Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if Miranda Baker has been vetted yet as a credible source for her claim she picked B up, & he offered to shell out $200 for 10 miles?

If true, if he did offer that fat wad of cash to go 10 miles... that smacks of a person whose judgement is completely out of control. In my experience as a hitchhiker, & as someone who was in Yellowstone recently, that's not really how catching a ride with a stranger works. One might offer a couple bucks for gas, but likely it'll be turned down. 10 miles is nothing. $200 is something.

I think B would actually know as a guy in the van lifestyle, yoga, barefeet, all that, that that's an extremely high amount of money to offer but his judgement was off because he was in a panic. Were he thinking straight, he might have said, hey, here's a fiver, or $10 if you want. Very curious if Miranda is for real. I think she's absolutely believable, but like anyone, I've been had before.
[moo, moop, alltheimhos]

was it 40 miles from Colter Bay to Jackson Hole.... but to Jackson Dam it looks about 10 miles... Doubt he paid her.

Exactly. I don’t think he has been in Florida. I think he started hitchhiking ASAP and paid someone to drive the van back to the reserve they are now searching. Red herring.

This case is wide open right now. I haven’t been around much after getting my heartbroken my first go round, but this young girl is in danger.

Has anyone read Deep Survival by Gonzalez? Here’s the deal: she could be alive. People find backpacks with maps and supplies and survive, young girls have survived plane crashes and walked out of the jungle 2 weeks later alone.

Based on some context clues, I wonder (totally just a feeling bc of the telltale heart posts on IG) if she took a nap and he snuck away, quiet and barefoot, with the keys to her van and her phone and money and paid someone to drive that van home to Florida and abandon it, tell his parents he went to hide and to lawyer up, and who knows where he is.

She could still be alive. She’s scrappy, wouldn’t require many calories to survive, seems like the REI type that might have a life straw, emergency matches, etc in a pocket. I have hope. And that’s something.

RSBM
I'm not sure what you mean when you say seeing LE search for Brian "seems so contrary to who he is and how he thinks." I would say that the vast majority of people would find the police searching for them to be "contrary to who they are"––I don't know anyone who makes being on the lam an integral part of their personality.

Additionally, I am unclear as to how the search makes Brian "feel" is at all relevant. He chose to leave the location LE knew he was at. Had he stayed wherever he was, LE wouldn't have been forced to conduct a search for him, but Brian chose to leave.

RSBM
IMO I think the part about him supposedly being very clean when he got into the couple's van is even more of a red flag than if he had been filthy, since, in Brian's own words (from the body cam footage), "I’m dirty and I can’t change being dirty, like I’ve got dirty feet, I got sand in my flip flops and stuff like that." The fact that he allegedly had been hiking in the woods with only a tarp before the couple picked him up but was unusually clean wouldn't be that weird if he hadn't explicitly stated he's a dirty person. If he had issues with Gabby asking him to clean up before getting in the tent/van, I highly doubt he would keep himself fastidiously clean in the wilderness without her, JMO.

There are showers and laundry at Colter Bay, where they picked him up. Also internet connectivity:

Colter Bay Campground - Grand Teton National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

Exactly and why the talk should stop not trying to defend him just that it is not fact as we know.
She said on camera he had previously locked her out of the van and restricted her access.
He has taken her DL so she could not meet up with friends.
They were reported to the police because he grabbed her "face."
He would tell her she was being "crazy."
He belittled her saying she was not capable of doing the blog/youtube/SM business.
He drove home/left her across the country without bringing her home and isn't helping to find her.

So, I disagree with his being abusive not a fact.

was it 40 miles from Colter Bay to Jackson Hole.... but to Jackson Dam it looks about 10 miles... Doubt he paid her.
I'm not claiming he paid her. I'm relaying what Miranda said in her video.

I am a scientist and a few years back some environmentalists were in Utah and observed some very unusual and surprising behavior from a badger that buried a cow.
I forgot about it until you mentioned that song and location.
Well that sure was enlightening. I wonder if a badger would bury a dead body! Yowza!

Witness said GP was the aggressor. Just to clear that up.
Link please?

A witness told police he saw Laundrie and Petito arguing over the phone. Petito then allegedly struck Laundrie in the arm and attempted to climb into the passenger side of their vehicle after apparently being locked out.

He locks her out of the vehicle...they are out in wilderness type areas and he locks her out of her own vehicle....maybe to drive off...like he apparently did ultimately.
Depends on the definition of aggressor. Abuse takes multiple forms.

Last edited:
I've been wondering what BL's occupation is. What sort of work did BL do for his parents? Do they own a business? Thanks.
I believe his parents own a smoothie, juice shop where B & G worked.

BL may not have been in parent's house for many days, if ever.

Mustang at Preserve was parked there by someone helping family.
Parents and BL concoct story about BL going for a hike.

Then parents pretend to find Mustang by chance at Preserve and drive it
back to their house.
Couple of days later parents notify LE that BL not at their house.

Parents did this to give BL time to put distance between himself and LE.
And to get at least some of the focus of LE off parents.

Parents trying to get LE focus away from their house,
especially after FBI got involved in case......MOO

Thank you. I meant to add my POV / MOO of how I saw Gabby in the hour long police body-cam video.

I feel she was crying over much more than she told LE. That is was from an argument they’d had over “just some small dumb stuff.” Those sobs and tears were from much more than what she said.

It seems her crying was more from being very exhausted or from drug/alcohol use (she claimed they don’t drink). She seemed very frightened at first (of Brian? His fear she might say something to incriminate him?)

After sitting in the police car for quite awhile, she seemed to feel less nervous and possibly safe.

From what I know about mental and physical domestic abuse/violence ( includes my attendance at many seminars and in-service training)…. Gabby acted just like I’ve seen many times in women who’ve been abused by a controlling, gas-lighting partner.

They’re told over and over by the abuser that they deserved it, that it was their fault. And if reported, the victim “will be sorry!” Gabby said several times that the argument was her fault, and that she caused Brian to swerve and hit the curb! She admitted that she had OCD and little things upset her and caused her anxiety. She never blamed Brian for anything.

However, Brian acted as though he was always the calm, appropriate, de-escalating one of the two. He said several times that he had suggested to Gabby that they needed to just calm down and separate for a short while. (Such a good therapist!!)

They both acted as though they were totally ok with being separated for the night. Odd over an argument about “some small dumb stuff”.

I was expecting one of them to say…. “Can I give him/her a quick hug before I leave?” ‍♀️
There is no evidence to show drug/alcohol abuse with Gabby or BL. This is not fair to Gabby as a victim and against TOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radiodial