Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you explain his lies in the video, the phone etc? Unfortunately it’s not just his actions in the video but his actions upon returning to Florida without her, refusing to communicate with her parents about her long before LE was involved. That does not speak to the characteristics that you draw from that one 90 minute snapshot. I don’t think anybody has suggested that it was premeditated, maybe a heat of passion crime, she was threatening to leave, lots of possibilities.
I will play devil's advocate.

He did not lie. He had a phone on him, but no service or it was dead. He was talking about the service not object.

As for the parents, she lived with his parents. She stayed at friends homes when they fought. <modsnip>

If you think that he thought she left the van willing and was held up in a hotel room, everything makes sense. Him getting mad. Him not talking. Him going home. It was her idea to do van life only to spend time in hotel rooms.

Last edited by a moderator:
THANK YOU! My husband strangled me. Threatened to definitely find me and kill me if I left. Guess what my biggest obstacle was? All the people who said what a terrific guy he was that he could never do such a thing as beat his wife and kids. People do not know what villains do behind closed doors. Or as my grandmother called them, street angels and house devils.

THIS ^
Abusers can very charming in front of others but cannot control their anger when they feel it's safe to express it.

What I noticed today was that ALL of the searchers for BL were wearing body armor and were armed when they are going to be searching in a swampy parkland with extreme heat and humidity. While searchers normally wear heavy boots and protective clothing and even carrying a gun is not that unusual in an area where there are panthers and alligators BUT body armor is not usually part of the attire unless they have reason to believe someone might shoot at them.

AKA he is mentally unstable...can we deduce that yet?

It makes no sense to take the car if he were still in the park. How did they think he was going to get home? I think he called them and told them to pick up the car. An abandoned car would have alerted authorities, so they had to pick it up.
Does the reserve allow overnight parking? I could see them picking it up if not. MOO

Gabby called family near 'zone of death' where 'perfect murder' could happen

GABBY Petito's last contact with her family came when she was just miles from the so-called "zone of death" — an area of remote wilderness where a legal loophole has led some to believe a murderer could get away scot-free there.

RSBM

Although most of Yellowstone National Park falls into Wyoming State, some parts are located in Montana and Idaho — causing a loophole that could be exploited by criminals.

The zone of death is a 50-mile stretch of land in Yellowstone National Park.

Michigan State University law professor Brian C Kalt explains the area in his 2005 Georgetown Law Journal paper, known as The Perfect Crime.

Zone of death? Really? The Yellowstone- Grand Teton area is one of the most majestic, beautiful places on earth.

Yeah, I thought she was credible. There is always a chance that she was wrong and it was some other guy who matched his description and also had a fiance in a van who was blogging, but as to the actual incident and what she reported, I believe it happened. There may be some errors attributable to memory, since memory is far from perfect and this was already a couple weeks ago. But I think she has the big picture correct, and I suspect that it really was him.

the hitched ride:
Could it of been -a planned alibi timeline- ride for him?
After dropping/sharing some info with Miranda…poof , he was out of her jeep.
IMO Gabby was the opposite of a girl wanting to be ALONE for a few days.
Silent treatment or shutting a significant other out can be punishment.
He may of considered it regaining control/ taking a break/ but a sensitive social person (such IMO she seemed) could consider it devastating.

MOO
If the hitch happened…
I believe it did btw..

Last edited:
The comments about the possibility of Brian grabbing at Gabby's face or throat, my take was that she was struggling to find her words. She wasn't adequately describing what had happened. I think Brian may have been holding her face between his hands to get her to look at him and to help focus her and calm her down. In at least one of the photos I've seen, he had has hand on her head in a loving gesture. We need to be careful with our assumptions and biases that tend to disfavor men.
This is true but can we also not pretend that grabbing GP by the face in this instance is a loving gesture? Because someone looks loving in one photo has no relevance to if they can commit a crime, IMO. BL had scratches on his face and hand. GP was crying and upset. Neither of those people is acting like they felt he was just making a loving gesture. JMO.

The comments about the possibility of Brian grabbing at Gabby's face or throat, my take was that she was struggling to find her words. She wasn't adequately describing what had happened. I think Brian may have been holding her face between his hands to get her to look at him and to help focus her and calm her down. In at least one of the photos I've seen, he had has hand on her head in a loving gesture. We need to be careful with our assumptions and biases that tend to disfavor men.

Check Thread 7 post #80 -
There was nothing loving about it. She said he cut her face and photos support that.

HE said he left marks on her.

We need to be careful about misconstruing a victims words that police already ignored once. This guy conned those police (and apparently others) with his “mr nice guy act” and she took the blame.

I agree that it looks a lot like him, but doesn't the guy in the photo have a big tatoo on his left arm? Recent photos of BL don't show him having a visible that size.

If you wanted to skip town and to allude to reporters, grow facial hair or hair if bald and clean-shaven.
Cover up or add fake temp tattoos.
It looks like him if NOT does he have brothers the same age?

Yep.
Gators are sensational and exotic to folks who aren't accustomed to them but they rarely attack full grown men.
It does happen and did happen recently in LA in the floodwaters in the wake of Hurricane Ida, but it is extremely rare.
Florida Panthers are also very shy and unlikely to attack a person.
The mosquitoes are what would drive me out of there!
Yes, I used to swim with one nearby and it I could see it swim underneath me. They leave you alone unless you mess with their nest or if people have been feeding them and they associate people with food.

I don't think the speculation here is anything to do with gender bias.

I do , however have a strong sense that there was coercive control happening and that she was the victim. Not because she is a female but because of her entire demeanour .
He knew her long enough and well enough to calm her down, he also knew her long enough to wind her up and gaslight her.

Her travelling blog was her career in her mind, she seemed to be trying desperately to make it work... was he helping or hindering her in that?

Anyone know how to check GP and BL various SM accounts to see who has stopped following around the time this started to develop? Would be interesting to see if there was an unfollow around same time as the Spotify changes.

I have been a victim of domestic abuse but all we know from the police camera is she assulted him. Since then his family has been no help at all in finding Gabby (cruel beyond belief) they then give Bryan a head start ( missing for 3 days) and only call the police regarding their son, not Gabby.

Didn’t then-maybe he does now
Totally speculating and throwing out a crazy and unlikely thought, but maybe a temporary tattoo or a sharpie marker used to make it look like a tattoo, so if caught on video, it would rule the person out as being BL? Not exactly what I think is true, but for the sake of being clear, this is JMO, MOO. No facts whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove