Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. I just feel so angry that Brian's disappearance is now featuring so heavily in the news. It's taking publicity away from Gabby. Brian seems to be very good at thinking solely about himself.
But at this point, publicity on Gabby is probably not what is going to help find her. The boots on the ground are likely to do that. Sadly. Finding BL could very much help point them in the right direction. JMO

At this point I really dont believe a word Brian's family says. Nothing makes sense where they are concerned. They allowed this man to come home without the young girl he left with, they allowed him to stay silent and not say a word to LE about where she was, and now the only time they decide they need to speak with LE is when the heat is on and they only want to say, our son is missing? Nope don't believe a word of any of any of it!!

Exactly. Just say enough, quit the vacation and either drive home or one if them fly home and one of them drive home. Or sell the van out there and get the greyhound back.
Why BL had to fly back from FL to UT is weird.

Also, why did Gabby have to stay in the hotel for 6 days? That's a long time without seeing or doing anything.
If things were bad, and it seems like they were, why couldn't she go just home? Jack it in, call it a day with the relationship and everything. Doing so may have saved her life.
Has it actually been confirmed that he did fly home and then go back?

I think you are on track for the most part. There’s a previous history of domestic violence between the GP and BL but notes Gabby as the aggressor on more than one occasion. Whether that’s true or not only those 2 know between them. Their YouTube channel has references to him being OCD as well so I think put together they were a powder keg waiting to go off. At this point I think the most likely scenario was they had a fight and she may have been non intentionally injured to the point she died because of it and he panicked, dumped her and left. I hate saying that but it seems the most likely scenario due to their history and ages. The flying back to Florida mid trip is really questionable though, the bit about the storage unit… He also very well could have put her anywhere along the route back to Florida from Wyoming. Hope they are checking roads with toll pay/cameras as well.

Thinking out loud (all my own opinion)...
Assuming he killed her, I don't think she was ever in the van post mortem or we would have probably had an arrest by now. LE has been in possession of the van long enough to know if there was ever a cadaver in it, right? So I understand that to mean that he couldn't have dumped her body anywhere from WY to FL - she would HAVE to be in WY/ID. Maybe she is wrapped/buried in that tent (that tent seems significant). Maybe that tent was missing from the van and that is what he used to dispose of her. :(

MOO

Personally, I don't believe he is in the reserve. Living in Florida he knows it's miserable in there, with the mosquitos, humidity, and alligators. He's not a tourist. This guy is not resourceful or a survivalist by nature imo, he wouldn't last a night in there, alligators and all.

Unless he was not planning on coming back, with a rope in his backpack, I think this location was planned a ruse. Parents "finding the car" and driving it back the same day is off too. How was he supposed to get back if the car was taken away?

Brian is elsewhere, maybe hiding in plain sight in a big city, with a wad of cash his parents gave him, or off to some barefoot commune who knows where.

Maybe the fact that they waited until Fri. evening to tell police he was gone tells us that he needed 3 days to get to here he was going. I don't think the parents would wait 3 days if they thought he might kill himself. Of course this is if the parents are being honest.

You would think B.L. would stay in touch with his lawyer because any conversations are completely protected.

I could go a bunch of different directions with this. I'd need more information to feel confident about any scenario.

The amount of resources they have dedicated to searching that area, tells me that they probably have good reason to believe he is in fact there.

My hope is that he's just hiding out, and isn't sure what his next move is.

I don't believe he is there, unless he is just feeling sorry for himself and escaping the situation, or considering ending it all. To ease to be found - dog's, search teams, infrared from air.

If he is actually hiding, I would think he is smart enough to leave the area.

By the way his parents are handling this I am really not surprised. It all comes to the way he was raised, any other human being would have taken responsibility and man up to what happened, accident or not. Even if they are not guilty of any crime, they sure did raise a messed up kid.

I tend to see some commonalities among the families of killers, (if that’s what has happened here). Scott Peterson. Neil Entwhistle. Chris Coleman. Chris Watts. Casey Anthony.

Tons of enabling. Aggressive denial. Victim-blaming if the victim isn’t their own blood relative. Stubborn acceptance of bizarre, illogical stories. Etc.

Yesterday someone here wrote that the text about Yosemite was a red herring because they were nowhere near that park or California at that time. I totally agree. But I'm not sure it was intentional on BL's part. I think he made a big mistake.

Assuming her mother's intuition is right and Gabby didn't write that message, the fact is that the van was close to Yellowstone, not Yosemite. Something had happened to Gabby and she was not there anymore, and BL was in a panic. He knew Gabby spoke to her mom all the time and he wanted to avoid questions after "whatever" happened to Gabby happened.

So in my opinion, he sent the message "No signal in Yosemite" to throw off her mother, but he screwed up and wrote the wrong park name. A blip of a frantic mind or a guilty conscience? I think it's a clue to his state of mind.

no. I've had girlfriends i drove all over the US before cellphones exhisted. There is no way out there you feel like you own the world. That's a problem for someone like Brian and this relationship in general. We were literally living on the moon at the time. We were all we had and things were scary in those parts. I find this whole thing suspect in the fact that. whatever happened when nobody was looking. That's for sure

Well, that's what I mean. The information they gave to police in order to find BL is probably true. But they were very careful about revealing any information in relation to Gabby, since they consulted the attorney before reporting their son missing.

They must know the trouble they would be in if they intentionally mislead investigators in finding their son. I don't see them risking that. I don't think their attorney would let them do that, either. IMO
IF they knew their son was guilty of the worst crime and therefore most likely the worst punishment if caught, and you tend towards the “protect my baby at all costs” mentality to begin with, perhaps lying about his whereabouts etc is a matter of your baby’s life or death?

If so, their being arrested later for collusion might be the least of their worries once they’ve already committed down this path of stonewalling the world. Perhaps in their minds they have nothing worse to lose now.

MOO

So skipped a lot but here is a map I prepared of the Grand Teton National Park and possible route back to Florida. It indicates the Jenny Lake sighting on the 25th (the day after they arrived assuming the drive from Monarch wall on 8/24 was completed that afternoon, the sighting related her on WS of a sighting in Grants Village, YNP on Aug. 26th and the hitchhike route of BL on Aug. 29th. If BL got to Florida by Sept. 1 he had to leave GTNP by the morning of the 30th.

One thing I noted about BL, he seems to exaggerate time spans (to the cops in the altercation stop for example. Only on road for a month and a half but he says 4 to 5 months. Another spot also but can't recall). When he says they camped "in the middle of nowhere" and "along the snake river" in Miranda Bakers hitchhiker encounter that may have been along RKO road/Bar B C road off Teton Drive. It is technically IIRC within the park boundaries and so dispersed camping is not allowed. When he realizes Miranda has turned off 191 and near the dam, he "freaks out" either because he realizes they will be going much nearer to the van camping spot that he wants to be OR if te followed the rules, he wants to continue on his route down 191 which is then closer to the actual "legal" dispersed areas in the Teton-Badger National Forest to the east side of 191. The only problem is these areas are generally full even into late August so "in the middle of nowhere" doesn't make much sense.

Anyway, all this is IMHO of course. I think something (another fight or worse) happened sometime the 27, 28th. BL left to get once again "some space" between them (either dead or alive) and hiked along the snake river up to Coulter bay. I think he was only out overnight and not 2 or 3 days like he indicated (the exaggerated component). He then returned the evening of the 29th, to her body by his hand or potentially her own. Either way, he knew he would be blamed so he dumped the body and took off for home. The less likely is the "stranger in the woods" came upon her alone and abducted or killed her. If she was simply missing from the Van he would report that, there would be no reason not to, because he was camping out, was up in Coulter Bay by the 29th and would not assume she had been killed, just run off or was out tent camping away from the vehicle. The only thing that makes sense to me, is he knew she was dead when he left the Tetons with the van. I would be combing the Snake River and downstream from the area marked on the map IMO.

The alternative would be they both left for home on Aug. 30th, and something happened that day along the route back home opening up Wyoming and Colorado. I assume if he had 200 to pay for the ride in the Tetons he had enough cash not to use credit cards so every station along the route would need to look at in-store cameras to find him and see if Gabby was still with him. A daunting task...

Gabby Petito - Google My Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member