Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't recall hearing anything about a grizzly bear being seen around the burial site. Also there was a video taken from a helicopter which showed the location of the body--I saw no indication of any grizzly bear caching anywhere.
The very first report of the elk spotters finding a van I believe also noted there was an observation of a grizzly digging up a "buried kill" in the area. I don't know exactly where it was, but I'd have to think it was in the general 20 x 20 miles of the area around Spread Creek, east of Highway 191.

I hesitated to mention it in the context of GP being missing, because I didn't want to think too much about it.

I was actually thinking more about it trying to pierce together his story about sleeping out on the Snake River when he got the ride hitchhiking.

I'll wait for the final LE report on the case to see if this was ever pertinent.

I went against attorney advice once & contacted the opposing party to see if we could work together. Sometimes it's just plain good to have the ability to think for oneself. Sometimes common sense needs to prevail. I can't imagine the ongoing *horror* G's parents were put through by B's family's actions [moocow]
Exactly this. Why couldn't they talk AT THE ABSOLUTE VERY LEAST to Gabby's family? Not talking to LE can be suspicious depending on the circumstance (especially these circumstances), but not totally dubious. This is the fact that is the most suspicious to me, the most disgusting to me. Why not talk to them? Say....anything? Tell them, "We don't know, he's not talking." Tell them whatever it is he told you, even if you suspect it's a lie. Tell them you want to get lawyers involved, and you can hash it out afterwards. Tell them SOMETHING. They ignored Gabby's family's desperate pleas for information and help. This is a parents' worst nightmare, and the Laundries' left Gabby's family to suffer alone and in the dark.

How long does it typically take to get a cause/manner of death back?
If she had been dead for 19 days then significant decomposition likely had occurred. If her murder was caused by say, manual strangulation, there may have been too much time passed to determine a COD. Blunt force trauma, on the other hand, might still be evident on her remains.

The best thing BL's lawyer can do is arrange for him to give himself up. After that, BL will be beating lawyers off with a stick. THIS is going to be a VERY big case.
Brian isn't out of the running by a long shot.
Over the years, we've seen many (what were considered) slam dunk cases end up in acquittal. Obviously, BL's parents aren't entertaining that possibility, because their lawyer has gone the clam up route. In doing so, he's made his client look guiltier than he might have seemed if he fessed up with an excuse and a map with an X on it.
He's also managed to demonize the parents by leaving the public seething with hate at the mention of their names.

The lawyer is an amateur. This is what happens when you get really bad legal advice. His inability to assess the situation properly has caused unnecessary heartache and hardship to his clients and the family of the victim.

“Not sure how anyone can view BL as the victim. He returned home with Gabby's van alive.
Must be the same folks who are diehard Chris Watt fans that view the giant baby man as the true victim.” Copy and pasted from last thread (X_Files) Are you serious? People support that man who killed his own babies? Good Gravy I’ve heard it all now. Condolences to all who loved Gabby.

Just before the site got really slow this afternoon, someone posted a news link saying that the Mustang had been served with a parking notice by police on Tuesday and that is why it was removed by the parents.

Can't find the post or remember who made it. Anyone remember?

I judge them harshly because they did not answer any of Gabby's parents desperate calls. As a parent, I find that indefensible.

I always do everything possible to love and protect my children and grandchildren. But if one of them placed one of their friends in a dangerous and vulnerable position, and the parents reached out to me for help, I would not ignore their calls.

Their son came home alone, WITH HER VAN, and they did not tell her parents. Weeks went by and they did not give them any info about their missing daughter. I don't need 'the full story' to know that was cold hearted.

Even if they fought and she ran off into the woods alone, or he accidentally hurt her or she ran off to another guy's camper---whatever explanation they were given---they had a responsibility, AS HUMAN BEINGS, to share necessary information with her frantic parents. JMO
Can we just start with the fact that the LE video shows him as controlling and abusive?

Next, can everyone admit that he is THIEF? He stole her van and left her. Likely left her dead.

His parents cover for him and get him an attorney to put a shield between their son, them and the police.

Despicable!

I wish LE in FL would have arrested him for theft at the very least.

Newbie but I have not been able to find any source for a burial site, shallow grave, covered hole, displaced dirt. etc.

As per the aerial footage, the LE tent was opened up and then placed in a small clearing nearby where investors were leaning over.

There is no disturbed earth that I was able to discern in any of the aerial videos including the entirety of the KSLTV Chopper 5 extended footage. If anything, I found the footage to indicate the opposite.

Last edited:
THANK YOU for this. It really bugs me when people say, "Oh that's all circumstantial evidence" as if it's not real evidence. Fingerprints are circumstantial. DNA is circumstantial. People hear "circumstantial evidence" and think it's not real evidence and not good enough to prove guilt or get a conviction with, but it very often is.

Exactly. If I turn up to your house, soaked from head to toe, shaking water off an umbrella, you as a reasonable person can reasonably deduce that it’s raining outside, without even looking out the window. That’s circumstantial evidence and it’s actually very powerful in criminal cases. It’s often considered more reliable than direct eyewitness testimony as eye witness accounts are actually notoriously unreliable.

If BL is charged with her murder, where would those charge come from - Wyoming? Florida? New York? How does that work. TIA

It would be where the crime occurred. So if they determine it happened in Bridger-Teton or Grand Teton, it would be the United States Attorney for the District of Wyoming. The Feds have jurisdiction over crimes that happen in the National Parks located within Wyoming.

As they shoul
I think whether or not LE handled the situation appropriately is a really important conversation to have.

My postings over the years here are evidence enough that I am no reflexive defender of LE, but in this instance I genuinely don't understand the sometimes ferocious criticism of how they handled things.

They are LE, not social workers, and they don't make up the rules. Did they take the situation seriously? From what I saw, yes, they did. They took their time. They spoke to Gabby & Brian separately. They listened. They didn't downplay that whatever was going on between the two of them was serious enough that they really did need to be separated for the night. Imo they tried to make Brian comfortable because he *was* as a clearcut matter of law, the victim in the only situation they were being asked to apply the law to. In that, what he said and what she said did not diverge.

Did they do the wrong thing by not charging her? If so, from what I saw, it was in spite of them trying to do what they thought was the right thing, for both Gabby & Brian. IMO, it is in any case grossly unfair to lay any responsibility for her death on MOAB LE. From what I saw of LE at that scene, my guess is they're all likely second guessing themselves and feeling horrible.
As they should be. Perhaps “social work” should be added to their policy academy training.

For all travel / trail apps, it is normal to pick a fake location as home.

Protects from stalkers and other characters.

I have a garmin locator with a public building as home.

So

Ir was my understanding that you set your location when you open the account. Gabby was in Puerto Rico per one of her 2019 Instagram posts. I’ll have to double check. If not…
Your post is both so sad and so true. I strongly believe domestic violence is one of the most difficult aspects of LE to train officers in.

IMO, some type of domestic violence is often involved before the murders of women.

JMO

IMO the training should be for couples/individuals as well. It should be engrained into peoples minds that violence in a relationship is a red flag. Seek help and stop now.

I have thought a lot about the LE response. Hide site is always easy, but they have to follow the laws. There was stated not injury, and no intent of injury. Too bad they were not both arrested, however, it may have only prolonged the end result, without them ending the relationship and receiving help.

Exactly this. Why couldn't they talk AT THE ABSOLUTE VERY LEAST to Gabby's family? Not talking to LE can be suspicious depending on the circumstance (especially these circumstances), but not totally dubious. This is the fact that is the most suspicious to me, the most disgusting to me. Why not talk to them? Say....anything? Tell them, "We don't know, he's not talking." Tell them whatever it is he told you, even if you suspect it's a lie. Tell them you want to get lawyers involved, and you can hash it out afterwards. Tell them SOMETHING. They ignored Gabby's family's desperate pleas for information and help. This is a parents' worst nightmare, and the Laundries' left Gabby's family to suffer alone and in the dark.
I agree. They could have hired their son an attorney. I would have too. At the same time, they could have messaged Gabby's parents and said, Brian came home but Gabby wasn't with him.

Body matching description of missing Gabby Petito found in remote area of Wyoming

This is just about all I can find in regards to specifics on where the body was found.

The body was discovered in a remote area of the Bridger-Teton National Forest, near the Spread Creek Dispersed campground where law enforcement officials had directed their search, FBI spokesman Charles Jones said.

The site was not far from where two travel bloggers filmed the couple's van, seemingly abandoned, along a dirt road near Spread Creek on the evening of Aug. 27, two days after Petito's last confirmed contact with her family.

Officials: Body found in Wyoming believed to be Gabby Petito

•An undeveloped camping area on the east side of Grand Teton bordering national forest land
•around some camping sites located on Grand Teton National Park’s eastern boundary, the same site that was the subject of law enforcement search efforts over the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlacath