Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great point. If park entrsnces
While the thread was paused, I did a little research.

First was on the 2012 Ford Transit van they were driving. Black boxes in vehicles started to become more standard in vehicles manufactured after 2000.
Unfortunately, Black Boxes were not in Ford Transit Vans until 2013.
Ford — Black Box Recovery | Independent Crash-Data Lab

The other observation I made is that there are security cameras at all of the entrances to National Parks. I can't track down this exact information so consider this JMO. Cameras at entrances to NP's were recently used to try to track down an Irish visitor that vanished in the Park.
Rangers get new tips in search for missing man in Grand Teton; NPS still seeking public's help

Hopes and prayers there will be resolution for Gabby's family and that the Irish tourist will be found.

JMO
great point with that information they should be able to see when the van came snd exited. Possibly narrowing the search

The threads are moving so fast so I know it has probably already been discussed. IMO BL never came back to Florida he called his parents or other relatives from somewhere else could have been anywhere between Wyoming and Florida to pick up van. Now if BL did come back to Florida his parents drove him to the reserve and someone else picked him up from there.

There a ton of things we can't speculate and insisting what we think real a bit of a disservice. We can't deduce this relationship beyond what we know and start making things up, we can't psychologically profile either of these people from what we have and the profiles i have seen made are way, way off base.

Any decent professional will tell you that it can take days to years of real person contact to really psychoanalyze someone. It's a outright lie for anyone of us to start saying mania, narcissist, extremely abusive relationship, extreme depression, mind control etc, etc.. We shouldn't be lying like this to make ourselves feel better. We need to stick to the facts and when we run out of facts we need to dig and dig until we have more. That's sleuthing..

This has been my hypothesis as well. It's not far-fetched to imagine that they completely believe whatever he's told them about the circumstances of needing to come home, so now their goal is to protect him at all costs until the second he's charged with a crime. Not knowing where he is is excellent protection for all three of them as well, both

Hi Gardener!!!

I agree! It was planned out that he knew the reserve well and was to meet someone there that could keep him hidden until things calmed down—-except he never made it to the meeting place and momma and daddy didn’t find out until 2 days later that he didn’t meet up with the intended party. So momma and daddy had no choice but to notify the police. Now the shoe is on the other foot, and they get to experience the pain and suffering Gabby’s family has been going thru. I have to commend Gabby’s parents for staying so reserved—I don’t know that I could do that—I’d be breaking the door down to get to that kid!!

JMJO

Seriously, this kid is dumber than a box of rocks when picking a place in nature to hide. He is most definitely at risk - mother nature is cruel. He's lived here for years. Has he never heard of Rothenbach Park, Blind Pass Beach, South Lido Beach Park???? You might run into the random fat iguana, snakes and mosquitoes but not usually panthers, bears, and not likely many gators. Don't swim at dusk so you're not shark bait. He could have taken a county bus for a few bucks and hid out for quite some time. In the daylight there's bathrooms, grills, etc. He would blend right in with the homeless population.
Reasons I believe he is not even there....unless he brought along a rope.
Kid wouldn't even last a night imo.

Great point. If park entrsnces
While the thread was paused, I did a little research.

First was on the 2012 Ford Transit van they were driving. Black boxes in vehicles started to become more standard in vehicles manufactured after 2000.
Unfortunately, Black Boxes were not in Ford Transit Vans until 2013.
Ford — Black Box Recovery | Independent Crash-Data Lab

The other observation I made is that there are security cameras at all of the entrances to National Parks. I can't track down this exact information so consider this JMO. Cameras at entrances to NP's were recently used to try to track down an Irish visitor that vanished in the Park.
Rangers get new tips in search for missing man in Grand Teton; NPS still seeking public's help

Hopes and prayers there will be resolution for Gabby's family and that the Irish tourist will be found.

JMO
great point with that information they should be able to see when the van came snd exited. Possibly narrowing the search
The threads are moving so fast so I know it has probably already been discussed. IMO BL never came back to Florida he called his parents or other relatives from somewhere else could have been anywhere between Wyoming and Florida to pick up van. Now if BL did come back to F
Voluntary video surveillance from the community should be able to confirm this

I was kind of hoping the "who is the abuser" conversation died when we re-opened the thread but since it hasn't I'm going to bring this forward with some more comments.

IMO the totality of the evidence we have shows they were both being abusive to each other.

THEY BOTH put marks on each other.
ONE officer determined that Gabby was the “primary aggressor”. I’m super supportive of LE in most instances However, IMO that officer made a bad call in calling Gabby the aggressor because NO ONE ever asked Gabby when the injury to her face occurred so a timeline isn't clearly established. That officer did not contribute to the police report and the officers that did contribute state it was a mental health episode and not domestic violence. Everyone here is talking about looking at this incident with a bias from their own lives without considering that officer that determined that Gabby was the primary aggressor stated that his ex wife and him had these issues and he himself could have been biased.

Transcribed from body cam video
9:04
Officer: "Did he hit you"
GP : "He liked grabbed me" (puts hands to face grabbing to demonstrate)
Officer: “Don't worry, be honest”
GP: “He like .. he like this .... (puts hands on face grabbing again) He didn't like hit me (makes punching motion) (inaudible)
Officer: Did he slap your face or what?”
GP: “He like grabbed (inaudible) it cut me here ... (strokes left cheek) ... I can feel it now ... *starts crying* (see photo - this mark is exactly where she's touching her face)”

12:24
Officer: “This officer noticed you have marks on your face”
BL : “ I put marks on her too “

21:08
Officer giving witness statement : He said he never saw the male strike the female. He saw the male trying to lock her out of the vehicle ..... he hung her backpack on the back probably so she'd have her *expletive* ... the witness is saying I never saw him hit her I saw him shove her he couldn't say if it was an aggression against her or a defense against her.

From Police Report :
Officer Eric Pratt : "It wasn't clear, but I believe it was reported the male had been observed to have assaulted the female" "It appears this incident is more accurately categorized as a mental health break than a domestic assault"

Officer Robbins:
Christoper stated that Brian got into the van, he saw what appeared to him as Gabby hitting Brian in the arm and then climbing through the driver side window as if Brian had locked her out and she was trying to find a way in.

Brian said Gabby thinking he was going to leave her in Moab without a ride , went to slap him. As Gabby started to swing Brian pushed her away to avoid the slap. But she still caught his face leaving some visible scratches.

After evaluating the totality of the circumstances I do NOT believe the situation escalated to the level of domestic assault as much as that of a mental health crisis .

They did BOTH have their own cell phones in case of emergency.

————
We also have witness testimony that BL was controlling to Gabby. Including limiting her friends, taking her ID and limiting her activities (Gabby Petito's best friend claims Brian Laundrie was jealous and controlling | Daily Mail Online)

And we KNOW that BL left her somewhere, returned to FL alone and is now on the run.
Thank you. "mental health crisis", and no one offered this young woman mental health services

There a ton of things we can't speculate and insisting what we think real a bit of a disservice. We can't deduce this relationship beyond what we know and start making things up, we can't psychologically profile either of these people from what we have and the profiles i have seen made are way, way off base.

Any decent professional will tell you that it can take days to years of real person contact to really psychoanalyze someone. It's a outright lie for anyone of us to start saying mania, narcissist, extremely abusive relationship, extreme depression, mind control etc, etc.. We shouldn't be lying like this to make ourselves feel better. We need to stick to the facts and when we run out of facts we need to dig and dig until we have more. That's sleuthing..

Thanks for this!! Whatever some of us have experienced in the past....still does not make us an expert!

its storming and if he is dead heat sensors wont do anygood, also im sure they are wore slap out!
It's not storming here right now. NPPD said they stopped searching bc it was dark. Not sure why they wouldn't do thermal in the dark.
IMO

Why can’t LE use thermal heat sensors at night? They found lost hikers here in SoCal a few years ago in local mountains.

Maybe because in Florida there can be a lot of thunder & lightning storms.
It's not safe for helicopters to be buzzing around in that.

Also, the main search should be for Gabby. We need to know what happened there.

Brian isn't likely to tell the truth, even if LE do find him. Even his parents have lied to cover up his lies.

There are no grizzly bears in Tahoe. Nor in California or Nevada.

It's really unpleasant to hear bears maligned when the number of California black bears is being reduced (same in other parts of the west - no grizzlies in CO either).

However, I have personally seen two grizzlies near Colter Bay. I would never sleep in a tent in Teton or Yellowstone - but this pair didn't have to. And you're not going to find bears in general out in prairie land.

Gabby did not go to Yosemite and even if she did, no grizzly bears.

Ever hear of the old burglar trick? Start a fire in the police station first, then go rob the bank.
In this case send a hoard of police to a gator haven searching for a person "in danger" - while he's napping comfortably at a relative's house in parts unknown.
Do the same for a missing girl whose body could be on the side of the road in a ditch in Alabama.

The thing that's so hinky for me is that the Mustang was gone all day Tuesday and then back as of Wednesday. As I've posted in the prior thread, Brian Entin (on scene reporter) said he thought it may have arrived back late Tuesday night.

Why would the parents get the car at the Reserve so late and and drive it home? Because they didn't want to be seen. There is no plausible explanation in my mind that has his parents driving the car back to their place that isn't part of a plan, especially with a three day wait to report him missing. I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt, but...

Here we are.

MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members