Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wonder if there are new flyers/postings of BL missing. If so, there should be a sketch and written info regarding what he looked like the last time he was seen. If the parents want him found safely, they should comply and cooperate. But...
Like maybe pictures of the pack? His clothes? Yeah, I was surprised last night's LE press releases didn't include any of that information.

I'm quoting your post only to the end about Teton-BADGER National Forest as I got the strangest vibe-in connection with the song BL posted after his supposed return from trip, about a BADGER buried underground...anyone recall it, help me locate his playlist? Is it it a clue, I don't know but I just got weirded out. @JJ Ray
That is correct just read that this morning....

I agree. I watched the hour long police body-cam video and saw BL as trying very hard to be composed and collected in front of the LE and to give his best charming persona…. as so many sociopaths do. (I’m a psych nurse and have seen so many of them!)

1. I first watched the video from the POV that BL is totally normal, totally innocent, and just mentally, emotionally and physically exhausted from Gabby’s mood swings, her having OCD (her words), that she was emotionally upset, was having meltdowns etc. I gave him credit for being “so calm” after spending all those days and nights together.

2. Then I watched again. This time watching his behavior from the POV that he is a narcissistic, controlling, fake-charming sociopath…. and as if he probably did something to Gabby.

The second watching, and with the opinion (MOO) that he may have serious mental health issues (and/or a psychological or psychiatic diagnosis…. apparently GP told a friend “he hears voices”) won out far above the vibes I got from my first watching the video.

Again…. MOO​
Great post. Our past experiences and relationships affect our viewpoints. It is important to remember this and view information from different POVs.

IMO I think had an out of control moment, hurt her, freaked out, went home, and is hiding out. It's the most straightforward option. BUT I agree with people that say we need to be careful to quickly judge either one of them from one video of one encounter. GP's friend saying he was controlling, though, pushes me a bit more in that direction. That being said, I was in a relationship with someone who was similarly controlling for a few years, but he never physically laid a hand on me.

I think he's a lot more scared than calculating. Maybe trying to be calculating and think he's doing a good job, but I think he's far from confident. I think he's panicking. MOO IMO etc

Spokesperson for police said that they believed he was going to resist
That implies that his parents told the police that he might be armed. If he had just told them he was going for a hike to blow off some steam and didn't return from his hike on time, they would have been afraid he was lost or injured and told police that. But it seems that instead they gave police the impression he would resist.

Police can easily debunk whether it is him or not. Considering the person was walking and NorthPort is such a small town, if the take a radius of 3 miles from that photo and go search all the houses to find a similar person, they might find the person in the photo or if not then he might be our suspect. It is a waste of resource currently since they believe they have some clue he might be elsewhere. Also, if they do house to house search, they can also eliminate the possibility that he might be taking someone hostage in a nearby house until the situation clears outside.
North Port is actually NOT that small of a town. 104 Square miles, one of the top 10 largest cities by land mass in the State of Florida.
North Port Business Profile | North Port, FL.

I was born and raised in Florida and still right here, I have however seen a gator in the woods across from my house, the boy next door was riding around with a small one on his 4 wheeler lol, heard a panther scream many of nights and your right snakes and mosquitoes are much worse but it all depends on where in Florida you live.
I haven't even been here as long as either of you, and I had a gator in my backyard a couple of weeks ago! Here in the Sarasota/Charlotte county area, on the coast and with all these canals, gators are all over the place. Not taking constitutionals in the street as a rule since they are naturally afraid of humans, but you can be sure there's at least one gator in every body of water, and in these great big nature preserves, a heck of a lot more.

I was thinking he may have had other means besides an alligator
Yep.
Gators are sensational and exotic to folks who aren't accustomed to them but they rarely attack full grown men.
It does happen and did happen recently in LA in the floodwaters in the wake of Hurricane Ida, but it is extremely rare.
Florida Panthers are also very shy and unlikely to attack a person.
The mosquitoes are what would drive me out of there!

BL doesn't have a tattoo on his left elbow.
I watched a video of this, which the witness was showing the image to the reporter. When the reporter took a photo of the image on the witnesses' phone, it created a shadow (from the reporter's body). There was no tattoo that I could see. Moo

ETA: Went back to watch and the original image did still have the shadow. I'm guessing it was from the angle, shade from trees, etc.

Last edited:
Here is another add to the timeline:

KSL’s Garna Mejia actually ran into a local man who said he and a friend saw Petito’s van as they were spotting for elk on Aug. 29.

“He thought he had seen the white sprinter van described — blacked out rims, wheels,” said Tyler Valentine. “We all live in this small town, so when this stuff happens, we all take a little bit of initiative and try to look out for things.”

What’s interesting about Spread Creek is that Petito had marked the place as a possible camping area through the Dyrt website, something Valentine and his friend were unaware of when we spoke with them.

Search intensifies for Gabby Petito; police respond to Laundrie home in Florida
It isn't a "sprinter" van.

Gabby called family near 'zone of death' where 'perfect murder' could happen

GABBY Petito's last contact with her family came when she was just miles from the so-called "zone of death" — an area of remote wilderness where a legal loophole has led some to believe a murderer could get away scot-free there.

RSBM

Although most of Yellowstone National Park falls into Wyoming State, some parts are located in Montana and Idaho — causing a loophole that could be exploited by criminals.

The zone of death is a 50-mile stretch of land in Yellowstone National Park.

Michigan State University law professor Brian C Kalt explains the area in his 2005 Georgetown Law Journal paper, known as The Perfect Crime.
I take it the area in red is where they’re referring…
A9342FE3-33DE-4DF3-975D-58C0004C6DCE.jpeg

FYI, the area being searched now according to this article is in Jackson. Which is where according to the female who picked him up hitchhiking, he freaked out about going to, so she let him out and he started back the other way, NORTH.
Police search for missing 'van-life girl' Gabby Petito in Wyoming and boyfriend in Florida | Daily Mail Online
Sounds like he wanted to be seen anywhere except Jackson...where the van was from what I understand.
If so, why would he not want to be seen/know of in Jackson. What was in Jackson that did not reflect well on him?

Speculation:

As our timeline is potentially narrowing (with people thinking they'd seen the van in Tetons on Aug 29), I'm starting to think that Gabby's plans to meet up with her friend on that day in Yellowstone might have been the proverbial "final straw" and a potential source of contention between the two.

Her friend obviously didn't care much for BL, and if he really had, in the past, taken away GP's ID to keep her from going out with this friend, I could easily see a scenario where he could have again done something to prevent GP from meeting up with her friend that day. Was he out wandering around on his own that day (until around 6pm, according to the witness) because he knew she wouldn't leave for Yellowstone without him and he wanted to prevent her from meeting up with this friend? What sort of confrontation might they have had if he got back late, far past the time when GP would have been able to contact and meet her friend for her birthday? Especially if they were out of cell phone range, so GP couldn't even let her friend know why she hadn't been able to make it.

IMO, GP would be totally justified in getting upset at BL for something like that. But I hate to think of where that argument might have led.

MOO.
If I recall correctly, she wasn't supposed to meet up with a friend that day, but call a friend that day to make plans to meet up in early September.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove