Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In fact, that's kind of the whole point. He gets away and mom and dad look innocent and oblivious. imo
Yep. Note they made a decision to highlight the mustang being at the reserve, and their driving it back....but they waited until Saturday to confess, er, tell that to the cops. They wanted the mustang to be "recorded" there, just that their word is worthless now IMO

We don’t know what Gabby told her parents when he was in Florida for those few days. We don’t know what Gabby told her family when she was on the phone with them (mom, I think) the day they got pulled over. We don’t know if they broke up. And if they did we don’t know who broke up with who or who told their family what, if they even told them at all. We also don’t know how comfortable Gabby’s parents would’ve been with the idea of her carrying on with the trip with some people she just met (if that’s what she maybe did). It all comes down to us not knowing these privy details. With that said, it could easily have been a situation where Brian didn’t feel comfortable saying anything to her parents before she did or didn’t want to say anything to conflict with whatever story she’d maybe tell them later. In that case I can see him not wanting to get her in trouble with her folks if her continuing on with the trip without him would've been an issue. And maybe by the time he realized he should’ve just spoken up because something may have happened to her after their parting of ways it was too late. Because in hindsight saying silent to protect her was obviously a terrible mistake. I could see how the guilt of something like that would outweigh any urgency to speak as terrible as it sounds. JMO

IMO the flaw with this argument is that BL continues to stay silent, and in effect, is staying in hiding, despite him realizing that many people think he killed Gabby. If he was not guilty of her death, he would speak up to tell what he knows. He hasn't done that, which speaks volumes about what happened.

Maybe, maybe not ?

Found this, which answers most of my other questions:

Boyfriend of missing Gabby Petito returned to Florida alone 10 DAYS before she was reported missing | Daily Mail Online

She's (Nichole Schmith Gabby's mother) also questioning Brian's trip back to Florida in August to help his father move their belongings out of a storage unit.

Brian left Gabby in the Fairfield Inn in Salt Lake City and flew back home to Florida from August 17 to the 23 to help his father empty out a storage unit where he and Gabby had their things.

According to Schmidt, Brian's father offered to let them keep their belongings at his house so they wouldn't have to pay for the storage unit.

He left Gabby at the hotel so she, understandably, wouldn't be alone in the van. Brian then flew back to Utah and they left the hotel together on August 24.

Schmidt now wonders why it was necessary to move Gabby's things during their road trip and what became of her stuff.

'Where are her things?' she asked.

who’s name was on the storage unit? Was it BL or the parents?

Does anyone else think it's weird that we have not heard from any of their friends?
Some of GP’s friends have discussed the fact that she has many friends. Like the one who was expecting them to meet up with her for her birthday, I believe on Aug 29?

I haven’t seen any posts discussing his friends.

Thinking out loud here, but wondering if he could be in hiding at a friend or relatives house and his parents thought he went hiking. BL heads out to the park where he hikes, gets picked up relative or friend here . Completely throwing everyone off, while they search this Park. IDK, just my thoughts, MOO MOO

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

We do not have any evidence that she contacted anyone after August 27. She missed her best friend's birthday on August 29. For someone who lived her life online and had dreams of being a full-time blogger and social media influencer, going completely off the grid for over 3 weeks is extremely out of character and unexplainable.

Victimology is important in law enforcement. You look at a victim's behavior, family history, friends to see patterns as to what they do. According to everyone who knows her, it is completely out of character for her to be out of contact with her friends and family.

That's why no one is discussing it. It's not strange, it's being reasonable based on the evidence released. LE has even more information than we do and they don't seem to be considering it either.

With good cause. They have hoards of people protesting outside their front door. You wouldn’t hear from me either, in that situation.

One call to WFLA and they could have an interview arranged inside their home in a heartbeat.
This being afraid of protesters is ridiculous. Your son is in a game preserve stocked with gators and enough mosquitoes to exsanguinate every drop of blood from him.
Not a peep.

….to add to the reasons Brian’s parents probably aren’t saying anything—IMHOO there’s a very good chance he committed suicide, and they may very well know or suspect it. No reason to beg for his return or go out and look if that’s the case.

I was thinking along these lines as well. What upsets me is I truly don't have a solid opinion one way or the other. Since there's no proof of crime yet, I go through the "what-ifs" in my head. What if he really didn't do anything, that she had an accident & he got scared & ran. I know that's not good at all. It would just suck for everyone if she died by accident & he killed himself. It would be so tragic.

I guess I do lean more towards he done something because none of this is adding up for me. The weird flight regarding the storage locker situation, the showing up & not saying a word, ignoring GP's parents pleas, the sister being kept away, having a real estate attorney trying to sort this stuff, the fact that there aren't lots of people coming forward in regards to who GP & BL were as people save for one of GP's friends, etc. There's just so much that doesn't add up.

I just don't know; it's doing my head in.

IMO the flaw with this argument is that BL continues to stay silent, and in effect, is staying in hiding, despite him realizing that many people think he killed Gabby. If he was not guilty of her death, he would speak up to tell what he knows. He hasn't done that, which speaks volumes about what happened.
I disagree. He has just as much reason to stay quiet if he was not involved in G going missing for whatever reason. Because no matter what he says or does, people will still point the finger at him and as was discussed in the previous thread, the smart thing is to say nothing that can be used against you.

He’s dammed if he does and dammed if he doesn’t IMO. Because more than half the world (probably) has already come to the conclusion that he killed her so anything he says at this point wouldn’t sway them from thinking otherwise. And not to mention, as far as we the public know LE has no other leads, if any at all, so that doesn’t help the optics in his case either.

Last edited:
Interior width of a transit is about 6 feet +/-. Their bed looks to be, say, two-thirds(?) of that... so, maybe just shy of 4 feet +/-. Cozy, I suppose.

The difficult thing about small vehicle camping is that one space has to constantly be converted for different uses (sleeping, traveling, lounging, cooking, eating, etc.) So supplies and personal items laundry, bedding, etc. are constantly being moved around… with really no significant permanent storage areas. Tracking in a mess of dirt is constant.

It is easier with one person, or if staying at paved “resort” campsites ($$$) with shower / restroom facilities and restaurants nearby... but it is really hard on a couple, especially camping in the rough with little money.

It would be easier if the van was basically just used as storage and they always slept in a tent… but that doesn’t work while moving between campsites, or sleeping at Walmarts and rest stations etc.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

We do not have any evidence that she contacted anyone after August 27. She missed her best friend's birthday on August 29. For someone who lived her life online and had dreams of being a full-time blogger and social media influencer, going completely off the grid for over 3 weeks is extremely out of character and unexplainable.

Victimology is important in law enforcement. You look at a victim's behavior, family history, friends to see patterns as to what they do. According to everyone who knows her, it is completely out of character for her to be out of contact with her friends and family.

That's why no one is discussing it. It's not strange, it's being reasonable based on the evidence released. LE has even more information than we do and they don't seem to be considering it either.

I thought the first reports after 9/11/21 indicated her mother didn't think anything was wrong despite not hearing from her for over a week, give or take, because she went off the grid on these trips. Of course she had trusted the info she apparently got from BL and/or his parents, so didn't have suspicions then.

I could be wrong.

Yup. The damage has been done. No undoing that now. In fact, things have only gotten worse since then, with the huge delay in also reporting their son missing.
Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see a "huge delay."
If his parents said they saw him on Tuesday night when he said he was going for a hike, think it's fair to say he would have waited til daylight on Wed. to hike? If he wasn't back by Wed. night and the parents wanted to file a missing person report at that time, they would have had to wait 24 hours. They filed a missing person's report on Thursday night. Where's the "huge delay?"

It bothers me that the video of the couple driving past the van is edited. Could you watch it again and opine whether or not the doors were open as the couple were coming up the road, then edited, then the doors are closed as they drive by?

If I was alone in the van I would close the doors if I saw people approaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper