Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about more local buses than Greyhound? Could a person get away on a series of small buses? Anyway maybe the parents got him ID's, or got some money for a clandestine ride to next state over? I don't think he would have to worry about being recognized, shave the beard, whatever. He's basically "every man" features wise.
The local busses stop running at 7pm. He could get to north Sarasota County by the airport or at I-75 Exit 213 at best. He would next need a Manatee County bus but again, he wouldn’t get far. I don't know if Hillsborough County has local busses. Even if they do, I highly doubt they’d come to the county line.

I don't think he had any business driving it either. But the discussion has been about having him arrested for stealing it. From a legal perspective, that would be pretty difficult to justify.
Thank you for clarifying - I wish Gabbys FL dad would report it stolen and at least see what might happen- I know it’s rather late but even if BL is found they said they would return him home - I hope with a very big bill for all the resources used for his search…
Maybe the phone records will yield enough for an arrest ? Or the search out west … sigh

JMO

I don't understand why LE would believe anything BL's parents say at this point. Their only interest seems to be protecting Brian. He could be anywhere. Just like Gabby.
I think they are likely telling the truth because they are concerned for their son's safety. They know LE has the resources to find him.

I wish they had shown the same consideration for Gabby, however.

If he was at the house (big IF, because no one except his family has been in contact with him - so no actual proof that he was home - except for the van being there), how was he able to sneak out with all the media / neighbors with bullhorns / everybody parked on his sidewalk? wouldn't he be seen driving off?

They confirmed that RD was really Gabby's friend or that the tiktok person picked up Brian? If the latter, did they say how they were able to verify it was him?

Thread is moving so fast I can't find the link. TIA
Article updated SEP 18, 2021
Woman says she and her boyfriend picked up Laundrie hitchhiking (fox13now.com)
Police have confirmed a TikTok users claims that she picked up Brian Laundrie, the boyfriend of missing woman Gabby Petito, while he was hiking alone in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming in late August.

FOX 13 has reached out to authorities and police confirmed that they have been in contact with the TikTok user, Miranda Baker. They say her story is "possibly credible."

[...]

Although. I sorta agree with you. Hiding something is different than committing a crime. I would retain an attorney as well if the other family started to accuse me of something I may not have even done. Especially if my relationship with the other person was on again off again-volatile. I think he was wise to do that, and the police can call the attorney and ask the attorney questions and the attorney can call him to get the answer and back and forth. Even though it is a huge waste of the LEO time and unlikely to get anywhere.

There is a huge possibility this could be a publicity stunt on her part and he didn’t want to be involved and now he is involved. In the body cam footage she states “he doesn’t think I can do it” referring to the blog. She could be at Carlton Reserve with him? I dunno. Pure conjecture.

All I know…is I am not convinced he did anything to her. Once that becomes clear I will switch sides. But until then, this has taken up the majority of my brain space. I feel like we will know a bit more soon.

And Carlton Reserve-being from and living in Florida-been there a lot and the size of those alligators are the biggest I have ever seen. If any evidence was taken there by BL, those alligators would take care of it even if it was shoes or clothes they would eat it.
I would hire an attorney too, I do not see that as a sign of guilt. As already stated, it is the actions prior to LE involvement that leads me to the opinion a crime has been committed. At this point, most are just waiting on the evidence understanding both locations of their last known sightings made make that difficult. Yes, as already stated, no known crime has been committed, but actions or lack of can be telling and lead to justified suspicions which is why LE is involved.

Yes! This! There are so many ways to “technically change” your life story through SM. In fact, there are apps where you are able to schedule a time to send a text message. I have frequently considered this an option for the last text sent 8/30 to mom. Schedule text, leave phone somewhere random so no pings are able to be collected from BL’s trip back east.
My goodness, this is all new to me! Why would “they” even invent such a feature? Just for criminal minds?

Could someone explain to me why LE didn't question BL immediately after GP's mother reported her daughter as missing? I understand that LE wouldn't treat BL as a suspect, but wouldn't it make sense to question the one who was the last to have been with / seen the missing person?

…and when that person would refuse to even sit down for an interview, shouldn't that person automatically be considered a POI?

I'm woefully ignorant of US laws and I know they can vary wildly per state, but I am just wondering why this wouldn't be standard practice. Hope someone can explain :)

Agreed. Yes citizens have rights and protections, thank God. But IMO maybe something more could've been done. Even if he came in with his lawyer and said nothing, he would at least be there, increasing the chance that they would learn something.
How about car theft?
Or suspicion of something.
Maybe watch the house?
As someone else pointed out, people have been brought in and arrested for far less.
I just can't even.
I can't fathom what her parents are going through.

You never know how a family really is. Might seem loving and compassionate on the outside but when you really live with them, it can be a whole another story.

I really wanted to be fair and give BL family a benefit of doubt. They kept their mouths shut. I convinced myself that they are using their rights to remain silent. Maybe something terrible happened, and even though he was innocent, it might seen like he did it. So the best thing was to keep their mouths shut. That's what I thought.

But I was wrong.

Son escaped on Tuesday. They drive the Mustang back home. Couldn't they have just left the car there and claim it is missing? Is that Mustang more important than the son?

Then reports missing son to the LE on Friday? I doubt the Mustang was every there in that park in the first place.

What kind of joke is this? Now are they feeling the heat that their son is missing? What about Gabby? She lived with them for 2 years. Isn't she a human being? Isn't she their future daughter-in-law?

I've never been so upset.

Thank you, first of all! :)

Second: Not answering questions or invoking the 5th article wouldn't automatically turn you into a suspect? And could you be held in contempt or something similar if you refused to answer any questions (e.g. obstruction of justice).

I don't mean to derail the thread, but I find this course of events terribly fascinating!

Not answering questions, combined with leaving the area and failing to report Gabby missing undoubtedly made him a suspect.

However, no. Failing to answer questions cannot cause a person to be held in contempt. Contempt means they are in violation of a court’s orders.

He cannot be charged with obstruction either for failing to incriminate himself. Our U.S. constitution protects against that. (Fifth amendment right to silence). As it should. Those constitutional rights were asserted because in earlier times under English rule, people could be tortured until they “confessed”, or otherwise compelled to incriminate themselves. We have a right not to do that.

Obstruction of justice would more be for things like disposing of evidence, threatening witnesses, etc.

What about more local buses than Greyhound? Could a person get away on a series of small buses? Anyway maybe the parents got him ID's, or got some money for a clandestine ride to next state over? I don't think he would have to worry about being recognized, shave the beard, whatever. He's basically "every man" features wise.

I don't really know about busses in FL, but I ride public transit for work in CA, and every bus has a camera pointed at the door where you pay. If he did go by bus, I'm sure there's footage of him.

And shoes.. Haha
Actually LE seized her Van which he drove across the country home without her - every time I see a post making his driving her van okay I will reply that it is HER Van- he had no business driving it without the owner present
JMO

Driving her van when She is "missing."
What an entitled creep.
At least hitchhike home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics