Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on. Before Gabby was reported missing, before it became public, they ignored calls/messages from Gabby’s family. So they can’t even use the excuse that they were under pressure or their son was a “suspect” … no one even knew anything was wrong yet. The family hadn’t heard from Gabby and reached out to Brian and his parents, obviously concerned.

And they just ignored them. I can’t even fathom this.
Yup, bc they knew. MOO

Correction: Yup, bc they already knew. MOO

This may be dumb or already explained, but why do they think he is still at the reserve? I know that's where his vehicle was located, but that entire area is pretty close to the gulf. I'm curious about whether he could have access to a boat.

she was literally a 5 minute walk away from the van (900ft, ~1/5 mile), from the road, and there were TONS of people there... if he left her injured/stranded, someone would've heard her. he had to have killed her.
I wonder if he killed her somewhere else and dumped her body there due to the way the van was parked. That isn’t the way boondockers camp at all in my experience. You don’t want to drag your gear that far from the vehicle and there were many other options in the area if camping was the intention. JMO

Yes, I saw it too but can't find it. It said basically that Brian left in the car on Tuesday, they went to the Reserve on Wednesday and saw the police posting, but decided to see if he drove back on his own. They went Thursday and drove the car back home themselves. It said they looked around the area either Wed or Thurs (or both) and didn't find him. They called the police Friday to report him missing.

Sorry I couldn't find the source but this is fresh on my mind.
But this does not agree with what I remember the reporters saying about the car, that it was not there (in the driveway) Tuesday and it was there Wed. I think I would the take the reporting of an eyewitness or two over this article, especially since it seems to be the word of the family that insists on throwing obsfucation up over finding facts in this case.

So you think it’s possible that Gabby committed suicide and then Brian buried her so…her family wouldn’t be upset? Because she did not bury herself.
I didn’t say she buried herself or could have. I said it was possible she killed herself or had a fatal accident. It’s up to the coroner and the courts to determine how she died. Regardless, I think BL is cowardly creep—as well as his parents. I say this as a parent who fiercely loves and protects my kids. It would tear me apart if any of them were to get into BL’s predicament. But I would absolutely with great pain have insisted on any of them report the situation. That these people deliberately hid this information is wrong.

This throws my timeline into possible "Edit ville" because given what we have learned today it seems that when he was hitchhiking "back to the van" on the 29th he was not returning from doing the supposed "act" but rather, he might have been returning from ditching his clothing and other evidence.

There is no doubt that the police search does not end here. They need to comb along snake river and trails up to Colter Bay to see if they can find his clothing and anything else (including discarded blunt objects).

see i'm having a lot of trouble with the timeline too..
for example: ok, he kills her on the 27th, then hikes 20 miles up snake river to dispose of evidence until hes picked up on the 29th at 6pm.. but this just sounds weird because she actually *wasnt* killed in a super remote part.. it's not like she was found miles and miles away. she was actually extremely close to many people. even people who were camping on the same side of the creek and closer to her than her van which was only 900ft away. so her body was there for 2 days , leaving the van and her body to be found ? the van was parked illegally and people remember seeing it because it was strange looking. so even if he left her body inside the van, hes extremely lucky no one called rangers out to ask them to move. it's honestly just really bad luck her body hadn't been found sooner.

what if he kills her when he got back from his 20 mile multi-day hike ? he gets back, gets pissed that maybe she didn't get much done on her blog or whatever she was working on... maybe the time away from him she decided she needed to break up with him and says that when he gets back... (but lets be honest, i don't think he'd let her out of his sight) kills her on sunday evening, when there would be less people around since its a sunday and people maybe had to work on monday. but if thats the case, someone would've had to have seen her the whole weekend. i can't imagine she'd just stay holed up in the van the whole time, she would've had to go outside to go to the bathroom, stretch her legs, etc...

its all so odd.

Yes I remember and I also saw a post that said the parents found out Wednesday and picked the car up maybe Thursday IIRC ?- but I can’t get the link and wasn’t able to update the media thread

I posted the info earlier about the car having a note from LE, parents picking it up, etc…
Let me try to find the link again.

I'm sure there are, but with the intense search effort and media coverage, I can't fathom he could be in a hotel room.

I hope he's not in the woods though, as I want him to be apprehended alive.
I think it's more likely he's at a summer home or a family friend's place. Someone is helping hide him somewhere.

If BL is charged with her murder, where would those charge come from - Wyoming? Florida? New York? How does that work. TIA

Where the murder took place-that is the jurisdiction responsible

This may be dumb or already explained, but why do they think he is still at the reserve? I know that's where his vehicle was located, but that entire area is pretty close to the gulf. I'm curious about whether he could have access to a boat.
I read your post as you don't think it's a lock that he's there. And, if I'm reading it correctly, I'm with you. He isn't there and possibly was never there. And in the off-chance he was (or is) there, he is now deceased. MOO

I think the problem is that you can't prosecute Bad Manners. You have to wait for a Crime

I wasn’t referring to prosecution though. It’s why I do not have any sympathy for the Laundries. I have a 22yo daughter. The desperation her family must have been feeling, and to get no response from those who could help. It’s just completely unfathomable. It’s a bit more than bad manners. IMO.

When I watched the Moab Police video I thought the police did a good job. That being said, the only other option to a night apart was to put both in jail. Then we would have chants of kill the police. Easy to Monday morning quarterback....

With all due respect, I have children the same age. I know that if my son ventured cross country with his gf and came home alone, in MY house, it would not be pretty. That I assure you.
Sa
With all due respect, I have children the same age. I know that if my son ventured cross country with his gf and came home alone, in MY house, it would not be pretty. That I assure you.

Same here.

see i'm having a lot of trouble with the timeline too..
for example: ok, he kills her on the 27th, then hikes 20 miles up snake river to dispose of evidence until hes picked up on the 29th at 6pm.. but this just sounds weird because she actually *wasnt* killed in a super remote part.. it's not like she was found miles and miles away. she was actually extremely close to many people. even people who were camping on the same side of the creek and closer to her than her van which was only 900ft away. so her body was there for 2 days , leaving the van and her body to be found ? the van was parked illegally and people remember seeing it because it was strange looking. so even if he left her body inside the van, hes extremely lucky no one called rangers out to ask them to move. it's honestly just really bad luck her body hadn't been found sooner.

what if he kills her when he got back from his 20 mile multi-day hike ? he gets back, gets pissed that maybe she didn't get much done on her blog or whatever she was working on... maybe the time away from him she decided she needed to break up with him and says that when he gets back... (but lets be honest, i don't think he'd let her out of his sight) kills her on sunday evening, when there would be less people around since its a sunday and people maybe had to work on monday. but if thats the case, someone would've had to have seen her the whole weekend. i can't imagine she'd just stay holed up in the van the whole time, she would've had to go outside to go to the bathroom, stretch her legs, etc...

its all so odd.

I guess that's where the potential alibi of him hiking/camping for a couple of days while she was alone working comes into play?

Waiting to hear some kind of news today I scrolled Gabby's Insta for the first time and came across this which I found intriguing...

A book one of them was reading on her last birthday celebration... Link to the Wikipedia synopsis...

Lullaby (Palahniuk novel) - Wikipedia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member