Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen this behavior a bunch of times. Law enforcement will publicly claim that an investigation is not criminal, while their actions strongly indicate otherwise.

Think about this:

A "person of interest," is a phrase used in criminal investigations.

They are using that here, while saying it's not a criminal investigation at this point.

That doesn't work.
Maybe they’re trying not to freak him out into running further. “No we are not going to arrest you……….”

what if neither by definition abusive and they just a young couple that had some arguments?
I wonder that as well. All I see are insecurities from both of them, and not nearly enough information to claim abuse or any kind of disorders. Both of their behaviors are not solely due to each other. They had over 20 years of learned behavior from family, friends, and other relationships and life events.

From a few days ago:

On Tuesday, his mom and dad were seen returning to the Wabasso Avenue house — still mum about the case.

Parents of Gabby Petito's boyfriend return home after rebuffing cops

there are photos attached as well

@oviedo add to timeline?
In these photos the mustang is not in the spot it is now. There was a post a few thread back where someone said they heard on a live where a reporter had not seen the mustang Tuesday but it came back Wednesday-anyone else remember that?

Is it a stretch to think there may be a connection here? What was the date that BL hitched a ride to Jackson and got agitated when they mentioned Jackson hole?
Honestly I don't see BL being a serial killer or a - shoot, what do you call it - spurt killer. I think he was so freaked out by what he did to Gabby, that he was singularly focused on flying home to his parents' safe haven. JMO

I'm new here and created an account so I can share my thoughts on Brian. Both he and Gabby seem like genuinely kind and good people. I'm especially focused on Brian right now because I feel very attuned to his energy and how he lives his life.

Brian seems gentle and grounded. He loves camping, painting and reading. He was sad to leave the plants at his parents' homes and told them they're his best friends. He was happy to bring some small succulents with them in their van. He does yoga and is handy with tools. He did considerable work preparing the van for their travels.

The comments about him here and especially on social media are disheartening. I've read everything you've read and understand things aren't looking good for Brian, but my heart is breaking for both of them.

Brian left his parents' home for one of two reason: It was made known to them the police were going to obtain a search or an arrest warrant, based on evidence that hasn't been disclosed to the public yet; or Brian was needing the comfort of what he loves the most: the trees and plants, fresh air and open space. To see all of those law enforcement officers pursing him in a search is terrifying. It just seems so contrary to who he is and how he thinks and sees the world around him.

The couple that picked up Brian when he was hitching a ride presumably back to Gabby and the van, didn't mention bruises or bloodied knuckles. That's because there wasn't anything to note about his physical appearance, other than his clothing. She did say it was odd how clean he was, but I've done extensive backpacking and never looked muddy. My gear was always clean and tidy, and I didn't smell. Also, Brian loves going barefoot, and he loves minimalism. As an experienced camper, it makes sense to me that he'd only bring a tarp and nothing hefty for a few days of camping along a river. This isn't at all a concern for me.

As for his confusion about the direction they were heading, he's not from that area. I think he got north and south mixed up and didn't realize Jackson Hole was in the wrong direction. He was experiencing some stress from whatever it was that happened that had him doing a solo trip away from Gabby for a few days. They were still telling people they're engaged, and the police introduced the idea of spending some time apart, and that's what he was doing. It's possible there's nothing of interest with any of this sighting other than the date for the sake of the timeline and his location.

The police camera footage did not leave me feeling as if Brian was cocky, as so many people have said. His body language was reflective of his personality. He's quiet and gentle in his mannerisms, shy and uncomfortable around people. He was shaking and scared. Gabby was experiencing a full breakdown from her anxiety. I suffer from anxiety and that's exactly how it can be. She was asked what she does for a living, and she said she's a nutritionist. She hesitated, probably because she was looking for something to describe her lifestyle and goals. I doubt she's a certified nutritionist. Her friend Rose said Gabby was working at Taco Bell last year and then a smoothie place. Taco Bell really surprised me. It's completely at odds with what she portrays on her social media accounts and in the video.

All this tells me is that Gabby is young and finding herself. It's not that she was being dishonest; it's more that 'nutritionist' is what made the most sense to her. It characterized maybe her goals and also her lifestyle. She also said they don't drink, but she met Rose at a bar once. I tend to say I don't drink, but a few times a year I'll buy a bottle of wine. So I don't feel she was being dishonest with this either. It's again more of a response that speaks to the overall picture of who she feels she is and how they're living their lives.

Brian has been described as controlling. I have a lot to say about that and feel I'm understanding him and what motivates the decisions he makes. But for now I'd just like to bring some compassion and concern to this young man, who I think is frequently misunderstood. Regardless of the outcome of this case, I am genuinely heartbroken for both Gabby and Brian. He just doesn't resonate with me as someone who harmed Gabby. Please note that I didn't say or imply he's incapable of harming her. I think we are all capable of doing something sudden and unexpected.

But what I'm sensing here is something very dark that is turning against Brian and strengthening. I think his silence was his only hope of protection, and his legal right, and it seems it's all beginning to fall apart. I am praying for Gabby's safe return, and I'm also praying for Brian. Thank you for reading this.

(I somehow managed to reply to the wrong comment, and now I can’t find the one I meant to reply to, but it was about BL’s parents not knowing she was missing until her parents called them.)

I think this is really close, but the only issue here is that it appears he lawyered up right away… like as soon as he got home. If it was the case that he didn’t tell his parents until GP’s parents called them, then why would they have gotten the lawyer 10 days prior? He must have told them something right away that resulted in them calling their layer, meaning they definitely have been intentionally covering something up from the start.

MOO

The last trace of Robert Lowery, a traveler from Texas, was a ping from his cellphone in Jackson on Aug. 23, police told the Jackson Hole News & Guide.///

Lowery had never been to the area before, his sister, Leigh Lowery, told the paper, and had recently gotten a sleeping bag and a tent, but had no camping experience.

Before Lowery left his home in Houston, he canceled his mail, Jackson sheriff’s Deputy Chad Sachse told the paper.

The statement that the lost Texas camper 'canceled' his mail before the trip seems to imply he was suicidal, or at least that's where my thoughts go. I don't know what it means to 'cancel' mail. I've had mine held or forwarded when away, so maybe that's what they mean which would not be indicating never planning to return.

Connecting to Gabby, I have wondered if she was distraught at some point and posted those songs and maybe even the Halloween IG message as a goodbye.

But this wondering doesn't go too far given BL's actions of not providing any info about her whereabouts.

I could go a bunch of different directions with this. I'd need more information to feel confident about any scenario.

The amount of resources they have dedicated to searching that area, tells me that they probably have good reason to believe he is in fact there.

My hope is that he's just hiding out, and isn't sure what his next move is.

Im with you on this. So many possible ways it could be or could go.

I am concerned about LE thinking they may end up confronting an aggravated BL. That tells me it’s likely the parents disclosed that this is a behavior he has, he was aggravated when they last saw him and/or very possibly that he is armed.

I want them to find BL alive.

But at this point, publicity on Gabby is probably not what is going to help find her. The boots on the ground are likely to do that. Sadly. Finding BL could very much help point them in the right direction. JMO
I don't think he will help find her in any way. So I'm not concerned with retrieving him except for maybe justice purposes.
To me whatever happened was on the 28th, 29th so if they can track phones on those days they will have the right area. Somewhere around where he was picked up and where they were supposedly scheduled to go that day.

You didn't watch the video. The last half of the video was all about the two of them only having to separate for the night and then BL could go waive the order for her to stay away from him and then go pick her up from jail and then go on with their hike. and of course come back for the court date.

The cops aren’t the judge.

I think you are on track for the most part. There’s a previous history of domestic violence between the GP and BL but notes Gabby as the aggressor on more than one occasion. Whether that’s true or not only those 2 know between them. Their YouTube channel has references to him being OCD as well so I think put together they were a powder keg waiting to go off. At this point I think the most likely scenario was they had a fight and she may have been non intentionally injured to the point she died because of it and he panicked, dumped her and left. I hate saying that but it seems the most likely scenario due to their history and ages. The flying back to Florida mid trip is really questionable though, the bit about the storage unit… He also very well could have put her anywhere along the route back to Florida from Wyoming. Hope they are checking roads with toll pay/cameras as well.

A barefooted OCD person. Now I've heard everything.

OCD is generally a genetically-linked condition, quite distinct from OCP. I see no signs that either of them is an untreated OCD (and I've interacted with many untreated OCD people - they typically have rituals they must do several times a day, to the point that most daily activities are organized around that). It's not a mild illness.

But it's also not to be confused with OCP. Someone with OCD usually has no choice but to eventually interact with a psychiatrist, or simply never leave their house (they have a hard time holding down a job). Frankly, I don't think BL has either - but Gabby may have OCP.

Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder (OCPD) - Psychiatric Disorders - Merck Manuals Professional Edition

My view right now is that since Gabby was not with BL on the day he was picked up at Coulter Bay, either he lied about them being in Idaho (odd if he would have hitchhiked from the Snake River area - with just that small backpack) or he never left Grand Teton NP after whatever happened to Gabby...happened. This last possibility seems more likely to me.

But Gabby's orderly and somewhat intense planning of the roadtrip, the amount of time it took to set up all those Insta-ready camera shots (many of them obviously needing use of tripod and timer and several trips back and forth between the dramatic scenery - probably with Brian being the 'placeholder' while she framed it perfectly. the amount of time she put into designing and decorating the van (it's perfection, from a VanLivers POV)...to me, it makes sense that's she OCP. Most people who become aware of their OCP (usually by trying to have a relationship with a romantic partner) don't really want to be treated. Deep inside, they know they are right. Everything neat and tidy and perfect. What's not to like about that? Everyone should be that way!

But most people aren't. (I know several OCP people - with actual diagnoses from a psychiatrist and it sure isn't an easy row to hoe, to live with one, unless you're also somewhat on that spectrum; one of those people was my mom...my dad struggled with it but they worked out their "rules of the house" and managed to stay together for 60 years).

I think they are just saying this to try and keep the Laundries and attorney at ease and maybe turn himself in. I have no doubt they are investigating it as a crime now.It is just LE speak.

I think the reason Brian bolted in the first place was because of the video from Moab PD and the statement from the County that they were looking at him as a possible suspect in the double murder. I think it spooked him and LE is de-escalating the situation right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB