Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod Note:

We don’t want to close the thread with media sitting outside of someone’s home in relation to a case.

Enough with the personalizing and bickering. If you feel frustrated, walk away and take a break. If a post triggers your emotions, DO NOT CLICK REPLY in the moment. Our thinking is clouded when we are in emotional overdrive.

Just before the site got really slow this afternoon, someone posted a news link saying that the Mustang had been served with a parking notice by police on Tuesday and that is why it was removed by the parents.

Can't find the post or remember who made it. Anyone remember?
Yes, I saw it too but can't find it. It said basically that Brian left in the car on Tuesday, they went to the Reserve on Wednesday and saw the police posting, but decided to see if he drove back on his own. They went Thursday and drove the car back home themselves. It said they looked around the area either Wed or Thurs (or both) and didn't find him. They called the police Friday to report him missing.

Sorry I couldn't find the source but this is fresh on my mind.

I'm with you. I've asked the question in the previous thread and have yet to get an answer. Seems speculative at this point.

From the video I saw from "chopper5" (I believe it was a Fox affiliate) there was a shallow grave about the size of a person. It looked completely covered, and was sort of in the "mummy" shape of a person who had been placed as if they were in a grave or casket. The dirt looked darker than the dirt around it. But the body looked completely covered up with dirt. It looked convex, not concave, like it stuck up above the ground. Hard to tell for sure at that distance though. Someone tried to bury her in a hurry, IMO. Someone without a shovel.

Why is law enforcement suspending the search for BL upon learning of the discovery of poor Gabby's remains. I understand the idea of showing some respect for her family, but I think this should light a fire under their butts to try and find him as quick as possible?

It hasn’t been suspended indefinitely. They’ve just suspended it for the day due to it getting dark; it will resume tomorrow.

Search concludes again for Brian Laundrie in Sarasota County, remains found matching description of Gabby Petito

No clue I'm afraid. They've put up tape around the house. I can't think of any other reason MSM has gone live outside their home.
He's broadcasting now. He said that the LE have cleared the street of all reporters and put up yellow caution tape around the house. He said that he has "bonded" with the neighbors so they are letting him stand on their property and film the scene, I think the assumption is that there is going to be some kind of action in the Laundries house and the clearing of the area is in preparation for that.

Do we know for certain that cadaver dogs have been used on the van? Because in almost every scenario I can think of, BL drove to that site by Spread Creek to dispose of her. It just seems difficult to imagine she went alive to the place where she was found; you have to cross a large muddy wash (Spread Creek) to get to it, and there's nothing particularly photogenic or interesting about that spot that might have attracted her there. Possibly they were out on a hike and it was BL's choice, but again, why deliberately cross a wide, muddy wash to get to terrain that doesn't look any different than that on their original side? If they wanted a scenic hike with pictures for Gabby's blog, there were several other places along that road which were much prettier, with views of the mountains in the background. But if he drove to Spread Creek with Gabby's dead body in the van, it would have had to leave scent traces for the dogs, right?

Or possibly she was alive when they arrived at Spread Creek and parked the van alongside the road (red dot on map) and then whatever happened, happened. Now BL has a dead body he needs to get rid of. If it happened at the van, or if she was already dead by the time the van got to Spread Creek on the 27th, he would need to carry her across that wide-open wash to get to the spot where he wanted to put her (marked in blue on map.) There are a couple of campsites facing the wash, which makes me think that if he carried her across wrapped in a tarp or something, he must have done it at night to avoid being seen; otherwise that's a lot of wide-open space to cross carrying a suspiciously large and weird-shaped burden. But then he would have had to use a headlamp or flashlight and a light in that kind of pitch-blackness is noticeable for a long way and would be memorable to campers who saw it, so that doesn't leave him much better off. Add to that the fact that BL isn't a particularly big guy, he's 5'8 and only weighed 50lbs more than Gabby, so carrying her across such uneven terrain would be challenging (even more so if it was after dark.)

So that doesn't seem likely, but neither does the idea of the two of them hiking to the spot and her being killed there by a random accident. There's nothing to fall into or fall off of. If she crossed the Spread Creek wash alive, was it because BL had decided to coax her over there and then murder her? But why? If her death was deliberate and planned rather than a sudden snap or an accident, BL had to know that even if her body wasn't found, the DV incident in Moab would immediately point the finger at him. Plus his panicked reactions are more like someone who killed her in a fit of anger than in cold blood, IMO (everything in this post is completely MOO.) But it seems very odd that if BL just snapped and killed her, like during an argument, that it would happen in such an ideal place to leave her body -- an out-of-the-way, dull, unattractive spot where she would very likely not be found by humans and very likely would be found by bears and other animals who would dispose of her.

I can't help but feel that she died sometime between her last Snapchat on the 27th and the arrival of the van at Spread Creek later that day. I just can't figure out how BL got her across that wash unseen.

Attachments

• sc.jpg
    sc.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 113
MOO Me too, the first time I watched it. The main red flag was his referring to her as "crazy". That & his eerie calmness (even if others found him "hyper" I didn't). I actually found him, other than those signs, a likeable guy, a guy to have a beer with! Which made me learn more about DV signs here on WS, & rethink how absolutely crushed G was, so visibly shaken to her core, & the line "he doesn't think I can do it" (about her website dream). I was fooled by his quick wit & charm. The way LE buddied up to him so fast; meantime, she's in the back of the cruiser & can't stop crying. Last, & no one's mentioned this, I & a male friend who watched the footage saw a volatility to the way he originally walked up fast to the officers. He looks just like my old DV guy I had to run from in that approach to LE. In any event, LE & DV orgs will probably go thru this film frame by frame & educate themselves & others with all the signs. Thanks
I have been a victim of domestic abuse and I do not see what others see in this body cam footage. I saw two emotionally charged young adults who had been living with each other in a small space for too long. They both seemed scared and probably a little embarrassed. Someone a few threads back said (paraphrasing) not much could be gleaned from the footage. I tend to agree.

she was literally a 5 minute walk away from the van (900ft, ~1/5 mile), from the road, and there were TONS of people there... if he left her injured/stranded, someone would've heard her. he had to have killed her.

Had to... Had to kill her. Nothing else explains this?

I don't understand this vitriol. We the public don't know anything about them.

Do we know if Bri is on the lam? I thought that Brian Entin tweeted that the coroner was in the Carlton Reserve today, but maybe I'm wrong. imo

Well, we sure don't know where he is, so I'd say yes he is.

There are some investigative reporters around this country who are pretty darn good at their jobs and who have established relationships with sources. I am confident we will hear further details soon.

Absolutely, as in the Morphew case. Am liking JB, maybe not an investigative reporter but very much on the ball.

Time to take the gloves off with these “parents”.

They knew.

Enough said

MOO

I don't know that they knew everything, but I believe they know/knew a whole lot. Enough to have been suspicious enough to go to LE about it. It'll be interesting to see what happens with them with this case.

OK, dinner time for me then my fav Sunday TV program. Can y'all wait till I get back tomorrow? I don't want to have to go through 25 additional threads of ~46 pages each. :p (Obviously just kidding)

It would be where the crime occurred. So if they determine it happened in Bridger-Teton or Grand Teton, it would be the United States Attorney for the District of Wyoming. The Feds have jurisdiction over crimes that happen in the National Parks located within Wyoming.
If he’s found and convicted then he will be in a federal prison. Inmates are much safer and they are nicer than a state prison. That’s not what I would hope for but bars are bars I guess.

I think there is a real possibility they execute a search warrant at the house within hours.
I do too. A reporter Tweeted earlier that she was warned her car would be towed by the FBI, if she remained parked in front of the house.

The FBI wasn't on scene at that point, but it's pretty apparent to me that they are coming.

“Rush to judgement”…hmm. Well, Gabby’s been gone for weeks, and the only information that was even remotely forthcoming was the was that Brian behaved after Gabby was murdered, as we know now. So I would say that the judgement, like that which hopefully happens in court some day, was based on the evidence (tiktokkers, van, Gabby’s body being found), along with Brian’s own behavior. Not sure it really qualifies as a rush to judgement. I mean, it would be some crazy and incredible coincidence if Gabby was murdered by a stranger, right before Brian steals her van, then drives it back to Florida like a bat outta h***, and THEN absconds after days of hiding from the police. Some kind of coincidence.
Exactly - And let’s also not forget he was named a POI - so yes that’s what we do on WS and I do not call it a “rush to judgment” many of us have been on Gabbys thread since the very first day when @PommyMommy started her thread
JMO

I would not be so quick to blame B.L's parents.What if they had really tried to get the information from him but he just would not talk about it.You can't force someone to talk.Maybe they tried and tried and just could not get him to talk about it.

If that is true they could have told LE that. But nooooooo they only speak to LE to report their son missing. And it took them three days to do that. Then they lied about the car. Most people do not like this family for good reason. The Laundries did it to themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lalayc