Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, thanks.
In her absence, I don't think her parents would be able to do this, either ?
They have the van back (or in police custody). He has clearly had permission to drive the van as evidenced through multiple videos. The only person who could say he didn't have permission to drive the van back to Florida is missing. Being that he is the boyfriend/fiancé, it's going to be a civil matter, not criminal. I don't know why there's such a focus on who owns the van. If he refused to give it up, there might be an issue, but he didn't.

I am still catching up so the context of my post might be a big nothing burger. If that is the case, ignore my post.

So his car left to the reserve and came back? As in someone gave him a ride? What about them claiming they last saw him in their living room wearing a back pack? Sure seems like a lot of lies and aiding and abetting to me.

These actions give me hope that the Laundrie family are not anything close to being criminal masterminds. That they merely react to a situation without a plan or end game. Unless by dumb luck, I see this case being solved and many charges for all of them. JMO.

Brian’s parents knew he’s left the home on Tuesday but failed to notify LE. Precious time has been lost in finding Gabby. Laundrie’s parents should be charged with hindering this investigation. I imagine the parents have been doing coddling him his whole life.
I understand he is only a POI and legally, he is free to go anywhere.
But this thing reeks like trash.
Who in the right mind would bring back the Mustang, her son's only mode of transportation home when it was abandoned? Pretty much exactly what Brian did with the van. They knew he was going to abandon the vehicle there and hitch a ride to some place and escape, or else they would have reported the son missing.

Anyone else wondering if his parents dropped him off in the mustang (because who else would) and someone else picked him up later? Then his parents could say that’s where they thought he was last when he really ended up somewhere else & they’re not aware.
Yup. He could be eating a late lunch at Denny's right now with his best-helping-him-abscond-bud.

They have the van back (or in police custody). He has clearly had permission to drive the van as evidenced through multiple videos. The only person who could say he didn't have permission to drive the van back to Florida is missing. Being that he is the boyfriend/fiancé, it's going to be a civil matter, not criminal. I don't know why there's such a focus on who owns the van. If he refused to give it up, there might be an issue, but he didn't.
Actually LE seized her Van which he drove across the country home without her - every time I see a post making his driving her van okay I will reply that it is HER Van- he had no business driving it without the owner present
JMO

New member here doing my first post, although I've peeked into this site's postings for many years... Pardon me if someone asked this before, but every time that I blink, another 8-10 pages of posts fly by...

The latest North Port PD spokesman update (Josh Taylor, guy with the beard) said that they had 50+ LE out in the 25,000+ acres of the Carlton Reserve wilderness. Someone asked why they thought BL was there and Josh said BL family told them the CR was one place that BL often visited and they believed he may be hiding there ("hiding", not "missing" there). BL's family had asked LE to come to them yesterday because they had some things to discuss. Yesterday's LE visit with BL's family was not a search warrant, but a request by the family to speak to LE. So...

What if BL's parents PURPOSELY told LE yesterday to look in CR as a diversionary tactic to divert resources away from other places that BL may be traveling? Yes, the parents could be telling the truth and really wanting to help LE. But like Qinxuan Pan's parents giving him $19,000 cash and his father's passport, many parents will still help their children even if they knowingly are assisting a suspect in a crime. And you cannot prove that the parents purposely diverted LE to CR because the parents could just say that they were just guessing but trying to help with a tip. Diversionary/distracting tactics happen everyday both in real life and in movies (the "Die Hard with a Vengeance" movie involving a fake threat of a bomb placed somewhere in the city's schools comes to mind).

At this point I wouldn't put anything past his parents.
Makes me sick.

I believe they attempted to, but LE cannot compel BL to talk, and he "lawyered up", refusing to be interviewed. This is because the case is not a crime investigation, but a missing persons investigation. BL's right to be silent is protected under our 5th Amendment, and LE could get into a lot of trouble trying to force the issue. He has been designated a POI, but that still doesn't allow LE to compel him. If the status of the case changes to a crime investigation, and there is evidence implicating BL, then they can compel him to sit in an interrogation. Even then, with having "lawyered up" they cannot proceed without the lawyer. This is common to all states on the federal level.

So what contact have LE actually had with BL? Did they ever meet him? Speak with him on the phone? See him in person from a distance?

I get that he's refused to cooperate, but was this relayed to LE via a third party such as another family member or their lawyer, or did BL actually speak to LE himself at some point (either in person or on the phone) and say he wasn't willing to talk with them/pass any comment on the case?

I'm just trying to figure out if LE went to the Laundrie's house and were refused entry initially and BL was there in the background refusing to talk, or they were let inside by the Laundries and BL refused to talk??

Does anyone have any clarity on this, please? It would surely aid in the time line as far as being able to confirm when BL was definitely last at the house.

30 miles north on I-75 is the greyhound bus station. Exit 207. But if he went by bus to anywhere, he’d be recognized and his ticket would tell the story, along with the cameras.
What about more local buses than Greyhound? Could a person get away on a series of small buses? Anyway maybe the parents got him ID's, or got some money for a clandestine ride to next state over? I don't think he would have to worry about being recognized, shave the beard, whatever. He's basically "every man" features wise.

Thank you. IIRC that sweet silver Mustang wasn’t in the driveway that day either. Just the overhead camper. I guess that made lawn care easier but was it a way to cover up an escape by BL? Seems odd to me he made the yard a priority during a catastrophe.
I wonder if they consider Tuesday the date of him missing, not the day he left. Like maybe he left Monday when the Mustang was seen missing but they had communication with him, and then communication stopped Tuesday so they consider that the day he was missing?

I think I may have found the answers to my post earlier about Josh Taylor with the vehicle ending up back at the house.

Although Brian Entin states on his Twitter account he and WFLA have it covered.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1439289106618634242?s=21

ABC action news reports - the provided link below to support what I’m stating.

“the parents last saw him here, and then the parents say they come out here saw the Mustang and drove it back to the house”.

That clears up my observation.

hope this helps people in the group too.

They must know that he plans to be gone a long time, meet up with someone, or that something happened to him. Otherwise, why would they take away his only way to get home?

Yup. He could be eating a late lunch at Denny's right now with his best-helping-him-abscond-bud.

Except that Gabby's girlfriend say that he was a loner--he didn't have any friends, that Gabby was the center of his world. I wonder how he would react if gabby told him, "Look, it's just not working out--let's give each other some space."?

I think I may have found the answers to my post earlier about Josh Taylor with the vehicle ending up back at the house.

Although Brian Entin states on his Twitter account he and WFLA have it covered.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1439289106618634242?s=21

ABC action news reports - the provided link below to support what I’m stating.

“the parents last saw him here, and then the parents say they come out here saw the Mustang and drove it back to the house”.

That clears up my observation.

hope this helps people in the group too.

What?! That’s a great find.

I believe the Mustang was involved as the two officers went to that vehicle last evening. But I think his parents drove him there, or arranged to pick it up and possibly someone else picked him up at the park.

They didn’t ‘happen upon it’ and leave him stranded with the whole world waiting to grab him by the lapels.

I think he’s at someone’s home, based on that. Not in a park ‘taking a hike’ as the parents said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8