder, and his parents weren’t going to turn him in and help bring Justice for Gabby.

They enabled him, even to the point of helping him walk away to take his own life.

jmo

Although, it's possible he could have been remanded for a couple of weeks, if his parents were savvy, given the circumstances.

I too believe he didn't want to go to prison for murder, but I think it was deeper than that. In his mind, he really loved Gabby and his parents didn't hate her. They knew he didn't want to kill Gabby or plan to kill Gabby but instead had tremendously poor impulse control and an inability to allow others to have any room to breathe. They just didn't want that revealed to the world, IMO. They enabled him because they truly believed they were "helping him." This is the curse of people who care for others - unless there are agreed upon boundaries (or each person has common sense), then...the tendency is to keep overlooking and keep trying with whatever paltry methods are available.

A lot of us don't know when to blow the whistle. I didn't, when I was much younger and probably could err even now. I will say that I've developed more will to turn people in for things. OTOH, we had gunshots down the block for two nights last week and we did nothing. It was at least 6-8 houses down. I felt the closer neighbors should do something plus I was trying to sleep because I am ill but still need to work.

The Laundries thought they had launched Brian (finally). It's interesting that such parents easily turn on the kid's love interest -I've seen it so many times. They are hoping that Baby Brian will be treated by the Love of His Life as they treated him - but no firm limits were established for his behavior.

And by "firm limit" I mean that the parents needed to come clean about Brian when first he brought Gabby to live in their house. But they thought her presence was a sign that he was "doing better" and "finally growing up."

The parents hoped that Gabby would protect him and keep him from wrong, as they had done. That's what 'love" means to them.

Instead, it went very wrong - as it seem to, so often. It's strange to me that the parents seem to have preferred he have freedom to kill himself - surely they knew? How hard that must have been - but, how many hard times had they gone through, with him? Makes me shudder to think.

IMO.

RSBM

The story doesn't give a source for that claim, so it could be misreporting.

Thank you so much!
As others have pointed out I disagree with what was said in the article but because of what was reported way back and when he was reported missing and all those phone calls we saw and looked into the week he went “missing”. Thanks for posting!

I'm not sure what to believe as we now have conflicting MSM reports:

"The Laundrie parents says they camped with Brian September 6-7. Petito's family reported Gabby missing September 11. On September 17, the Laundrie family said they hadn't seen Brian for three days. . . "

I'm sure Brian's parents went through hell. I believe parents know, especially if your adult child (and his significant other) is living with you, when your offspring is experiencing emotional/mental health/coping problems. I bet this family has had concerns for many, many years.

But, families love one another - try to support and heal the weaknesses in their beloved members. It's gut wrenching to have to take the hard road and face the fact that your help and support is not always enough. And Brian's parents weren't strong enough to admit to and face the reality of their situation.

I would have more sympathy for them if they hadn't tried to circumnavigate legal requests and emotional pleadings from Gabby's parents. They chose, instead, to "protect" their son by totally shielding him from LE's attempt to interview him - disregarding the unnecessary pain and suffering it was causing Gabby's family as well.

Their safe harbor they offered their son did not work out well for anyone! I often think about the sleepless nights they must be having, the 'what if's' and the horrors of their hindsight. But then I see their ongoing conduct and attitudes and wonder if they've learned any life lessons from this merciless tragedy.

God help us all. MOO

BL's parents could have had their child even today. They could have allowed the justice system to run it's course and he would be ALIVE! They chose to shield him and then allowed him to run away and take the cowards way out. If they had used their good ole attorney buddy (who also is a coward for not having Brian face the music) represent Brian against any charges he may have faced, he may have escaped with even a small amount of jail time. But, he would have been ALIVE.

Gabby's parents were not given that choice. I understand loving your child, but helping them realize the consequence of their behavior and actions is necessary to allow them to be members of society. BL's parents not only shielded him, they shielded themselves from answering any hard questions. They hid from the very public terror and then grief that Gabby's parents experienced. They were not only not brave, they too were cowards. This is of course MOO

BL's parents could have had their child even today. They could have allowed the justice system to run it's course and he would be ALIVE! They chose to shield him and then allowed him to run away and take the cowards way out. If they had used their good ole attorney buddy (who also is a coward for not having Brian face the music) represent Brian against any charges he may have faced, he may have escaped with even a small amount of jail time. But, he would have been ALIVE.

Gabby's parents were not given that choice. I understand loving your child, but helping them realize the consequence of their behavior and actions is necessary to allow them to be members of society. BL's parents not only shielded him, they shielded themselves from answering any hard questions. They hid from the very public terror and then grief that Gabby's parents experienced. They were not only not brave, they too were cowards. This is of course MOO
We don't know what BL's parents knew. I believe they handled it as best they could, given what they knew and the circumstances. The two sets of parents (three sets of parents actually) are victims of BL's actions and I feel for all of them as they each deal with this tragedy in their own way.

I am no fan of the Laundries, but they are not responsible for the fact that Brian was able to unalive himself prior to being arrested. I don't believe this new timeline that is based on something printed in an article with obvious other mistakes. (Edited for clarity)

Last edited:
We don’t know for certain what BL’s parents knew.
And that is the whole point.

Their son’s fiancée, who also lived in their household, did not return from a trip and they refused to talk to her parents or law enforcement. Why? According to the Laundries, because they had a right not to speak.

Unless someone is hiding information, Who does that?

"The underlying event or crime itself, committed by another, may be outrageous but declining to speak or communicate about it is not. Gabby Petito's death is undoubtedly tragic and her parents deserve sympathy," Luka wrote. "However, a parents' grief caused by the disappearance and ultimate loss of a child does not create a cause of action against everyone who may or may not have had information about that child's disappearance or death."

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member