Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The last trace of Robert Lowery, a traveler from Texas, was a ping from his cellphone in Jackson on Aug. 23, police told the Jackson Hole News & Guide.

The 46-year-old was seen on video from Aug. 19 at a restaurant at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort in Teton Village, and may have taken a ride in a Lyft the following day.

Lowery had never been to the area before, his sister, Leigh Lowery, told the paper, and had recently gotten a sleeping bag and a tent, but had no camping experience.

Before Lowery left his home in Houston, he canceled his mail, Jackson sheriff’s Deputy Chad Sachse told the paper.

In the third case, Cian McLaughlin, 27, was last seen June 8 hiking in the park by a local resident without a backpack. He was reported missing four days later.
Gabby Petito one of three people missing near Grand Teton Park this summer

According to Scott Peterson's 1/2 sister, she said he did weird things too. When I first heard Brian left his parents house I thought of Peterson trying to go to Mexico. But he was loaded with cash, with a wig, with dyed blonde hair, and many I.Ds. passports.etc. Not just $200. Can't get far even in Mexico with $200.
Where is this $200 coming from?

Sorry, I'm confused. I thought this thread was about the search at Grand Teton National Park, but the comments are about the search for Brian.

Can someone please clarify this? I'm desperate to know more about the search for Gabby. She's been in an unknown place for around 3 weeks now and I'm feeling very frightened about how this will end, assuming they find her. I fear this could go on for months, if she's ever found at all.

Hopes and prayers for Gabby and enormous gratitude from across the pond that people are trying to find her. I have enormous respect for everyone who is trying so hard to find her.

IMO it’s about both - the answers lie with him

Neither of us know the exact words that BL had said to BP about her SM influencing endeavor. But I think it is quite clear that neither GP's family nor BL's family are very wealthy and neither GP nor BL are trust fund babies. There are some SM influencers who are globe-hopping, vlogging, and blogging from exotic locations around the world. But they have vast funds, either from their parents or from years of frugally saving before they quite their day job to chase their dreams. I have a great friend in Seattle who worked for 20+ years as a high-ranking manager at Microsoft before quitting and becoming a full-time pottery artist. GP quit her job as a nutritionist at a health drink store and then decided to go on this 4-month trip to *BEGIN* to try to monetize her SM activity. To me, this is VERY delusional. If you told your partner that you quit your job last week and now you have aspirations to make a living as a SM blogger/influencer, a ballet dancer, or as a guitarist in a rock band, and your partner says to you, "But you do not have any experience as a blogger, ballet dancer, or guitarist. Maybe you should keep your day job until you gain enough traction on the social media front." - that is not being a negative Debbie Downer by giving you a wake-up call that you cannot become a successful ballet dancer or guitarist - unless you have very rich parents (and neither BL/GP parents are filthy rich), that is called giving your partner a reality check on a totally different job that you aspire to.

GP had about 2K followers. That is a "newbie" ranking in the influencer game, certainly nowhere near enough to begin to monetize and live off of it.

TLDR: Sure, have dreams and raise your head into the clouds. But remember still to keep you feet firmly gripping the ground of reality. Most of us are not working at our dream jobs, but in the absence of extremely rich parents and being trust fund babies, we all continue our daily grind instead of impulsively jumping into the deep end of a far-fetched dream.

People have choices to do what is in their own comfort zones. If your comfort zone is financial security and “keeping your feet on the ground” and the daily grind- - - that’s yours but you don’t get to choose or dictate that for other people (partner or not). Some people do not care about that stuff at all and that is their right.

BL didn’t have to go with GP if this was her dream and he found it “far-fetched” or “impulsive”. He could have stayed home with mommy and daddy and grown his savings account. Deciding to go along and tell her that she “can’t” do it is pretty crappy and problematic behavior IMO.

Sorry, I'm confused. I thought this thread was about the search at Grand Teton National Park, but the comments are about the search for Brian.

Can someone please clarify this? I'm desperate to know more about the search for Gabby. She's been in an unknown place for around 3 weeks now and I'm feeling very frightened about how this will end, assuming they find her. I fear this could go on for months, if she's ever found at all.

Hopes and prayers for Gabby and enormous gratitude from across the pond that people are trying to find her. I have enormous respect for everyone who is trying so hard to find her.

It's because the POI for Gabby missing was Brian Laundrie who also came up missing. If they can't find him, answers are harder to get.

Honestly, thank you for saying this. Needed a reminder. This is not about him.

Is anyone interviewing neighbors?

In my 'hood, we all know when someone's kid is home from college, when their gf/bf is sleeping over, when someone's housekeeper is there (or supposed to be there), when someone is on vacation, when they got new furniture delivered, when they had a plumbing problem, are getting their bathroom remodeled or building a new deck etc etc. I admit, we are a nosey bunch, but there is some safety / security in that as well. Ha ha! We literally have a group chat and it is not at all uncommon for a text like "Does anyone know whose car that is that's been parked on the street all day?"

Anyway, I just can't imagine living on that block and not knowing at least something about BL whereabouts the last few weeks or someone seeing him home in August when he (maybe?) was home, etc. to confirm whether he's even been there at all.

#sigh
Gabby Petito case: Cops search Florida reserve for Brian Laundrie
The family told cops that the park is “a place that he frequents, they also believe this is where he came,” Taylor said. “At this point, we’re going by their word. We’re going by the family’s word of where they think that he’s at.”

Taylor said police believe that his vehicle may have been at the park on Tuesday, though it is now back at his home. He did not know when it was returned.

Laundrie has been silent about his 22-year-old girlfriend’s disappearance since returning to their Florida home alone on Sept. 1 after the two went on a road trip in a van across the country.

Taylor said the fact that Laundrie has outdoors skills after living “off the grid” with Petito for months could complicate the search.

“I don’t know how frequently, if he would come out here and do day long hikes or whatever, you could be out here for months if you wanted,” he said.

I think this is entirely plausible.

I'm going to talk "outloud" and theorize for now.

GP has an "accident" (that's just what I'm calling it) and BL panics and drives x-country home in the van.
9/1 - His parents ask him what happened and he says they broke up and she decided to continue on without him. They knew they were already having problems since he had come home the week in August to take a break and move her stuff into storage.
9/9-9/10 - They do not know GP is missing until they are alerted by GP's family. They are not going to answer the phone until they get the correct story from their son first. He says he left her alive and well but everyone is going to think he had something to do with it. They hire an attorney and are advised not to speak to anybody.
9/11 - GP is reported missing.
9/11-9/13 BL is panicking
9/13?-9/14 Tells his parents he is going to take a hike to get his thoughts together. He drives to the preserve.
9/14 - BL does not arrive home. They drive to preserve and find his car but not him. They drive his car home forcing him to call when he wants to come home (In their minds).
9/14-9/17 BL does not come home.
9/17 BLs parents call the police to report his missing.

pure speculation on my part but I tend to believe that there is no deliberate coverup by the parents and I can see, being a parents myself, to want to protect and believe my child. If my lawyer told me to remain silent, I'm going to remain silent.

It is easy to forget that she has only been officially reported missing for a week; it seems a lot longer than that and he appears to have been "missing" for most of that time.

When was this Mustang last seen at the Laundrie's house? Was it on Monday/Tuesday? Do we know he ACTUALLY went "missing" on Tuesday? Because at this point, I cannot believe a single word uttered from these people.

I'm going to talk "outloud" and theorize for now.

GP has an "accident" (that's just what I'm calling it) and BL panics and drives x-country home in the van.
9/1 - His parents ask him what happened and he says they broke up and she decided to continue on without him. They knew they were already having problems since he had come home the week in August to take a break and move her stuff into storage.
9/9-9/10 - They do not know GP is missing until they are alerted by GP's family. They are not going to answer the phone until they get the correct story from their son first. He says he left her alive and well but everyone is going to think he had something to do with it. They hire an attorney and are advised not to speak to anybody.
9/11 - GP is reported missing.
9/11-9/13 BL is panicking
9/13?-9/14 Tells his parents he is going to take a hike to get his thoughts together. He drives to the preserve.
9/14 - BL does not arrive home. They drive to preserve and find his car but not him. They drive his car home forcing him to call when he wants to come home (In their minds).
9/14-9/17 BL does not come home.
9/17 BLs parents call the police to report his missing.

pure speculation on my part but I tend to believe that there is no deliberate coverup by the parents and I can see, being a parents myself, to want to protect and believe my child. If my lawyer told me to remain silent, I'm going to remain silent.

It is easy to forget that she has only been officially reported missing for a week; it seems a lot longer than that and he appears to have been "missing" for most of that time.
Why did they wait until Saturday to tell LE about the Mustang and their part in moving it? I don't believe anything they say. If LE could legally look, they should check the bank accounts for large, but less than 10k recent withdrawals.

Question?

On GMA did BL's sister Cassie give a reason for her not having spoken to BL?

Was he ever really in that house, at any time since GP has been missing? With Social Media everywhere, not 1 picture of him? How obscure...
I was just about to post the same thing. Looking at his IG he really likes that little nephew who I’m guessing is his sister’s child.
Maybe she didn’t talk to him because he wasn’t there!

Honestly, thank you for saying this. Needed a reminder. This is not about him.

But it is about him. Because if he is not found, then Gabby will not be found. Cold case.

That’s like ignoring a missing serial killer just because it’s “not about the killer”. Well…unfortunately, yes it is.

<modsnip> I'm desperate to know more about the search for Gabby. She's been in an unknown place for around 3 weeks now and I'm feeling very frightened about how this will end, assuming they find her. I fear this could go on for months, if she's ever found at all.

SEP 18, 2021
Gabby Petito case: Rangers searching Grant Teton, Yellowstone for woman (nypost.com)
A team of elite National Park Service rangers are searching Saturday for missing Long Island native Gabby Petito in Grand Teton in Wyoming and another squad may be combing a remote part of nearby Yellowstone, a report said.

The searches in Wyoming are underway at the same time police and FBI officers in Florida are searching a wildlife preserve for Petito’s boyfriend, Brian Laundrie, whose parents say they last saw him Tuesday.

[...]

“There is a group of park rangers that is searching for Gabby Petito in the backcountry of the park,” a Grand Teton Park Ranger told DailyMail.com. “This is the park’s elite search and rescue unit.

[...]

The 310,000 acre Grand Teton park has more than 485 square miles of backcountry, most of which is requires hiking in. “Members of search unit at the park can be air lifted to various remote areas for a search,” the ranger said. “They don’t tell us specifics they sort of do what they do.”

Petito’s stepfather, Jim Schmidt, who is in Wyoming trying to aid the search for her, told DailyMail.com, they are confident she made it to the area, but aren’t sure where she may have been camping.

[...]

The ranger also said he believes “there may also be a search going on in a remote area of Yellowstone National Park.”

It’s not clear where in Yellowstone the rangers might be searching. One 50-square mile section of the park edges over the border into Idaho, which some have called the “zone of death” because of a theory that a murder there.

More in the media thread: WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE No discussion* (websleuths.com)

<modsnip> I'm desperate to know more about the search for Gabby. She's been in an unknown place for around 3 weeks now and I'm feeling very frightened about how this will end, assuming they find her. I fear this could go on for months, if she's ever found at all.

To be honest finding BL will hopefully lead to finding GP... he has all the answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay