Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was discussed lastnight. You can walk right into Mexico with no ID and no tests. Not to mention that arrival by boat negates any "official procedures". Hypothetically if his parents have an island or mexico vacation home - he could walk right up on the beach without even a single person noticing.
Interesting. In California you need a valid passport to enter Mexico.
A valid passport is required to enter either country in most cases. It is true there are special allowances for U.S. citizens living along the southern border, people traveling on maritime business and residents of either country who meet certain eligibility requirements to travel without a passport. But proof of citizenship is required.
Fact check: Valid passport, other proof required to cross U.S. border

ETA:
The land border between Mexico and the United States is closed for nonessential travel through at least September 21. However, air travel is allowed.
Travel to Mexico during Covid-19: What you need to know before you go

Last edited by a moderator:
In regards to the van door closing, didn't the couple that took the video say they were going to stop and say hello, but the van didn't appear to have any activity, so they didn't? If that's the case, I think that rules out the door opening/closing, etc. because they would have seen that and knew that someone was there.

Imo, the door closing was only visible when the video was slowed down after the fact.

Just getting to look at the reports now. Entin stated there were 15 agents there and the video then cut off. Has there been any reporting or is there any indication that video equipment was also brought in? In other words, any indication that some of these agents are conducting an interview of the parents as others are executing the search? Entin said the parents were back in the house. Any word on counsel showing up?

It's been a long time. An unusually long time it seems.

BL lives in NY, not FL, right? Isn’t that where he and Gabby live … together?… (NY) and began their trip? Why didn’t he drive back to NY, or someplace else (to go on the run)? Someone mentioned maybe he needed money. Would his parents really lend him money—that would not be a bad sign. Does he visit their house often, or was this a surprise visit?
No. BL and GP lived with Brian's parents in North Port, FL.
Earlier in their lives, they lived in NY and went to high school together.
IIRC They went from FL to NY to watch a High School Graduation and started their road trip from there.

IMO they barely glanced at the van when you look at the camera view of the driver. As to the door shutting, you have to watch the slowed down, zoomed in version that is posted on this thred where it does become clearly evident that a door is shutting. If you were driving down the road, highly unlikely you would have noticed it. All IMO.
Yes. I couldn't tell from the first video but I can clearly see the doors quickly closing, as if someone inside heard a car coming and didn't want to be seen. Imo

IMO, BL, pretty much cinched his conviction when he decided to impostor GP and sent text messages from her phone. If not for this he'd have somewhat of an alibi by contending he and GP had separated, he then hitchhiked into town before having a change of heart and returning only to find the van empty and GP missing. Then blaming GP death on a bear attack.

hmmm, this day and age that can be transferred anonymously and easily through western union or the like, passport is only needed to return to the usa and he had a van to live in, why did he not go directly there before the parents were suspicious. Its odd that he didn't, yet on the run allegedly now
As far as I know, unless I missed it in these multiple fast-moving threads, we still have no proof whatsoever that he (BL) actually was in Florida himself -- no one other than his parents have allegedly laid eyes on him since he was out west, supposedly hitchhiking after being separated from Gabby.

Am I mistaken, have we gotten ANY proof so far that anyone has actually seen him in FL?

I'm sure LE is being straightforward when they say they've exhausted the search for BL in swampland. But I wonder if stopping the search isn't also to pressure on his parents. If they really don't know where he is they should be down on their hands & knees begging LE to keep searching.

Just want to insert here that projecting hate onto Laundrie's parents does no one any good. I totally get the outrage and the cry for justice. Me too!! But no matter what happened, they are human beings and I believe it's safe to say that they're experiencing a bewildering grief of their own.
OK projecting hate yes but projecting suspicion that they assisted their son somehow in the days following Gabby's likely death is completely reasonable. It's also unfathomable how they completely shut Gabby's family out from any information or contact from their son they knew happened.

So I'm fine with not spewing vitriol at them but they absolutely deserve a cloud of suspicion right now.

I think the FBI confirmed it was her, didn’t they? Later last night.

EDIT: I’m making this up apparently! But I don’t think they would act as confident if there wasn’t some indication that was assuredly her.
FBI had not officially identified (i.e., DNA, dental, etc.) recovered body as Gabby but they were confident enough to publicly extend condolences to her family. Dr. Baden cited on recap that Gabby had several unique tattoos that are typically preserved on the dermis after extended days and decomposition. MOO

I
There's a certain bitter irony that another "vanlife" (or rather RV life) influencer couple might have been the key to cracking this case. BL should have realized that Gabby was not the only one out there with a camera documenting everything for social media.
I think there video is great video evidence of the van, but if I remember correctly LE was already searching the spread creek area. There were sightings of the van by Elk Spotters being discussed days before the YouTubers looked at their video on Saturday night

I’m still confused why it took so long to find her remains. It’s been stated that this area was full of campers and busy. It’s odd that nobody noticed a body for a month. Or if buried nobody noticed a area or disturbed earth. It would be extremely noticeable in that terrain
I think it is because the dispersed camping area stretches over a large area but when they had the YT'ers sighting then they were able to narrow the area around that specific camp site.

I’m still confused why it took so long to find her remains. It’s been stated that this area was full of campers and busy. It’s odd that nobody noticed a body for a month. Or if buried nobody noticed a area or disturbed earth. It would be extremely noticeable in that terrain

Yes, it is busy but she was approx 900 ft away, across the river, laying among the trees (not buried). Unless someone crossed that area they would have been unlikely to see her.

I think this warrant has one primary reason (with other evidence searching small reasons of course). To get the parents communication records to find out if they've been communicating with BL and hopefully along with that - discover where he is.
Sorry if I've missed it--can the parents be charged with aiding and abetting before BL is officially a suspect? Or before he is charged?

I wonder what the van looked like on the inside at the time it was taken in. We know from the body cam footage how messy it was. Some people here seem to think someone was sitting back there and closed the door in the footage from the YouTuber. I have no opinion on that other than if it was in a similar state to the body cam footage there’d have been very little wiggle room for him to enclose himself in at that point. But of course, Gabby could’ve had it tidied up at any point after the police stop. Anyway… I guess I’m curious if the bulk of the van’s contents were not with the van when it was ceased and maybe that is a reason the shed behind the Laundrie house was measured? Maybe he drove the van back there to toss or clean up? Just thinking out loud. Apologies if this makes no sense. This case has my head spinning in a hundred different directions.

Just bumping this again so others can view it.

It clearly shows someone is in the van as the door definitely closes.

@Matic - here you go :p
Oh wow - am I just late to the game is seeing that there is a little pass through in the trees with logs to walk on RIGHT behind the van?
relinking for convenience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members