Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also wonder where they got the money to just travel in a van for 2 months without jobs having previously worked in a grocery store. I know it's really popular now but the people I know who fall into the full-time traveling (either RV, Van, hotels) are either retired people who sold their house to buy a super fancy RV for retirement or younger people with internet-based jobs like marketing or sales who can work on the road from their computers. So I was surprised to hear they just quit their jobs with no way to sustain themselves on the road. That itself can lead to a lot of conflict because you don't know how you're going to pay for gas every other day.

There are tons of young people who do this that pick up odd jobs here and there for awhile in towns before moving on to the next. I know many that aren’t doing “internet” jobs or even any job with any regularity. There’s a lot of community in these circles and people share what they have or can (both in skills and resources) You don’t need much money to live like this past any initial investments.

Yes! This! There are so many ways to “technically change” your life story through SM. In fact, there are apps where you are able to schedule a time to send a text message. I have frequently considered this an option for the last text sent 8/30 to mom. Schedule text, leave phone somewhere random so no pings are able to be collected from BL’s trip back east.
I 100% believe this is something BL could have done. As someone who has had to use an app like this for work, he could have had this planned DAYS to WEEKS in advance. He could have also done this for the Instagram post, because a lot of these apps are multi platform but the app could’ve malfunctioned/he intentionally posted the Happy Halloween post early.

In that same Tetons area two men have recently gone missing and aren't getting the attention that Gabbie is. It's just the way if things
Partly it's the reaction of the missing persons' families. Look at the effort Gabby's relatives have put in to find their 22 year old daughter. Then look at couples who have their 5 year old "snatched" from their own yard while many people are present. They could have had all the publicity they wanted, focused on finding that little girl.

There are many apps that you can do this with: schedule a post for the future across multiple platforms (FB, Twitter, Pinterest, etc). While I do this for business and can schedule posts up to 3 months in advance, I don't think it is limited to commercial use
Yeah. It's surely possible but I just don't get the sense that either Petito or Laundrie had that capability. But, who knows... could be. Go Bucs! O-H!

I thought that was his silver sports car in his parents driveway last night???
Maybe? I thought I read he didn't have one, but maybe.
Does anyone know for sure. It may not matter soon but just trying to find out for sure.

Unsettling activity I just had the opportunity to observe around the parent’s home (BL). Am I the only one here who peruses Snapchat’s map feature to see real-time or real recent activity posted by users? I thinks it’s a great feature.

I am watching the live feed of the search for BL.

They keep emphasizing that if and when LE finds BL, all that will happen is they will return him to his parent's home.

Reading between the lines, if he still is not being charged with anything and is only a POI, I have to surmise that LE must have reason to believe BL will harm himself, or else they wouldn't necessarily be searching for him. He is an adult and is allowed to go off, so his parents must have said something or LE found something to believe he might be a danger to himself, warranting the search.

MOO...

IIRC I think her dad's name was on the van? When I heard that I thought maybe he was being nice in the hopes that BL would give them information.
Hasn't it been stated BL did not have a car?
maybe someone has a link

The point about her Dad's name being on the van is speculation.
Someone claimed the mustang was BL's but I haven't seen any proof of that. I believe
it was just pictured in his SM. MOO

My husband is a Florida cop I called him on duty last night and was like omg really?? But what he said is true he wasn’t a suspect but now it might be different! He actually thinks he could possibly harm himself…I hope not I wish he would go get gabby and bring her home!!!!!

Yeah. It's surely possible but I just don't get the sense that either Petito or Laundrie had that capability. But, who knows... could be. Go Bucs! O-H!
It’s pretty easy to use. I used to work in politics and trained my 16-17 year old high school interns on how to use TweetDeck, Buffer and similar products. Most of them figured out their way around them within a day or two. If BL had tech integration in his high school in any way, he would definitely be able to pick this stuff up. I-O!

bbm
First bolded : There was a lot of discussion about ownership and I'm thinking if it was a case of theft that he could've been arrested and held as soon as LE knew he was at his parent's house.
But it sounds a bit murky.
Was it the van in her name only ?

Second bolded : Probably not an arresting-type of offence unless one factors theft, again.
But it would help with the timeline and where the family can start searching.
Also wondering about other purchases on her/his cards.
Food and/or lodging or one person only ?
Maybe not lodging as he'd sleep in the van ?

Trying to catch up and will go back and read the pages I've missed.

Imo.
Gabby would never drive the van distances....she said it herself....maybe they separated and he had to drive back the whole way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elenabarlow