Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been speculating about possible mental health issues but his parents may have confirmation of the same and provided information to LE. If you add up all the pieces I think LE would consider him endangered.

I agree. I think he is being considered endangered based on what the parents told LE. However, with the FBI assisting with his search, one wonders whether there is more going on, as others have pointed out. He is also the potential last person to have seen Gabby, as well as I suspect soon going to be an official suspect.

I think BL's parents reported him missing was the best thing that could have happened because that gave LE an "opportunity" to get access to his phone by whatever means they used, which is crucial for potentially finding Gabby.

Thank you for posting the live feed. Here’s a still that names the specific area:
View attachment 313103

The reporter said police told her if they were to find BL, that they’d return him home to his parents.

IMO, I don’t think that will be the case if he’s found alive. I believe he’d be involuntarily sent for a medical/psychiatric evaluation. It’s my guess that he’s having a mental health crisis.
JMO…he’s not having a mental health crisis. He’s having a “I’m going to be charged with murder” crisis.

IMO is clear that something terrible happened during the trip, and who knows whether BL's parents even know the full extent/what exactly occurred. Initially BL tried to evade any sort of accountability, but my gut tells me he's changed his mind and went to take his own life. It could take weeks/months to find either of them IMO based on some of the missing hikers from this summer/in the past.

New member here doing my first post, although I've peeked into this site's postings for many years... Pardon me if someone asked this before, but every time that I blink, another 8-10 pages of posts fly by...

The latest North Port PD spokesman update (Josh Taylor, guy with the beard) said that they had 50+ LE out in the 25,000+ acres of the Carlton Reserve wilderness. Someone asked why they thought BL was there and Josh said BL family told them the CR was one place that BL often visited and they believed he may be hiding there ("hiding", not "missing" there). BL's family had asked LE to come to them yesterday because they had some things to discuss. Yesterday's LE visit with BL's family was not a search warrant, but a request by the family to speak to LE. So...

What if BL's parents PURPOSELY told LE yesterday to look in CR as a diversionary tactic to divert resources away from other places that BL may be traveling? Yes, the parents could be telling the truth and really wanting to help LE. But like Qinxuan Pan's parents giving him $19,000 cash and his father's passport, many parents will still help their children even if they knowingly are assisting a suspect in a crime. And you cannot prove that the parents purposely diverted LE to CR because the parents could just say that they were just guessing but trying to help with a tip. Diversionary/distracting tactics happen everyday both in real life and in movies (the "Die Hard with a Vengeance" movie involving a fake threat of a bomb placed somewhere in the city's schools comes to mind).

Local news interview at Carlton Reserve, searchers with dogs, 4 wheelers and drones searching for Brian. That is a massive size, wet, some swampy, sawgrass, old oak trees, mosquitoes. He indicated Brian drove his car to the park entrance Tue and it made its way back to his home. Items taken in evidence bags were for k9 scents.

SEP 18, 2021
Gabby Petito: Police searching for her fiancé, family says he's been missing for days: LIVE UPDATES (foxnews.com)
Police prepared for 'agitated' encounter with Laundrie

North Port police are prepared for “the worst,” including a possibly agitated encounter with Brian Laundrie.

A combined task force of the North Port Police Department, FBI and related agencies entered the Carlton Reserve Saturday morning. Officers and agents entered the heavily wooded area wearing body armor after Laundrie’s parents reported him missing since Tuesday and named the reserve as his possible last known location.

“I think you always prepare for the worst and hope for the best,” North Port spokesperson Josh Taylor told Fox News. “You have to have your guard up, you have that potential.

”When asked if officers expect Laundrie to be agitated, Taylor said, “Have you been following the news? Yea.”
Thank you for confirming they were in body armor as I had asked this previously in last thread. So they think he may have a firearm possibly? Im sure that info came from parents

Could someone explain to me why LE didn't question BL immediately after GP's mother reported her daughter as missing? I understand that LE wouldn't treat BL as a suspect, but wouldn't it make sense to question the one who was the last to have been with / seen the missing person?

…and when that person would refuse to even sit down for an interview, shouldn't that person automatically be considered a POI?

I'm woefully ignorant of US laws and I know they can vary wildly per state, but I am just wondering why this wouldn't be standard practice. Hope someone can explain :-)

Can someone source the info about the parents believing that may be where BL is and telling LE that?
North Port Police
The North Port Police Department, FBI, and agency partners are currently conducting a search of the vast Carlton Reserve for Brian Laundrie. His family says they believe he entered the area earlier this week. More details when available.

10:36 AM · Sep 18, 2021

What's your/your son's gut feel on this?
he said if he had to speculate he would say that Brian has become a suspect at this point in time, or that the parents actually told officers that he told them he was never coming back as if he was gonna commit suicide but this search is certainly not for just a missing 23 year old thats on a hike!

I’m sorry- this just isn’t true. We don’t know for certain WHERE he is. Just where his parents thought he is.

The one exception might be if his parents have both of their phones on their plan and consented for the company to share location data with police.

Otherwise I have trouble believing any cell phone company would release location data without a court order OR a credible threat of harm.

You don't need the cell phone company. Google does this regularly. And Google's official policy is they cooperate with missing persons cases. Google tracks and stores GPS data for all of its products (Gmail, search, YouTube, Google Maps).

Privacy advocates hate Google for this. Last year we stopped using Google products at my law firm because a security expert advised that it wasn't best practice for sensitive client information since Google rolls over so frequently. So I am not sure why you think they need AT&T or something when Google and Facebook both provide this information to LE.

Is there a site with live updates like there was yesterday with the ongoing commentary?
I'm so invested in this awful case, and want to keep up. But I'm a week behind in my work, and simply can't follow on the fast moving threads. Totally missed the entire #9 thread last night. I know the guy took off and is possibly in some wildlife reserve, and that poor Gabby has not been located, but that's about all. TIA.

Local news interview at Carlton Reserve, searchers with dogs, 4 wheelers and drones searching for Brian. That is a massive size, wet, some swampy, sawgrass, old oak trees, mosquitoes. He indicated Brian drove his car to the park entrance Tue and it made its way back to his home. Items taken in evidence bags were for k9 scents.

What does "it made its way back to his home mean"? Did someone else drive his car back? That would indicate to me someone is helping him/he got home somehow.

I'm kinda surprised that GP's parents in particular didn't have the Life360 app on their phones so they could track her/her phone location (or maybe they did have it, but it was turned off). My DD is 20 and not only do I have it, but all of my friends have it for their young adult children. There is no way my daughter would be going on some road trip across country without me being able to see where she was, if necessary. We've used it several times when she got lost driving and just last week she took a road trip to Atlanta with a friend and both myself and her friend's mom could see where they were. Maybe I'm a helicopter parent (I'll wear that badge proudly) but then so are all of my friends. LOL! I respect my daughter's privacy and don't snoop, but it's a great resource when needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleepingpillsstore