Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel sad that the last video we have of her is in police bodycam footage crying and being distraught and upset after getting pulled over by LE because of her arguments with BL.

And when I think how BL managed to hoodwink those Utah cops and play it all cool and pal like with them....grrrr!
I wish they could've said "Why is your girlfriend so hysterical and upset, what are you doing to her?"

Suspicions should've been raised, but weren't. And the cops were talking about arresting Gabby and putting HER in jail!!!

I just can't.....

Gabby Petito live: Father pays tribute as FBI says body found is likely blogger’s

LIVE Updates

Brian Laundrie’s family has released a statement
Brian Laundrie’s family has made a statement, released via their attorney. NewsNationNow‘s Brian Entin reports they said: “The news about Gabby Petito is heartbreaking. The Laundrie family prays for Gabby and her family.”

….

Gabby Petito’s father posts touching tribute to his daughter on Twitter
The father of Gabby Petito has posted a tribute to his daughter on Twitter, as condolences poured in.

Joseph Petito shared an image of Ms Petito beaming as she stood in front of a mural of colourful angel wings, with a bag slung over her shoulder.

He captioned the post with a broken heart and the words: “#GABBYPETITOshe touched the world.”

….

FBI statement says investigation still ‘ongoing and active'
A statement released by the FBI says the area around the Spread Creek Dispersed Camping Area will remain closed to the public until further notice, stating “this still an active and ongoing investigation.”

The live update has concluded and we will share a recording soon. Our statement is attached & we have no additional comment at this time. #FBIDenver & our partners extend our condolences to Gabby's family. We thank the public for your generous support of this investigation. pic.twitter.com/kZiSVmJtqv

Just a small but nice thing to consider... That couple who spotted and filmed the van, that presumably led to finding Gabby... Recall they were on an outing memorializing their lost son. A small ray of light in the dark tragedy, that their touching way of grieving ended up helping another newly grieving family in a small but very important way. Regards.

When people talk about two different justice systems, this is what they're talking about. If Brian came from a different background, he would have been brought in for questioning last week (even if he refused to answer questions). LE gets search warrants and arrests people on the flimsiest evidence regularly. Poor and marginalized people are harassed by constant LE contact all the time over non-violent issues.

If every defendant was treated like BL, I wouldn't complain. But that's just not the case.

I may have to take a walk shortly.. having difficulties with the site, the most crucial one right now is that my ignore button isn't working.
Very hard to keep my lips zipped.

Rest in peace dear Gabby....may you and your loving family have justice.
Seriously I can’t get the ignore button to work either and I usually never use it because I work on the media and timelines - in this case I will make an exception when the functionally to ignore members returns to WS

Did anyone watching the live feed see a larger tent that looks to be a full covered one too - not the white “top-only” one being set up during the feed. Can someone help me with what I saw, as I only was able to watch a short time? Thanks.

I saw that too but I dont think they ever addressed what it was.

Abusive men target mentally ill women as partners because they think it’s easier to make the woman dependent on him and unlikely to leave if he acts (at first) as the caring partner who can help her through her tough times. Of course, having an easily manipulated and gaslit woman underfoot is only fun as long as he’s able to “handle” her, right?

So, when she isn’t rather than just breaking up like a normal person he has to murder her then run home to mommy and daddy like a scared little baby?

I’m so angry. I’ve known too many men like this in my life.

100%! And then they use that instability to cast doubt on whatever the “crazy” partner says about them: “Come on. You know how she is. Are you really going to believe her?”

I’ve seen it so many times. They also use it to make the victim doubt their own perceptions.

Didn’t this guy pantomime “crazy” when talking to the park officials?

Billy Jensen's book, Chase Darkness with Me, covered how he thought LE needed to embrace digital media platforms to share images of suspects and requests for information in open cases. He talked about how the spread of CCTV, private security cameras, and people recording and posting images and videos can help bring in evidence in open cases. I think this case is a good example of it - crowd sourcing images and videos at specific places give LE more contemporaneous evidence to help narrow down places to look.

Jensen runs campaigns using targeted Facebook ads to ask people in specific limited areas - like blocks of where a crime occurred - to try to get people to identify unknown people from surveillance videos. It is interesting to see how it works.
Thank you for mentioning this book. It sounds very interesting and I have added it to my to-read list!

This might be a dumb question but how did Gabby and Brian get these shots of the van? Was one of them on some kind of mountain looking down?!

Remote controlled drone cameras likely took the aerial footage. You can purchase them for various $$$ online. Various city codes, rules, and laws apply within city and county limits about flying them in airspace where planes fly and where neighbors live Etc…

Thank you for reminding me about the ignore button. I often forget I have that option.
Yes, I feel the same. I am both sad but also relieved for her parents.
WS may be slow tonight, but the ignore button is a fantastic feature that makes it go much more quickly!

Ultimately, I am glad they found her, although I did try to hold out some hope that she was alive somewhere.

IMO, any relationship capable of physical responses will not get better without ending or professional help. They had a physical altercation, it's a shame that the next step was a continuation of an obviously stressful journey. While I am shocked at the horrible result, I don't see how some level of bad (and more violence) would not have resulted.

I doubt that any DV ever ends with a one time incident, without escalating in the future.

Humans a complex. Sometimes, we end up hurting those we love the most because they hurt us the most.

Can I say this now?

Reactive abuse is a symptom of domestic violence.

Those officers in Moab need retraining stat.

Thank you for this. So much more training is needed, but biases prevent this from being a top public health priority. Sad.

Attachments

• upload_2021-9-19_18-31-57.png
    upload_2021-9-19_18-31-57.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 40
I do hope they took his money. Small consolation but at least he was slightly poorer. :mad:

They did not take his money, IIRC.

The original written account of the story wasn’t actually clear on this point; but I think one of them (giver or receiver) changed their minds.

Either he promised it verbally and took it back/ never actually handed it over; or she was so anxious to get him out of her car that she willingly forfeited or forgot about it.

Don't see it that way myself. What I see is a son who called them from Wyoming & who told them he had accidentally killed Gabby during an argument. Any remotely decent people would have told him then to stay out, they were coming out, but that he would have to turn himself into LE & explain what happened. No kind of parent I can understand would be willing to put Gabby's parents through the hell of not knowing where their precious child was, and no person I can understand would have been ok with Gabby being left out there alone.

BOOM. THISSSSSSS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member