Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for clarifying - I wish Gabbys FL dad would report it stolen and at least see what might happen- I know it’s rather late but even if BL is found they said they would return him home - I hope with a very big bill for all the resources used for his search…
Maybe the phone records will yield enough for an arrest ? Or the search out west … sigh

JMO
You can't report a car stolen when it's in police custody. And he had every business driving the van, he was the primary driver, she admitted she wasn't used to driving it or comfortable in the driver's seat (I don't remember her words exactly), but she mainly rode shotgun from what it seems. So yes, he had every right and business driving it. He had no right and no business leaving her, that's what matters.

Has this been published as fact somewhere?

It's been reported several times that when LE went to the door, parents refused them entry and said to contact the lawyer.

Are you thinking that somehow LE had a stealthy visit with BL? I've personally never heard of that. I think they'd go for a subpoena, because he has clearly stated that he doesn't want to speak (via his parents and his attorney). The attorney has said his client is not available to speak to LE.

What more would you like to hear on that topic? I really don't see any evidence that BL left the house and met up with LE - his parents have reported him missing. If LE did run into him, they'd make a report (immediately, IMO). Heck, with all the people following this case on scanners, I think twitter would be full of reports if BL "ran into" some policeman and started talking.

Here is just one of many articles with the lawyer's statement that he won't be talking to LE:

Attorney for Brian Laundrie, missing person Gabby Petito's boyfriend, addresses those 'wondering' why he won't speak to authorities

Of course, he's not really missing (according to the family), but only "hiding," so that even if LE sees him, they have no reason to approach him and I'm guessing he's not going to be very chatty.

IMO This says it all. They wanted to be influencers but were very basic, doing things, going places where every other vanlife influencer has already been. GP obviously wanted to monetize their adventures but wasn’t getting much exposure. GP seemed stressed about the social media aspects during the LE stop - I’m sure finances became an issue but I don’t know if/how that plays into GP’s disappearance

To me, just the mere term "Instagram Influencer" is a total oxymoron. I do not follow a single person on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc. who I do not know personally. But, then again, I am not a millennial lol. I have watched that 1hr17min LE bodycam several times now and I really think 1.5 months of van life have exposed their personality mismatches enough to realize they should NEVER marry. And their trip was supposed to last 4 months. In the bodycam video, GP cries that BL did not support her blogging and website effort after she quit her job at a health drink shop. That by itself is not a controlling behavior and does not make him a bad boyfriend or fiance. My wife tells me every month things that I should not be doing or clothes that I should not be buying because she thinks it is ugly, and that is not controlling. The recent interviews with GP's best friend, Rose Davis, do however show that BL was a very jealous and controlling person. But just telling your SO that your attempts to earn income solely by becoming a social media influencer is not controlling. You are not a bad partner just because you do not support and agree with everything that your partner wants to do. And after seeing GP's one Nomadic Statik video, GP had a lonnnnggg way to go in the influencer game since thousands of SM influencers are publicizing far more interesting videos, not just in US national parks but also in exotic Asia and Africa locations.

@kkuizon
Here’s the swamp buggy coming in to aid in the search
@fox13news

eC-HHHSL_pkQJ2AA

A bloodhound and swamp buggy just arrived to aid in the search of Brian Laundrie

https://twitter.com/kkuizon/status/1439303597032972290?s=20

Attachments

• 47211649-7B5C-4ED7-9214-EABDDFDAFBF5.jpeg
    47211649-7B5C-4ED7-9214-EABDDFDAFBF5.jpeg
    46.4 KB · Views: 42
  • 79F10795-950C-46DB-AD30-E0F11A203C2F.jpeg
    79F10795-950C-46DB-AD30-E0F11A203C2F.jpeg
    177.9 KB · Views: 45
Maybe he did tell his parents he was going for a day hike over there. He drove the mustang over. He had his pack when he left the house. Then when he didn't return, they went looking. They found the car and brought it home. I don't know if it was legally parked? Maybe that was a concern? But, at that point they knew he didn't plan on returning home. They were in contact with the attorney and continued along with his advice. I don't know how or when this could have happened because so many people were watching that house. No one has reported seeing BL. There are no photos of him (that we are aware of). And I can't recall anyone reporting the car moving. Then LE retrieves something or examines something in the car without gloves the same day the parents volunteer clothing for K9 search? Also, did the parents attempt any search before agreeing to sit down with LE? So many peculiar oddities with how this family operates, IMO.
I don’t believe a “day hike” for one second - it’s way too hot and humid plus the thunderstorms and lightening - a hike in this weather would be ridiculous. I think he was getting picked up or alternatively - chose that place to never come back…
JMO

The reserve must be pretty popular with tourists, so I wouldn't be surprised if he drove there and managed to get a lift somewhere, at which point he told his parents where he'd left the car. Lots of people may recognise him, but not everyone is glued to the tv, especially if they're on holiday. With a mask he's even more disguised. Also, let's be honest. No-one would think one of the most vilified people in America would be out hiking! Everyone expects him to be hiding under his bed.

I don't know what his parents know, but it may be that he has done the dirty on them too. I always felt he was immature and under parental control and it was quite possibly his parents who told him to come home.

But if he has deceived his parents, then he may be trying to protect them, or he is absolutely the devious and potentially dangerous man some people have thought he was all along.

What sickens me if that this is taking the focus off Gabby, which is disgusting. Her family must be apoplectic at this whole almost Brian being a victim narrative.

What?! That’s a great find.

I believe the Mustang was involved as the two officers went to that vehicle last evening. But I think his parents drove him there, or arranged to pick it up and possibly someone else picked him up at the park.

They didn’t ‘happen upon it’ and leave him stranded with the whole world waiting to grab him by the lapels.

I think he’s at someone’s home, based on that. Not in a park ‘taking a hike’ as the parents said.

Thank you very much for your kindness.

We’re all here working together to piece this absolute mystery and all we can do is find all that we can, I’m humbled to be on here helping. There’s some great finds, and smart sleuthing!

There’s only one way to find out if he’s in that area or not, he will either be found or he won’t and that will tell us everything.

But I think he’s far away from Florida, probably going back to cover up his tracks in GP’s disappearance. IMO

No obstruction until proof of crime

<Just back from feverish attempt to Google something that will make this case move off dead center :oops:>

What about this?

Under Florida Statute 837.055, the crime of Providing False Information to Law Enforcement is committed when a person knowingly and willfully gives false information to a law enforcement officer conducting a felony investigation or a missing person investigation with the intent to mislead the law enforcement officer or impede an investigation.

Providing False Information to Law Enforcement in Florida

I'm new here too, and this is my frame of thought. I immediately suspected it when he went "missing." I know it's just speculation, but it's all just so suspicious and strange. Parents have assisted their adult children in absconding before.

Yes, indeed they have. Sometimes to their own detriment.

Welcome to Websleuths,
Midori Azul !!

The parents just happened to see BL's Mustang at the Reserve and so decided to drive it back to the house? Were the keys magically left in the ignition and the car unlocked? It sounds like they were instructed to do this. Was there a note?

What game are these people playing? <modsnip>

MOO.
Seems more likely BL is headed elsewhere and this buys him time to get out. Waste of tax payers money in my humble opinion. Better spend the time looking for GP or other evidence. If he’s found it’s not like likely he’s gonna start talking. MOO

How easy is it to get fake IDs in Florida? Just going from movie cliches, it should be easy. Miami Vice cough cough.
It's really easy. My son had one, when he was in college. Could not tell the difference. Can even be scanned. Scary I know. (I did not know he had one till after the fact, in my defense :D). I happened to stumble across it after he left it behind, after he turned 21... He told me he ordered it from China....

This is an active and ongoing investigation, so we ask the public to maintain distance from any law enforcement personnel, equipment, vehicles, and their related activity for the safety of the public in these remote areas and to protect the integrity of our work.
https://twitter.com/FBIDenver/status/1439302448909275136

If the public has any details concerning Ms. Petito relevant to this investigation, they may be submitted online at http://tips.fbi.gov or by phone to 1-800-CALL-FBI or 303-629-7171. Photos & videos may be uploaded to http://fbi.gov/petito.
https://t.co/D1E5UMV23s?amp=1
https://twitter.com/FBIDenver/status/1439302883875463172

When we have any updates or requests for assistance from the public, we will share that information in a timely manner. We appreciate your cooperation and support as we work to bring Gabby home. #FindGabby
https://twitter.com/FBIDenver/status/1439303087647301639

UPDATE: The #FBI and our partners at the National Park Service, Teton County Sheriff's Office & Jackson Police Department are currently conducting ground surveys in areas of Grand Teton National Park that are relevant to the investigation into Gabrielle Petito's disappearance.
https://twitter.com/fbidenver/status/1439301961816367104?s=21

well, now aint this some bologna......so your son drivs your car to a reserve to go hiking, he doesnt come home so you decide to go check, you find the car right where he said he would be at the reserve hiking, so you say, well lets just take the car back home. a day or two later you call LE and say, he never came home!! well that could be because we took his way home away and brought it back here....with parents like this who needs enemies!!! this whole thing stinks to high heaven!!!
I'm smelling a coverup of a coverup of a.....well, you get my point!
MOO

I'm trying to catch up on the fast-moving threads.

These two things stand out to me:

AUGUST 13th Is this the last sighting of Gabby by the law enforcement when pulled over for speeding?
Any proof she was seen after that night by anyone or better yet a security camera?
Hotel survillence cameras?

Why did BL fly back home to Florida? Did he say they broke up temporarily?
Or had planned to fly back for another reason? Was this a planned or spur-of-the-moment trip?
If NOT planned sounds like they weren't getting along or broke up or he accidentally killed her panicked and returned home.
The date AUGUST 13th/14th stand put to me as important dates.

Did she speak to her mom on AUGUST 25th? Do we know for a FACT she spoke to her on a phone and NOT TEXTED? This is an important detail.
If So then AUGUST 25th is the LAST known phone call she made with another human being. (mom).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member