Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The NY Post article thinks that is a tatoo on the left arm but I think it is either a bandage or brace.

I agree, that looks like a bandage, or duct tape!
Who has a tattoo that looks like duct tape? I do think that looks like a photo of BL but the quality of the photo is so bad. I wonder why it's so blurry. Most cellphones take better photos than that. I was sure we'd see a sharper image of that photo today.

After the incident when LEO’s pulled them over and separated B&G for the night, do we even know for sure that they did meet up the next day? They were told not to text each other that night and to wait till the next morning but I also wonder if they instead contacted each other before the next day.
Unsure, but Brian's last IG post was Aug. 13 and he appeared alone on a hike. I assume they met up later in the day of Aug.13th. I did notice something else odd but I think it might still fit. Gabby's IG post at Delicate Arch is dated Aug. 12 (morning hike...And yes it does sound more like Brian actually wrote it but she clearly is alive in the photos...)
Login • Instagram
Then they go to the coffee shop at 9:00 am and stay 6 hours according to PD report. When they are pulled over at 5+pm Brian wants to be taken back to Delicate Arch? I assumed for another hike but maybe just to camp out there (which is not allowed).

Was there a source for Gabby spending 6 days in the hotel/motel? If so, why would she have done this? The objective was van life. Could something have been wrong with her? Sick? Hiding? Afraid to be alone?
Or maybe the person who eventually ditched her and took her car away from her, if not actually murdering her, had her keys during those days, when he went to Florida. Maybe he had taken her van and parked it at the airport without telling her, and made sure to keep the keys from her. To continue his control over her as detailed by Gabby's friend in Florida who described the way he would steal her ID so she couldn't go out with friends.

Last edited:
Whew! I finally caught up with y’all. It took me 3 days, but I’m barefoot.

It’s nice to see old friends and see new members. Welcome! I had to take a break from the board for a while because it was just taking it out of me.

I’m going to try to add a link or photo from Gabbys Instagram, but I don’t know if it will work.

Nope. Can’t make it work. Anyway, it in her Instagram in the set of pics from the post of her in the bathtub July 26 Mystic Hot Springs. If you flip through that day, it’s the pic of the 2 of them, kissing under the arch.

Something bothered me about that pic, but I couldn’t put my finger on it until I watched the body cam video and Gabby demonstrated to LE where BL put his hand.

MOO

At first glance it seemed to be a sweet photo of the two of them in a tender moment. I looked closer and realized that it was something about the positioning of his hand being slightly lower and more to the front of her throat that was bothering me. Her hand seems tense on his arm. It’s probably just me, but I had someone position their hand on my face, like the pic and it was uncomfy. The heel of his hand was resting on a sensitive part of my throat. Just for reference, we are similar in height to BL and Gabby.

Just MY feeling and observation.
Now I’m probably 5 pages behind.

Thanks y’all!!

Hi fellow sluthers , here again tonight , hoping for some news . Thanks again to all posting links to newsfeeds , news articles and local knowledge. Great to be able to read them here ( except Any fox news , not available in Europe ! Grrrr! )

I don’t think the gas station sighting has been verified.

ETA post I’m replying to.

ETA…we’ll that didn’t work. Oh well. This thread is moving too fast it probably won’t matter anyway.o_O

Last edited:
Gabby called family near 'zone of death' where 'perfect murder' could happen

GABBY Petito's last contact with her family came when she was just miles from the so-called "zone of death" — an area of remote wilderness where a legal loophole has led some to believe a murderer could get away scot-free there.

RSBM

Although most of Yellowstone National Park falls into Wyoming State, some parts are located in Montana and Idaho — causing a loophole that could be exploited by criminals.

The zone of death is a 50-mile stretch of land in Yellowstone National Park.

Michigan State University law professor Brian C Kalt explains the area in his 2005 Georgetown Law Journal paper, known as The Perfect Crime.

So far all the tracking data we have does not have GP in Montana. Right now all the data is limited to the Grand Teton National Park area, possibly entering from Granite Canyon entrance, from their last reported sighting together in Victor Idaho.

As of now, no information puts them in that area of jurisdictional difficulty.

I wouldn't get too hung up on the $200 Brian offered the couple when he was hitching a ride. He probably suffers from social anxiety and was tired and experiencing stress. And it's possible there was some confusion in how they were all interacting with each other.
I agree. This sounds like something stupid I could see myself doing in a moment of trying to get somewhere and feeling like I'm putting someone out.

It's not clear which it was, but to me there is a MASSIVE difference between saying something like "Are you sure you don't want any money? I've got $200." compared to "Please, I'll give you $200."

THIS, THIS, THIS

If she is determined to be deceased in the state of Wyoming, or Idaho, her death is investigated there and anyone accused of the crime is arraigned and charged there, not in Florida.

YES, Both Wyoming and Idaho are death penalty states.

I hope people don't find this offensive, but I read this as GP deciding to be dead - and where.

THIS, THIS, THIS

If she is determined to be deceased in the state of Wyoming, or Idaho, her death is investigated there and anyone accused of the crime is arraigned and charged there, not in Florida.

YES, Both Wyoming and Idaho are death penalty states.
It seems like if BL just sat quietly at home and didn’t answer questions, there would have to be a ton of evidence of first degree murder to support the death penalty. Although I acknowledge that he may know that there’s a pile of evidence sitting somewhere that we don’t know about, it just seems unlikely. JMO.

Miranda Baker has another video out that I watched on Youtube. She discusses the original video and makes a couple of comments to clarify the business with "Jackson" and "Jackson Hole". [There is only one town that is properly called Jackson Hole, but often shortened to Jackson. They are the same place]

She says he seemed to mix up north and south. I'm left to infer that he thought that he was heading north to a town called "Jackson" rather than south. When they mentioned Jackson Hole he became alarmed and demanded to be dropped off, so they let him out near the Jackson Dam, which is south of where he was picked up.
Been study maps today and Colter bay where BL hopped a ride.... if he wanted to go to Jackson ID its 4 to 5 hrs south west and Jackson Wy was an hour away south... would that seems far away from the van to be on foot.... 12 hours walking to Jackson Hole Wy and 75 hours to walk to Jackson Idaho
Odd asking to go to Jackson then jumps out at the Jackson Dam.

So what do we have official concrete evidence for?

They had a fight.
Do we have concrete evidence of BL staying at the said hotel? Spending the night there?
Do we have concrete evidence of where GP was that night?
How much did GP tell her mum about the fight whilst she was in the cop car?
Being away from each other for one night - she would have spoken to someone telling them more about the fight before she met back with BL the next day?

Do we have evidence of the last communication date of GP and her mum via Face time?

The whole story of him catching a plane back to FL, moving things to the storage unit and then going back to GP are unverified right?

The story of BL driving back to FL is unverified?
I say this because - just because the police said he was back on the 1st September, doesn't make it true. They could have been fed lies by the parents?
Maybe he never came back to FL?

I'm questioning all this because when the cops said they knew the whereabouts of BL the other day at the presser - and then he goes missing - has made me doubt everything other than what I have seen on the bodycam.

Everything the police are being told, does not necessarily need to be true as it's coming from BL's parents and they are acting shady.
God knows what ruse they are playing at - but clearly they have been biding their time if GP's parents only reported her missing so so late when the penny dropped that something is amiss.

It's all speculation if there's no evidence.

MOO.

I will play devil's advocate.

He did not lie. He had a phone on him, but no service or it was dead. He was talking about the service not object.

As for the parents, she lived with his parents. She stayed at friends homes when they fought. It is clear that the daughter was not on great standing with parents, and the boy corrupting her would be less welcomed.

If you think that he thought she left the van willing and was held up in a hotel room, everything makes sense. Him getting mad. Him not talking. Him going home. It was her idea to do van life only to spend time in hotel rooms.
It does not make sense to me to refuse/ignore communication with GP’s parents as they desperately
were trying to contact her, this was 10 days before LE was involved.
Her bio does dad lives nearby, her mom and stepfather are still in New York. I don’t see her choosing to stay with friends instead of her bio dad an interpretation that she does not get along with her father. Many that age or any age don’t want to involve parents, explain relationships, boyfriend troubles, etc. her father might not of liked Brian so she hid the troubles from him.
His phone could have been dead, he could charge it, if there was no service it did not matter if she stayed with him or not, neither one would have service so her staying would not change the situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem