Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not be so quick to blame B.L's parents.What if they had really tried to get the information from him but he just would not talk about it.You can't force someone to talk.Maybe they tried and tried and just could not get him to talk about it.
Then respond to her parent's calls and tell them that. Tell them everything you do know. Help them figure out where their missing daughter is. She was their son's fiancé and was last seen with him.

I think they were afraid to find out what happened...:eek:

Snipped and bolded above by me: This is the problem, and what I've been trying to say all along in various places, so thank you for that. This has been the problem all along, IMO:

Whether benign or sinister, motivated by mental illness or not, Brian has never, not for one known moment in the commencement of the world's knowledge, analysis and worry about their actions, displayed unconditional love towards Gabby, IMO.

Nothing Brian has done or said since he and his family "lawyered up", regardless of their legal rights, has in fact indicated the kind of unconditional love a future spouse should have for one another. None of it.

Instead, everything has been the reactive behavior of a wretch looking to save his sorry hide; and for that I absolutely do judge him. He's apparently like every stock horror-movie-character "heel" who turns and runs from his deceased companion/mate because he can't help them any more once the monster has them in their claws; and because his sole issue is self-protection.

JMO, IMO, all the moo's.
I'm fairly late to this case, but this pretty much sums up my take on it. I don't believe in looking askance at someone for lawyering up in any legal situation because it's the smart thing to do to protect yourself, innocent or not, and it is your right to do so. But everything else he's done is not the mark of an innocent man nor a man who cares for his fiancee's well-being.

The best thing BL's lawyer can do is arrange for him to give himself up. After that, BL will be beating lawyers off with a stick. THIS is going to be a VERY big case.
Brian isn't out of the running by a long shot.
Over the years, we've seen many (what were considered) slam dunk cases end up in acquittal. Obviously, BL's parents aren't entertaining that possibility, because their lawyer has gone the clam up route. In doing so, he's made his client look guiltier than he might have seemed if he fessed up with an excuse and a map with an X on it.
He's also managed to demonize the parents by leaving the public seething with hate at the mention of their names.

The lawyer is an amateur. This is what happens when you get really bad legal advice. His inability to assess the situation properly has caused unnecessary heartache and hardship to his clients and the family of the victim.
BBM
Yes, many of us thought Casey Anthony would be convicted also.

Hi all! Long time lurker finally choosing to chime in...

What got me hooked by Gabby's disappearance, other than Brian heading back to Florida without her and lawyering up immediately, was the body cam footage most have referenced. Like many who have commented before me, I am also a survivor of abuse (mostly emotional and gaslighting), but have also fallen prey to reactive abuse where the abuser turns everything around on you.

I'll admit, I've only been able to watch that body cam footage once because BL's demeanor is so eerily similar to how my ex would act when I would reach out to friends for help, even when they'd hear me crying in the background, he would act like all was fine.

In my humble opinion, we may find that this was a crime of passion and opportunity. His actions after fleeing to Florida don't back up any other logic, imo.They still don't support any other logical scenario, imo, other than he was to blame.

Thank you all for your posts, links, research thus far. Its helped me process this whole story a bit more easily. MOO.
BBM. I really dislike that term. It is a crime of murder from rage and a desire to control. IMO.

Why is law enforcement suspending the search for BL upon learning of the discovery of poor Gabby's remains. I understand the idea of showing some respect for her family, but I think this should light a fire under their butts to try and find him as quick as possible?
They suspended the search for the night because it got dark. They will resume in the morning. MOO

This throws my timeline into possible "Edit ville" because given what we have learned today it seems that when he was hitchhiking "back to the van" on the 29th he was not returning from doing the supposed "act" but rather, he might have been returning from ditching his clothing and other evidence.

There is no doubt that the police search does not end here. They need to comb along snake river and trails up to Colter Bay to see if they can find his clothing and anything else (including discarded blunt objects).

To the user who asked about the slowness of this site — IT’S DEF NOT JUST YOU (which is super frustrating because if I have to deal with the annoying pop-up videos that massively drain my battery and can’t seem to get rid of no matter how many I install on my phone, I should not also be dealing with a non-responsive server. BUT… I understand this case is generating a much higher than normal traffic load, so I guess I can let it go this time. ;)

PS. I’ve been following along with the threads in this case as best as any reasonable non-robot could be expected to (considering the rate of discussion and the lagging server), but things have been moving too fast for me to add anything meaningful.

<rsbm>

Many, if not most convictions are based on heavy circumstantial evidence, not so much direct evidence.

Difference between circumstantial evidence and direct evidence is that circumstantial is evidence that is open to reasonable interpretation by a reasonable person reviewing it (i.e. even autopsy results are circumstantial because they are open to interpretation, whether by the medical examiner, LE, or the public). Direct evidence on the other hand does not require interpretation (eye witness accounts, surveillance video of the murder).

Yes, for sure, that's all true as well.

I judge them harshly because they did not answer any of Gabby's parents desperate calls. As a parent, I find that indefensible.

I always do everything possible to love and protect my children and grandchildren children. But if one of them placed one of their friends in a dangerous and vulnerable position, and the parents reached out to me for help, I would not ignore their calls.

Their son came home alone, WITH HER VAN, and they did not tell her parents. Weeks went by and they did not give them any info about their missing daughter. I don't need 'the full story' to know that was cold hearted.

Even if they fought she ran off into the woods alone, or he accidentally hurt her or she ran off to another guy's camper---whatever explanation they were given---they had a responsibility, AS HUMAN BEINGS, to share necessary information with her frantic parents. JMO

Spot on. Before Gabby was reported missing, before it became public, they ignored calls/messages from Gabby’s family. So they can’t even use the excuse that they were under pressure or their son was a “suspect” … no one even knew anything was wrong yet. The family hadn’t heard from Gabby and reached out to Brian and his parents, obviously concerned.

And they just ignored them. I can’t even fathom this.

Chris on TIR is wondering if BL is headed to the Appalachian Trail. Well if so, I say, good luck buddy. Anyone who has done any section or thru hiking knows you need to have a plan for resupply etc. He's not a survivalist. BL would not make it very far on his own, not to mention the AT hikers who'd be more than happy to turn him in. The AT is not exactly a place you can avoid people for very long.
I predict the coward will commit suicide.

Just before the site got really slow this afternoon, someone posted a news link saying that the Mustang had been served with a parking notice by police on Tuesday and that is why it was removed by the parents.

Can't find the post or remember who made it. Anyone remember?
Yes I remember and I also saw a post that said the parents found out Wednesday and picked the car up maybe Thursday IIRC ?- but I can’t get the link and wasn’t able to update the media thread

If is determined she died in Grand Teton National Park then it becomes a Federal crime. The trial would be wherever the United States Attorney for Wyoming would chose. It might end up in the capital of Wyoming, Cheyenne, as that's where all the Federal offices would be.

The apparent gravesite is in Grand Teton National Park as it the apparent location of the van. The border is not too far from it and I'm not sure whose jurisdiction the land just to the south belongs to. It might be Teton County Wyoming
I think she was found on National Forest land, just outside the National Park boundary. Both federal lands though. MOO

Well folks and fellow sleuths, I'm gonna depart this thread for now, as the facts will be released on their own - in due time.
The outcome is not what I would have wished for, but reality is harsh and unkind at times. It's a reminder to do your best to stay positive,
enjoy the time we have and not waste it if at all possible.

Until next time!

Hasta la vista! Have appreciated your inputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lea94