Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It can take a long time to build up a big enough social media presence to monetize it. Even on YouTube, you get paid like 3 cents everytime someone views an ad that plays on your video. And you can't "monetize" the videos until you have a certain number of followers and views anyway. So it takes a long time to get to a point where you can support yourself like this. And on Instagram, most influencers start out by getting free products in exchange for making posts about the products. You have to really be "celebrity" status to get actively paid to sponsor products.

At this point with so many people trying to make it big like this it is almost like people moving to Hollywood to try to become a moviestar. There's no barrier to entry because anyone can make a YouTube or Instagram page but it's still a long road to actually getting paid.

Also, I’m just going to say it.
A lot of these people have “other” adult sites they’re posting on that are monetized pretty quickly. I’m not saying BL and GP do / did but it certainly wouldn’t surprise me.

Gabby would never drive the van distances....she said it herself....maybe they separated and he had to drive back the whole way
And BL didn't own a cell phone ...he said it in the Moab body cam video...only she had a cell phone...he wouldn't even accept water bc it came in a plastic water bottle...she did btw

There are tons of young people who do this that pick up odd jobs here and there for awhile in towns before moving on to the next. I know many that aren’t doing “internet” jobs or even any job with any regularity. There’s a lot of community in these circles and people share what they have or can (both in skills and resources) You don’t need much money to live like this past any initial investments.

but didn’t a couple say he offered them 200 for a ride?? Maybe they saved up! Was this really gabbys thing or just something she did for him

No kidding. The police ignore BL's excessive speeding, evading the cops, reckless driving. All he has to do is say I'm sorry, she's crazy. 24 year old males evading the police at high speed are treated far differently, we know where. Could lose their lives.

I watched the entire video-over an hour. I was actually really impressed with how both Moab LE & feds handled the entire incident. The two told the same story, even when they were separated, with only one, albeit major discrepancy- whether or not she the swerve happened because she grabbed the wheel. The LEO's take that he might have said she did rather than say it was because she was pounding on his arm wasn't unreasonable, in context, given everything they were being told.

What was actually happening & who caused what & why is an entirely different matter. (IMO it sounds like he may have deliberately manipulated & provoked her into feeling helpless & unbalanced & angry enough that she literally struck back. Which just gave him more control & satisfaction).

SEP 18, 2021
FBI now searching for Brian Laundrie and Gabby Petito (abcactionnews.com)
On Saturday, officials began searching the Carlton Reserve for Brian Laundrie after a tip from the family indicated he might be in the area.

T.Mabry Carlton Jr. Memorial Reserve - Google Maps

Gabby Petito: search continues for missing Brian Laundrie (heraldtribune.com)
North Port Police spokesman Josh Taylor told the Herald-Tribune on Friday night the agency was not actively “tailing” Laundrie.
This would indicate he did in fact go back to Florida.

LE also said they knew exactly where he was yesterday. I don't know if the FBI is really going to allow NPPD to call the shots going forward.
Well, I'm hoping there is some way they can at least detain him, or find a way to charge him with something.

Can the FBI still make an arrest if there is no evidence that person has committed a crime? LE keeps stressing that BL has a right to remain silent, and that so far it is still a missing persons investigation, rather than a criminal investigation.

I think it also depends on what condition he is in when and if he's found. If they believe he is experiencing a mental health crisis, they may be able to hold him.

Either way, I think there is a much better chance of questioning him if they find him in the middle of the woods rather than his hiding in the protection of his home.

IMO

The point about her Dad's name being on the van is speculation.
Someone claimed the mustang was BL's but I haven't seen any proof of that. I believe
it was just pictured in his SM. MOO
I think the redacted police incident on Sep 10th involving GP’s father was him calling in a stolen vehicle when he couldn’t find Gabby and knew it was registered in her name. First step because GP’s mom said police blew her off that night on a missing persons report. The next day, they find and recover the van from his home. MOO

Last edited:
The police can mislead in their public statements and do it when necessary. If they keep repeating that they will just take BL home, it isn’t because they are trying to convince you of that. It’s probably because they want BL to be convinced of it. That could be why they kept saying that they had no crime for a criminal investigation m. It’s very likely they do but don’t want BL doing anything drastic until they are ready to pursue the criminal angle.JMO

~To the person who asked why Brian was even hitchhiking at all and the validity of Miranda Baker's story, apologies I got cut off in the last thread before I finished my response:

If it's indeed true, my thoughts are Brian was going to try to hitchhike out of Wyoming to add to whatever narrative he was concocting but I think he quickly realized hitchhiking was going to be very difficult and not to mention a terrible idea so he reconsidered and went back for the van. I'm also now speculating since I heard this interview from Gabby's friend Rose that Brian had another one of these "schizophrenic episodes" and these "voices" told him to get out of the vehicle. Almost like when Miranda Baker said "Jackson Hole" it was a kind of trigger word for Brian.. I don't know. There is so much crazy in this story at this point I guess everything is on the table.

I think her offered this women $200 because he thought it was a much longer ride. He may have meant Jackson Id and not Jackson Hole Wy...

Its along the Snake river as well.

That is a 200+ mile hike, assuming he walked it all but of course it could have been walk-hitchhike-walk...

Its at least 10 days of heavy hiking to get 200 miles away
This offer of $200 really throws me off. Where did this unemployed kid driving his girlfriends van and using her credit card for gas as previously stated get $200.

Also, I’m just going to say it.
A lot of these people have “other” adult sites they’re posting on that are monetized pretty quickly. I’m not saying BL and GP do / did but it certainly wouldn’t surprise me.

This is a good point and your last post too. I think I was thinking more of people who did this with long-term planning in mind. You're right that many people do take short-term trips picking up jobs where they travel. I watched a whole documentary on people doing this in the Emerald Triangle in Northern California.

I could never do it. I plan out my breakfasts for the week. The idea of doing something spontaneous is terrifying lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elenabarlow