Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand how people that never met these people can diagnosis mindsets, methods, modes, and even deep psychological issues.

How You View Others Says a Lot About Self

It is a known fact that what you say about people you never meant reveals more about you then them.
With all due respect, I have children the same age. I know that if my son ventured cross country with his gf and came home alone, in MY house, it would not be pretty. That I assure you.

Hi everyone! Long-time listener, first-time caller.

I am sorry if someone has already posted about this. If they did, I couldn't find it.

RE: Gabby's AllTrails account showing her current location as Puerto Rico

I find this particularly interesting and have a few thoughts I would love to unpack/discuss.

1) From what I understand, AllTrails.com updates your location automatically if it is linked in location settings. Does anyone familiar with the ap know if you can manually adjust this in your profile settings?

2) It says the account was created in May 2021, so it appears this would be Gabby's real account since it was made well before any of this happened / it became a news story. I would love to hear anyone's thoughts/reasons as to why it could be a fake account. It seems extremely unlikely, but I would like to rule out all possibilities if possible.

3) I can't imagine why Brian would bring Gabby's phone to Puerto Rico if that is where he ran off to. Isn't acquiring a burner phone On-The-Run 101? It seems so obvious that this would be a terrible idea and make it incredibly easy to be found. Does anyone else think he and/or his parents somehow got Gabby's phone to PR on it's own as a diversion?

4) I would assume he is keeping tabs on what people are saying about his location online if he has access to the Internet or a phone (particularly because he is a narcissist). If he is in Puerto Rico with Gabby's phone, I would think he would know that people are onto this by now...

Looking forward to diving into this!

Xx
Morgan

That is a fascinating theory. Did they know anyone in Puerto Rico? You would not need a passport to go there either.

The police didn't kill Gabby.

I doubt anybody in heaven or earth could have protected her from him.
She was totally locked into a symbiotic relationship, he was sucking the life force from her, he controlled her absolutely.

He eroded her confidence so much she no longer believed she could continue her blog!

She was fighting for her life and she didn't have the language or resources to hand when she encountered the police.

I thought they showed kindness and good sense to go to the trouble of separating them for the night.
I can quarterback now in the light of what happened but in the actual situation I think they did the best they knew how.
They made a call.
But in the morning she went back to him, admitted him into her van again, the van she had worked her *advertiser censored* of to get to follow her dream. I doubt he contributed a single cent. That breaks my heart.

And she didn't seem strong enough to walk away from him, he had a huge hold on her, controlling everything, her psyche and soma.

She was eroded to a shell.

It's not so easy to recognise unless one has been there.
I have been there.

Just IMO from repeatedly watching the bodycam vids.
I could have been watching myself when I walked in those shoes.

I think it's a sickness of the spirit, not easily remedied at all.
I disagree that they handled the situation well. Telling BL that he understood because he had a toxic ex wife was unprofessional in the extreme. Smiling when BL called GP crazy is also unprofessional.

He's broadcasting now. He said that the LE have cleared the street of all reporters and put up yellow caution tape around the house. He said that he has "bonded" with the neighbors so they are letting him stand on their property and film the scene, I think the assumption is that there is going to be some kind of action in the Laundries house and the clearing of the area is in preparation for that.

Am thinking the clearing and caution tape could also just be LE concerned about the safety of BL's parents.

Then respond to her parent's calls and tell them that. Tell them everything you do know. Help them figure out where their missing daughter is. She was their son's fiancé and was last seen with him.

I think they were afraid to find out what happened...:eek:
And I think one of them knows exactly what happened
JMO

I judge them harshly because they did not answer any of Gabby's parents desperate calls. As a parent, I find that indefensible.

I always do everything possible to love and protect my children and grandchildren. But if one of them placed one of their friends in a dangerous and vulnerable position, and the parents reached out to me for help, I would not ignore their calls.

Their son came home alone, WITH HER VAN, and they did not tell her parents. Weeks went by and they did not give them any info about their missing daughter. I don't need 'the full story' to know that was cold hearted.

Even if they fought and she ran off into the woods alone, or he accidentally hurt her or she ran off to another guy's camper---whatever explanation they were given---they had a responsibility, AS HUMAN BEINGS, to share necessary information with her frantic parents. JMO

I think their point is until they have all the facts,they'll reserve judgment.

Some already have this decided

I’m pretty sure that Utah has a mandatory arrest statute for DV and that if there is not a primary aggressor, both will be arrested.

Both people get arrested? Well, that's not great for the real victim. Especially if the primary aggressor is trying to hide it and downplay it all.

Potentially arresting someone who is being abused because you can't find the primary aggressor is a weird rule and quite wrong, in my opinion.

Mod Note:

We don’t want to close the thread with media sitting outside of someone’s home in relation to a case.

Enough with the personalizing and bickering. If you feel frustrated, walk away and take a break. If a post triggers your emotions, DO NOT CLICK REPLY in the moment. Our thinking is clouded when we are in emotional overdrive.
And you can also use the "ignore" button...which I have used several times this evening.

Spot on. Before Gabby was reported missing, before it became public, they ignored calls/messages from Gabby’s family. So they can’t even use the excuse that they were under pressure or their son was a “suspect” … no one even knew anything was wrong yet. The family hadn’t heard from Gabby and reached out to Brian and his parents, obviously concerned.

And they just ignored them. I can’t even fathom this.

I think the problem is that you can't prosecute Bad Manners. You have to wait for a Crime

Your post is both so sad and so true. I strongly believe domestic violence is one of the most difficult aspects of LE to train officers in.

IMO, some type of domestic violence is often involved before the murders of women.

JMO
I think the pandemic made domestic violence and child abuse much worse.

Domestic violence cases are some of the most dangerous for LE to investigate. I think there should be mandatory training just as there is mandatory training in other LE procedures. High schools need to provide training to students and parents.

Domestic violence calls proven to be most dangerous | khou.com

I do too. A reporter Tweeted earlier that she was warned her car would be towed by the FBI, if she remained parked in front of the house.

The FBI wasn't on scene at that point, but it's pretty apparent to me that they are coming.

I'm sure they are. I'd be really interested in knowing if they have any evidence, perhaps cellphone records, they could use to interest his parents in trying to avoid potential charges of accessory after the fact.

“Rush to judgement”…hmm. Well, Gabby’s been gone for weeks, and the only information that was even remotely forthcoming was the was that Brian behaved after Gabby was murdered, as we know now. So I would say that the judgement, like that which hopefully happens in court some day, was based on the evidence (tiktokkers, van, Gabby’s body being found), along with Brian’s own behavior. Not sure it really qualifies as a rush to judgement. I mean, it would be some crazy and incredible coincidence if Gabby was murdered by a stranger, right before Brian steals her van, then drives it back to Florida like a bat outta h***, and THEN absconds after days of hiding from the police. Some kind of coincidence.

Hi, Jmoose

He's looking mighty guilty to me, too. We know the statistics. Odds are he did it. His actions are speaking pretty loudly.

Nonetheless, those folks that hold back their judgement waiting for coroner's reports and witness statements and for BL to make his official statement all have a bit of an advantage over the rest of us. Any of us can be wrong, but those waiting for a higher grade of evidence are less likely to be wrong.

Does anyone know if there are any hotels near the laundries’ home? I don’t think he’s lost in the woods.
I'm sure there are, but with the intense search effort and media coverage, I can't fathom he could be in a hotel room.

I hope he's not in the woods though, as I want him to be apprehended alive.

i dont what the outcome is gonna be for the Laundries when this is all over but the home next door to me is up for sale so tomorrow i will be sure to run over and take he sign down, i live in he woods in florida and with them being such nature lovers and all......not taking a chance...:cool::cool:

W
He took her wallet and phone? I didn't know that. That's the ONLY thing I took away from that video, that he was trying to lock her out of her van and keep her phone. I'm not sure the police caught that.

We don't know. Her phone was not found. Nothing has been said about wallet or personal papers, belongings. As to the rest of her possessions from van or from strorage unit we have no idea what they were or if they are missing.

After reading 10 threads of 14 pages each I’m surprised no one has talked about the obvious. Brian is a good enough looking enough guy for any number of women to have taken him in off the street. There is no way this guy has been in that wildlife reserve for this long. He’s either dead or somewhere else. Heat, humidity, hunger, thirst, lack of camping equipment and supplies (not to mention the wildlife and mosquitoes) preclude any sort of contemplation that he would’ve lasted this long. The thought though that he could’ve left the country is ludicrous because it would’ve been elementary to check plane manifests and border crossings. His parents need to be prosecuted.
I agree. Harboring a witness. Obstruction of justice.
Tampering with evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member