Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m confused. His parents, allegedly worried that he’s “missing,” drove there, spotted his car, and then drove both cars back home? Why didn’t they split up and drive their car and his car and do their own search for him? If they are allegedly worried about him?
And if he is ok, went for his walk and to get away, then decides to come back, he now has no car to get home?
I must be missing something.
Secondary pick up spot - he may be long gone now …..
JMO

Wait. His parents saw his car parked away from home out in that mosquito-alligator land and .....drove it home? One parent drove Brian's car, the other in the car they drove there? Why would they do that? How would they know Brian wasn't somewhere near by & needed the car? Did they go there with an extra set of keys? Why would they do that?

This doesn't make sense...especially for a family that completely ruin the reputation in order to hide him... "oh here's his car let's hide it in case he needs to get away quick." Yeah right... but I am glad they pulled this stunt because it gave our officers are reason to track this freak down... this will be his ultimate demise

The parents just happened to see BL's Mustang at the Reserve and so decided to just drive it back to the house? Were the keys magically left in the ignition and the car unlocked? Was there a note with instructions?

What game are these people playing?

MOO.

It's absurd, IMO. It is one thing to invoke your rights and refuse to participate in a prosecution against yourself or your son. It's another thing to actively participate in a scheme. Legally they are different too.

100% I’m telling you I have a bad feeling in my stomach about this!
Me too, thus far, the actions by BL’s parents seem to demonstrate their priority and only interest in this whole sad saga is protecting their son. Not answering any communications from GP’s parents when they quit hearing from her, long before LE was involved, is beyond disturbing.
Late to the party here..after reading 4 hours of these threads.

I still haven’t seen anyone give any “real” evidence besides speculation that BL did something to GP?

For me, for now, I don’t know if I have enough information to even believe he didn’t anything but leave her somewhere. She admitted in the body cam video “she doesn’t usually drive the van.” Leaving her somewhere still (yes) not nice, but I am still a bit perplexed with all of this, and definitely feel the LEO/FBI know a lot more than saying. If they had any evidence they would have arrested him prior to him “missing” but now they have to act “coy” and state they want to find him because they are “worried.” Merely for the sake of him telling them when was the last time they saw GP.

Lots to digest..
Correct, no evidence of any crime. The behaviors by BL and his parents refusing to answer any communications from GP’s parents when communication with her ceased, discovering BL had returned to Florida without her, long before LE was involved lead me firmly down the path a crime has most likely been committed, BL is hiding something and his parents are protecting him.

Wait. His parents saw his car parked away from home out in that mosquito-alligator land and .....drove it home? One parent drove Brian's car, the other in the car they drove there? Why would they do that? How would they know Brian wasn't somewhere near by & needed the car? Did they go there with an extra set of keys? Why would they do that?

This doesn't make sense...especially for a family that completely ruin the reputation in order to hide him... "oh here's his car let's hide it in case he needs to get away quick." Yeah right... but I am glad they pulled this stunt because it gave our officers are reason to track this freak down... this will be his ultimate demise
I think they followed him there and took the car back immediately to hide evidence of where he was, so fewer passersby would see it.

Exactly... and now he quit responding to them and they are worried he killed himself so now all bets are off and they want the help that they wouldn't give...but we will give it to them and I think we should because now we have a reason to search for this asshat

New member here doing my first post, although I've peeked into this site's postings for many years... Pardon me if someone asked this before, but every time that I blink, another 8-10 pages of posts fly by...

The latest North Port PD spokesman update (Josh Taylor, guy with the beard) said that they had 50+ LE out in the 25,000+ acres of the Carlton Reserve wilderness. Someone asked why they thought BL was there and Josh said BL family told them the CR was one place that BL often visited and they believed he may be hiding there ("hiding", not "missing" there). BL's family had asked LE to come to them yesterday because they had some things to discuss. Yesterday's LE visit with BL's family was not a search warrant, but a request by the family to speak to LE. So...

What if BL's parents PURPOSELY told LE yesterday to look in CR as a diversionary tactic to divert resources away from other places that BL may be traveling? Yes, the parents could be telling the truth and really wanting to help LE. But like Qinxuan Pan's parents giving him $19,000 cash and his father's passport, many parents will still help their children even if they knowingly are assisting a suspect in a crime. And you cannot prove that the parents purposely diverted LE to CR because the parents could just say that they were just guessing but trying to help with a tip. Diversionary/distracting tactics happen everyday both in real life and in movies (the "Die Hard with a Vengeance" movie involving a fake threat of a bomb placed somewhere in the city's schools comes to mind).

I'm new here too, and this is my frame of thought. I immediately suspected it when he went "missing." I know it's just speculation, but it's all just so suspicious and strange. Parents have assisted their adult children in absconding before.

Late to the party here..after reading 4 hours of these threads.

I still haven’t seen anyone give any “real” evidence besides speculation that BL did something to GP?

For me, for now, I don’t know if I have enough information to even believe he didn’t anything but leave her somewhere. She admitted in the body cam video “she doesn’t usually drive the van.” Leaving her somewhere still (yes) not nice, but I am still a bit perplexed with all of this, and definitely feel the LEO/FBI know a lot more than saying. If they had any evidence they would have arrested him prior to him “missing” but now they have to act “coy” and state they want to find him because they are “worried.” Merely for the sake of him telling them when was the last time they saw GP.

Lots to digest..
For me, it's the behavioral stuff that makes BL off the charts suspicious. I've followed countless cases over the years, and I have never seen an innocent person behave this way.

Let's say he did leave without her, and when asked when he last saw her, gave a plausible scenario. I'd be way less suspicious.

Here's the reality though. He didn't report any sort of event to local law enforcement when he was out west. He then drives thousands of miles, doesn't respond to text messages, never reports her missing, refuses to offer an explanation, lawyers up, and shuts down.

So this is either an outlier, and he and his family are merely awful people, or it's exactly what it looks like to most observers.

"When and where did you last see her?" Is not a complicated question. A life hangs in the balance, a family is desperately begging for answers, and Brian is now missing.

That says a lot.

I haven't read through all of these threads, but on TikTok I did see a woman post about how she and her boyfriend were offered $200 by Brian on Aug 29(?) to give him a ride to Jackson(?) before he freaked out over something and dipped. She has indicated she spoke with law enforcement about the encounter. <modsnip>

Sorry if this has all been shared, but I am not going to skim through 40+ pages to find out, lol.
You can find it here in the media timeline...

WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE No discussion*

Makes no sense at all

UPDATE: I just received clarification from @NorthPortPolice.

Just to make it abundantly clear, police don’t have either Gabby’s or Brian’s phone.

They also don’t have access to real time tracking.

Police can get records, but it takes some time.

@NBC2 #GabbyPetito

https://twitter.com/gagegoulding/status/1439295301425192960?s=21
So what exactly do they have that they didn’t have yesterday? What was the point of the original tweet?

Yes I feel like they knew what was going on and where and when to pick up the car and had the keys handy to drive it home - IMO

It's difficult to reach any other conclusion. Same thing, that they wouldn't be refusing to tell LE what they know about Gabby's fate if she were still alive. Same thing, that their willingness to continue causing Gabby's family excruciating pain means they would be willing to do just about anything to protect their son, no matter the cost to anyone else. Or even to themselves.

The state of technology and the law is constantly changing! Until the recent prosecutions of the Capital Hill rioters no one really knew that Google could pinpoint your exact location just based on being logged in to YouTube or something. And that the records are saved. The complaints in those cases showed Google data tracking individual people walking room to room in the Capital building. I was even shocked and I try to stay up on this stuff for my clients.

Companies used to be way better about refusing to cooperate and opposing over-broad requests. Now they just give in. Sometimes they do not even tell you that your information has been provided until years later. So it's good in cases like this but worrisome in general for privacy advocates.
i saw in the Rittenhouse case the feds have infrared drone footage of the whole thing. Pretty wild times for tech surveillance

I just want to remind everyone that a lot of times when there is a definite POI in a case, LE will only let on what they want said POI or co-conspirators to know. It's also sometimes not expedient to the investigation to let the public or the POI know where they are at investigation wise - I have seen this in other recent MP cases where the POI is someone known to the victim(s). Watch LE's word choice. It will tell you more than the questions they are asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshy