Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Proving it beyond reasonable doubt might be difficult. It can be said he left her alive after a disagreement. Returned to look for her, and finding van deserted as he left it, returned to FL with it. Had no idea what happened to her and was told by attorney to say nothing.
Is that likely what happened? I don’t think so but it is possible. Unless there is direct evidence BL did this, it may be a hard sell to a guilty verdict.
He might could say all that but his disappearing act won't help anyone believe him. JMO

I've heard both -- that she was "not visible" (covered by leaves or whatever) and also that from helicopter footage that it was "very obviously" a small female, and clothes could still be seen. So I don't know which to believe either.

I think the people saying she was not visible were misunderstanding the view when the media were erecting to top-only/pop-up canopy.

I also haven't been able to find any of the aerial footage, the search on WS crashes for me every time (assuming because it's swamped right now) and there's nothing coming up for me on Google. Would so appreciate a link if you have and it isn't an inconvenience. Thank you!!

There are videos on this page. I believe the second one shows both tents I referenced.
Human remains discovered 'consistent' with description of Gabby Petito

Yes! That & that these are women like us just out in the world, going about our normal lives. Jogging, maybe, like Mollie.

Mollie could have been any of us. Or a cross country trip with a fiance. When you should be safe. But no, the evil came over like a cloud anyway. Speaks to the precariousness of life, esp. for us women, imo. Nothing whatsoever in our actions could have possibly predicted what was about to happen. But it happened. There's the mystery. Then there's the question of what did she/we miss, if anything?

So many of the cases that blow up and get media attention have one thing in common: no one reported the victim missing for an unreasonable amount of time.

I think the average person is just shocked by the callousness of hiding that someone you love is harmed and then the (usually) much more difficult LE investigation that follows.

Correct… The unedited initial aerial footage indicates exactly what you describe. It was taken very early on as LE was just setting up the beige Pop-Up canopy and there is no indication of disturbed earth.

The second tent that you reference pictured below, is taken from a breakaway shot that was added into the footage, it is larger than GP/BL tent documented. It does have a “figure 8” on the ground nearby of rope, caution tape, etc but is really hard to identify, and this footage of the second tent may very well be completely unrelated to the crime scene - photo below.

I was watching live KSLTV on Facebook live and saw footage of them setting up the popup canopy. At one point I saw what looked very clearly was a shallow grave or earth-covered form of a person. I don't have the exactly point in the video where that was clear to me, but I had the video in full screen on my laptop and it was something that seemed obvious to me. When I play it back from this link I can't find that spot in the video but around the 33:00 mark it looks like that point where I saw that, but now it looks less clear to me. Maybe the angle of the video was different.

Proving it beyond reasonable doubt might be difficult. It can be said he left her alive after a disagreement. Returned to look for her, and finding van deserted as he left it, returned to FL with it. Had no idea what happened to her and was told by attorney to say nothing.
Is that likely what happened? I don’t think so but it is possible. Unless there is direct evidence BL did this, it may be a hard sell to a guilty verdict.
He might could say all that but his disappearing act won't help anyone believe him. JMO

I
Gabby Petito case: Search continues in thousands of rural acres for Brian Laundrie

Read carefully, easy to overlook in the article where it says it.

I also read about BL's scent in the preserve on a different site - statement by Taylor in response to what I assume was a journalist's question - and now I can't find it. In that article, it was closer to the beginning.

Now I'm having some doubts: how reliable is this evidence? Was it positively clear that they found his scent, or was it ambiguous? How good are the dogs and their handlers? Was the signal unmistakable or more subjective?

I've heard LE (nonofficial) statements say that he's almost certainly dead - and others say that he could be in there for months.

So I'm putting my judgement on "pause."

I think it’s wonderful your honest. I don’t think anyone really knows what they would do until your in the situation yourself. When my son was in active addiction mode…. It was always my biggest fear that he would hurt another person. I imagined my self many times having to face other parents, to apologize for my sons actions. Thankfully and sadly he only hurt himself, but I can honestly say I would not have held back calling Gabby’s parents. It broke me to turn my son in but I did many times out of the fear he would hurt others. Just for the record he wasn’t violent at all but he would drive while he was stoned and that scared me enough to have him arrested. Brains parents are going to be his biggest down fall and one day they will wish they talked and encouraged him to do the same.

I've always said this, even though I have no children myself: I understand this completely.

I understand completely, your kid can become Jeffrey Dahmer and become addicted to black tar heroin; and you're still going to remember him/her at age 5 on the lawn at the park shouting "Hey Mom/Dad, watch me, watch me!" as they try to perfect their somersault/cartwheel.

It's heartbreaking, and I don't wish it on anyone; but I also fail to see how helping their child to ruin someone else's life is being helpful either.

Speculation that BL never returned to Florida Sept 1 has come up so many times in many different threads.

I feel like we are going off of the word of

His parents
This lawyer

And now that it's coming time that he might need to actually make an appearance (whether he speaks or not) conveniently he can't be found.

I think the sister mentioned the Sept 1 date but sounds like info she got from outside. I don't think she is in the loop and hasn't seen him in person.

I don't think I was giving this family enough credit

I strongly suspect he either never came to Fla and someone else drove the van, or he indeed, brought it in and was immediately shipped somewhere by the family. Between September 1st and 11th he had enough time.

Berthune's video they say that the area was very crowded. but there are multiple instagrammers posting pics and videos of them being in the immediate area. if you go to @the.curly.nomad and look at the gabby petito highlight, they share their own, friends, and others videos. do i know if they're a credible source? i don't. but they made some of their posts 2-3 days ago, which is before berthune's video.
That was interesting. Thanks!

Let it go. Trust me. I been here a long time. Bickering isn't allowed, even when justified.

The only problem with this is, as an intelligent person in my own right I absolutely know when a person's response is meant to function as a (rude gesture) to my recently voiced point of view; and it's more annoying to me than not, because then I have to sit there saying (and believe me, I do), "Does this person think they're being coy? Is this accidental or intentional passive-aggressive calling me out, de facto saying "sorry, you're an idiot" without having the guts to say it to my face directly? Because that's really annoying and not cool if so, dude/ette."

JMO, of course.[/QUO

In a sense it's possible. For example, he could have driven there, walked around for an hour and then been driven back out to leave a scent trail. Or something he had worn could have been dragged through the area and left a scent. So yes, his scent could have been planted either by him being there for the purpose of leaving a scent trail or something of his could have been dragged through by someone else.

Thank you. That's what I was wondering - could someone else have drug clothing with his scent.

So we can't use that scent as proof his was in Florida.

So he went to the reserve and parked illegally for one day?

IMO, he went to the reserve and left the car there. Then he either went into the park or walked away. I imagine the parking lot has closing hours and LE put the notice on the car after it was parked there for longer than the permitted time.

Where did you see a report that they searched the house? If it's true, that is really important.

My sense of the discussion was them sitting around a coffee table with a few of BL's possessions.

I asked back when the police were in the house if they searched the entire house, and I believe I had a definite response that they did. But, did they? FL homes have crawl spaces under (no basement), and mine had a crawl space type attic. They need to search that house. I had temporary flooring in my hallway when I was having plumbing work done, and you could lift it and come right into the house from under that crawl space.

I am a mom to a preteen boy. A preteen boy who has struggled with depression, anxiety, ADHD and is on the spectrum. Many days I spend worrying about his future. Many days I worry about whether all the therapies and interventions I have lined up for him will be enough to help him. I worry about him becoming an adult and having to navigate for himself and make his own medical decisions. I worry whether I will successfully set an example for how to behave in in future relationship. I worry.

This case has made me reflect upon what I would have done differently from BL’s parents. I have posted before that I believe he was not honest with them when he returned. That he likely spun a tale of her meeting up with her friend in Yellowstone for her birthday and her flying home with her and sending him home with the van. It would have been at least a week before they would have known something was amiss. He could have told them they broke up. They knew they were having problems.

As a mom you want to believe your child. Would I have ignored the calls from GP? Maybe. Would I have followed the advice of counsel and not spoken? Yes. Would I have protected my son? Yes. Would I have put my son before GP’s parents? Yes . Why? Because I birthed him. Because he’s my blood. Because at the end of the day he’s my kid and she’s not. Would I feel guilty? Yes. Would I have tried every single day to pry what happened out of him, yes.

If I had any information that I thought would help find a missing endangered child ALIVE would I break my silence and tell the police? Yes. If my son confessed that he had done something to GP and she was dead would I have turned him in? No. I would follow the advice of counsel but urge him to do the right thing.

BL only drove to the reserve three days after GP was declared missing. This may have been only three days after BL’s parents knew definitively that she was missing. That may have been three days of them interrogating their son for information. Three days. He was not even declared a person of interest at this point. He was free to go hiking. If he didn’t come back, I would probably go looking for him. I certainly do not want to call the police. If I found the mustang, I probably would have assumed he was hiking and may have drove it back forcing him to call me to get a ride home because he is going to wonder where the damn car was. Am I going to start to panic when he doesn’t come home? Yes. Am I going to start to fear the worst? Yes. Eventually I have to call the police and report him missing. And I do. Finally.

While BL deserves to be eaten by alligators for what he has likely done, and I cannot come up with any alternate scenario that does not get him at least manslaughter should he be found alive, I can have compassion for his parents…as a mom.
IMO, you would be enabling your child to behave that way again. I would have no compassion for anyone who allowed another family to suffer because a mother wanted to hide what her child had done. Tough love is a thing.

I was watching live KSLTV on Facebook live and saw footage of them setting up the popup canopy. At one point I saw what looked very clearly was a shallow grave or earth-covered form of a person. I don't have the exactly point in the video where that was clear to me, but I had the video in full screen on my laptop and it was something that seemed obvious to me. When I play it back from this link I can't find that spot in the video but around the 33:00 mark it looks like that point where I saw that, but now it looks less clear to me. Maybe the angle of the video was different.

I thought I saw a black body bag - but maybe it was a set of black backpacks and so forth.

IMO, he went to the reserve and left the car there. Then he either went into the park or walked away. I imagine the parking lot has closing hours and LE put the notice on the car after it was parked there for longer than the permitted time.

OK that makes sense. With this new information and Timeline (car not retrieved until Thursday morning), IF the parents are telling the truth, Brian is dead in that park IMO. I will find it very difficult to have any sympathy for his parents, who could have prevented his death.

MOO, IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member