Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a while since I've been in that situation but, at least on an iPhone, I believe if a text can't be sent via iMessage then it attempts to send via SMS and then if *that* fails then it simply stops trying and gives you the option to try sending again. I don't think it would wait and send a day later, for example.
It does. My son is in Montana and I'm in Texas. Sometimes it takes hours and sometimes it's the next day before the texts or messages go thru. Service is crappy on both ends and it just depends on when the two servers connect.

Again, I am not proposing this, I just like helping people imagine something they can't see happening. The text could have been sent earlier but got hung up because they are parked in a area with spotty cell service. When he finally drives away and passes through an area with service the phone, which is stored in the back somewhere he isn't aware of, unhangs itself and sends out the text.

Trying this on my iPhone. I assume android would be the same.

Sent message with no connection.
- i message failed
- sms message failed (green)
restored connection
- message state "not delivered" - id did not automatically resend.

BL must of sent the message. As for having access to her phone, I would think being in love and on a trip, they would have just used passwords and had access to each others devices.

You haven’t seen any sign that he didn’t either.

Im betting his family knows the amount of time he spent out there and gave that information to officers. You make it sound like he manufactured stories somewhere about himself being some great outdoorsman but his posts about hiking. etc are few. In some he even says he’s never experienced that terrain. He isn’t putting on airs about being anything. He wasn’t into social media or a following or manufacturing images for followers. In fact, there’s plenty that says he’s pretty against all that. Including his putting down GP for being into it.

AND he has on boots in more images of his than he is barefoot. No where does HE even mention barefoot hiking that I can find.

I get not liking the guy.
But IMO you have a bias here that doesn’t align with facts.
My post responds to another post and reflects that LE evidently (per the other post) referred to DL as a “skilled outdoorsman”. They could only have got that idea from someone who knew DL (perhaps family) or from DL himself via detritus (e.g. scraps of evidence found in the van). LE would otherwise have no grounds to dub DL any kind of outdoorsman.

The videos do not show the exact spot she was located. They are just getting ready to walk over to where she is. Some are saying they saw a body but I doubt it. They are usually pretty quick to cover a body. So at this point we just don't know whether she was buried or not.
Thank you. I think knowing that will tell part of the story anyway. If he did it, goodbye insanity defense because he knew what he did was wrong, Additional charges, ie. abuse of a corps, tampering with evidence etc.

Here are some screenshots/pics to compare:

Aug 12th:
View attachment 313516

Aug 27th:

View attachment 313517

After Sept 11 when impounded by law enforcement:

View attachment 313518 View attachment 313519

Note that several are new.

The ones that stood out to me:

"Today is a Great Day"
"Life is Good in the Woods"
"Desert Cosmic"

The one that stood out to me was what I believe is Frankenstein's Monster - the largest one with the bolts through the neck which has been added on the top third of the right hand door. This is a bit creepy in light of what has transpired.

I wonder if BL started adding stickers in an attempt to visually change the van?

If he was trying to keep a low profile and not go in any shops or petrol stations then his options to attempt to disguise or alter the appearance of the van would be very limited. Perhaps the stickers had been bought previously and he added them because it was all he could do to try and change how the van looked visually at a cursory glance from a passing vehicle?

Any passing vehicles who didn't know what plate number to be on the lookout for might dismiss the van on the basis, "Oh, that can't be it, it had tons of stickers on the back".

MOO

Just woken up here , sad news . Heartbroken for her fam and friends . As a mum my daughter , however old she gets , is still my wee girl . You have to let them make their own way in life but it's hard. Counting my blessings .

My post responds to another post and reflects that LE evidently (per the other post) referred to DL as a “skilled outdoorsman”. They could only have got that idea from someone who knew DL (perhaps family) or from DL himself via detritus (e.g. scraps of evidence found in the van). LE would otherwise have no grounds to dub DL any kind of outdoorsman.
BL are his initials. Brian Laundrie.

More than enough IMO. Most evidence is circumstantial, not many murderers kill in front of witnesses.
True, but direct evidence combined with circumstantial evidence is better. For example, he used a gun he was in possession of after, or, he bit her arm and dental records prove it was him. Things like that.

When was the actual last sighting of Laundrie by a 3rd party? — Not his family saying he was home on the first and left last Tuesday.

I am asking when someone else has actually seen BL since his weird, quick possible hitchhike debacle (that makes no sense on his part) in the Grand Tetons?

I am assuming he obviously drove her van home and according to his lawyer, his family, or GP’s family, he arrived back to FL on 09/01, but has anyone seen him?

He could have had so much time to leave before anyone knew he was gone… And personally, I do not think he has committed suicide— mostly, because I think someone would have found him by now because he already would have done it if he was going to do it…

For all we know, he’s in Mexico (I know some say PR), Greece, or literally anywhere by now.

Am I the only one who thinks it’s odd that she wasn’t found earlier. If it was full and busy like it’s been stated then how in the world wasn’t she found sooner? If she wasn’t buried then shouldn’t their be buzzards. If she was buried wouldn’t someone notice disturbed ground?

I would understand if it was not busy but it was stated it had been full . It’s been almost a month!

They suspended the search for the night because it got dark. They will resume in the morning. MOO

Just to correct this... it was not dark when they suspended the search. There was probably another 45 minutes - 1 hour of light left. I'm on the east coast too and when I heard they had suspended the search for the day I looked outside to check it wasn't later than I thought. It was still very light out.

It's been a while since I've been in that situation but, at least on an iPhone, I believe if a text can't be sent via iMessage then it attempts to send via SMS and then if *that* fails then it simply stops trying and gives you the option to try sending again. I don't think it would wait and send a day later, for example.
I know my wife's phone sometimes doesn't get my texts until the next day. I've seen it happen, so no, she isn't just blowing me off .

The one that stood out to me was what I believe is Frankenstein's Monster - the largest one with the bolts through the neck which has been added on the top third of the right hand door. This is a bit creepy in light of what has transpired.

I wonder if BL started adding stickers in an attempt to visually change the van?

If he was trying to keep a low profile and not go in any shops or petrol stations then his options to attempt to disguise or alter the appearance of the van would be very limited. Perhaps the stickers had been bought previously and he added them because it was all he could do to try and change how the van looked visually at a cursory glance from a passing vehicle?

Any passing vehicles who didn't know what plate number to be on the lookout for might dismiss the van on the basis, "Oh, that can't be it, it had tons of stickers on the back".

MOO
Agreed, I think the change in stickers were part of an apparently overall disorganized effort on BL's part to try and cover up his tracks/crime. Though I find the choice in wording of the stickers quite eerie, reminds me of Chris Watts googling familocentric lyrics after killer his family.

I haven't kept up with the posts, and please don't crucify me, but... if they find him alive and if he goes to trial, I bet the defense requests a lesser included offense of manslaughter. While we don't know how GP died, I could see a plausible theory that he didn't kill her with "malice aforethought" or premeditation. His actions after death do not indicate to me that he had a plan. I see panic---not calling the police; hurriedly burying her body in an ineffective manner; rushing home in her car to his parents home. I don't know if this defense could be successful, but I think it is a more plausible defense than some sort of temporary insanity. Of course, there are lots of facts that we don't know yet, so this is all speculation. (i.e., MOO)

Please note that I am not excusing his actions in any way---I'm just predicting that they will assert a particular defensive theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper