Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you see the unedited video? I'm curious, because I was watching but could not watch twice (they haven't put that part up to be re-watched at KSL).

What contradicts a "shallow burial?" I could see what appeared to be a body. (so...not that shallow a burial, but I don't know what people mean by that).

Agree… no indication whatsoever of burial in the unedited aerial footage, period.

So no video of him driving the car, but it obviously moved. Did he say who was driving the car?

No. If you watch/listen to his 10pm post from this evening, he says he (the reporter) doesn't know. And that he asked neighbors for Ring camera footage to try to find out but wasn't able to. (Don't know if that's because there is no clear footage, nobody wanted to hand it over, or what.)

I suppose I can't source a live tv show. Nancy Grace is on Fox right now.

I will just ask a question.... How would we know that the FBI had taken over the entire investigation and search for Brian Laundrie?

Unacceptable. All of my arguments require long anecdotes and the server can't take that tonight. So I'll leave it at this:

If it turns out that his parents have aided and abetted his escape from justice, the NPPD needs to present them with a bill for the cost of the search for him along with whatever charges they can levy.
Along with an indictment.

There are not a lot of hotels in that area at all, and they are in the opposite direction of his "hike" or North or South on the Interstate. We lived in North Port for 10 years and it was really annoying when we had people come into town to visit that they had to stay so far away. (We moved in 2014, so before Airbnb was super popular)

No alleys there. Their yard literally backs up to the neighbor behind them, who has a fence. There was a twitter video earlier in the week from the neighbor behind that let a reporter in the backyard.
https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1439323513572134914?s=20

The fence had few gaps and looked a bit rickety. Brian could easily have gone through it in the middle of the night and disappeared through that yard to the street or through other yards.
Not to say he did, just don't know, don't even know whether he was even ever at home.

Dark post ahead, read with caution.

What are the non-"Brian murdered her" possibilities?

1) Third party murdered her - this is possibly the most sinister outcome of all. Two other people have gone missing in this area.

2) Weather/heat/lack of water

3) Wildlife (pack of wolves, a bear, mountain lion)

Brian's behavior after the fact is separate, but if any of the above were actually true, I think could be explained no matter how far fetched. Co-dependent, fight happens, they stop communication, he gets the gut feeling something wrong has happened, takes off into the swamps knowing she's missing so he also wants to be missing. Far fetched indeed.

4) Ok, this is hard to write. Suicide. Two possibilities I see here: Perhaps Gabby was the abuser and threatened suicide, had done so in the past, and it has been a habit that has been building and she executed it either purposefully or mistakenly, as a way to inflict abuse on Brian. Other scenario: After an extreme argument, maybe a breakup, she left feeling so awful that she felt this was the only way out.

With that said, it can be difficult to make any of these alternative situations/scenarios fit in with knowing what what we know about Brian and his behavior after the fact. I am sure the autopsy will resolve what happened, which will make this post look indecent.

I feel like we can kick out your #2 being benign in any way if it even happened... no?

I mean, if she expired for lack of water or because of anything known going wrong with the elements/weather as of that day, why didn't this same condition affect Brian? He had access to all the same things Gabby did; and if Gabby didn't have the access, it would be because Brian was withholding whatever the putative "it" is.

An agent investigating the death of Gabby Petito is urging Brian Laundrie to speak with authorities and not hurt himself amid a search for answers, pleading this come to a ‘safe end,’ Your Content can exclusively report.

“Brian, if you’re reading this, please call us. We are not out to hurt you or drag you through a hard process. Please bring answers home—it’s what Gabby deserves.” an agent who was drafted in to probe the disappearance of aspiring YouTuber Gabby Petito told Your Content under the condition of anonymity. “I’ve met more people in your shoes than you can count in two hands.

“When I faced a man who killed his family in Colorado—Christopher Watts—he knew taking what he did to the grave would’ve only made matters worse indefinitely and in whatever comes in the afterlife.
Source in Gabby Petito case urges Brian NOT to harm self: ‘Please bring closure’
Excellent advice.

Compliments of @oviedo

AUG 27
- Gabby's uncle posts there was a snapchat Gabby sent a friend -heading to Yellowstone (in Dailymail article)

just popping in from lurking to say that Snaps don’t have to be posted with current photos or videos- it could have just been a photo with text over it that she had saved (and she probably had a ton of personal photos saved from good times).

“We don’t know when she died,” Lawrence Kobilinsky, a forensic scientist and professor emeritus of forensic science at John Jay College of Criminal Justice, told The Daily Beast. “But we do know that she’s in an environment that’s very hot. You can get decomposition in a matter of a week.”

Pinpointing a cause of death would be the responsibility of the coroner, who will make a call as to which of five categories the death corresponds to: homicide, accident, suicide, natural causes, or undetermined. “The likelihood is high that he’ll declare it a homicide,” Kobilinsky said. “This is a healthy 22-year-old that went missing under mysterious circumstances.”

Even if the remains are mostly skeletal, a coroner would look for an impression in the skull or the fracturing of the hyoid bone in the neck—signs that would point to blunt force trauma and manual strangulation, respectively.

It’s also unknown what other evidence authorities have gathered—from the van, from the scene of death, from the couple’s devices—that could help investigators determine when and how Petito died.
How Did Gabby Petito Die? Answering That May Be Complicated

The tent I linked is NOT the typical crime scene canopy but a oval dome tent with walls. I've never seen one of those used on a crime scene, only canopy tents. This is the usual crime scene tent often without the walls: Arrowhead Forensics Crime Scene Tools and Forensic Analysis - Privacy Barriers - Pop-up Crime Scene Canopy - A-C1010CT - A-WBPR402BK Crime Scene - Lab Supplies

I checked Gabby's instagram and the photos of her tent are now gone. In fact, I have not been able to find a good photo of her tent at all. Not sure why not as they were easy to find yesterday.

Someone may well have said this by now but you can get quite a good idea of Gabby’s tent from her Youtube video.

How Did Gabby Petito Die? Answering That May Be Complicated

f9ada5a4693d2bd01b39ab19f763ae2c
57578976ad18edd01cd65fe95fb840dd

A park ranger at a roadblock at the entrance of Spread Creek Campground on Sept. 19 near Moran, Wyoming.

I am a mom to a preteen boy. A preteen boy who has struggled with depression, anxiety, ADHD and is on the spectrum. Many days I spend worrying about his future. Many days I worry about whether all the therapies and interventions I have lined up for him will be enough to help him. I worry about him becoming an adult and having to navigate for himself and make his own medical decisions. I worry whether I will successfully set an example for how to behave in in future relationship. I worry.

This case has made me reflect upon what I would have done differently from BL’s parents. I have posted before that I believe he was not honest with them when he returned. That he likely spun a tale of her meeting up with her friend in Yellowstone for her birthday and her flying home with her and sending him home with the van. It would have been at least a week before they would have known something was amiss. He could have told them they broke up. They knew they were having problems.

As a mom you want to believe your child. Would I have ignored the calls from GP? Maybe. Would I have followed the advice of counsel and not spoken? Yes. Would I have protected my son? Yes. Would I have put my son before GP’s parents? Yes . Why? Because I birthed him. Because he’s my blood. Because at the end of the day he’s my kid and she’s not. Would I feel guilty? Yes. Would I have tried every single day to pry what happened out of him, yes.

If I had any information that I thought would help find a missing endangered child ALIVE would I break my silence and tell the police? Yes. If my son confessed that he had done something to GP and she was dead would I have turned him in? No. I would follow the advice of counsel but urge him to do the right thing.

BL only drove to the reserve three days after GP was declared missing. This may have been only three days after BL’s parents knew definitively that she was missing. That may have been three days of them interrogating their son for information. Three days. He was not even declared a person of interest at this point. He was free to go hiking. If he didn’t come back, I would probably go looking for him. I certainly do not want to call the police. If I found the mustang, I probably would have assumed he was hiking and may have drove it back forcing him to call me to get a ride home because he is going to wonder where the damn car was. Am I going to start to panic when he doesn’t come home? Yes. Am I going to start to fear the worst? Yes. Eventually I have to call the police and report him missing. And I do. Finally.

While BL deserves to be eaten by alligators for what he has likely done, and I cannot come up with any alternate scenario that does not get him at least manslaughter should he be found alive, I can have compassion for his parents…as a mom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela