Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine that what likely happened is that GP's grandfather was texting her about something and BL didn't want him raising the alarm that she wasn't responding so he texted GP's mom from her phone to try to defuse the situation. If that's what happened, this must have been not too long after she died.

Seems crazy that BL is seen (possibly) in Tillmans and then a body pops up behind the Verizon. I don't see why he would sneak off to AL then harm himself. But someone recognizing him and he then defends himself? But then again they found a backpack as well. Ugh...I cna't decide.

A reporter at the scene of the Walmart body discovery mentioned that Brian is "a fugitive who is wanted for the disappearance of his fiance". Can anyone confirm that he is now a wanted suspect, or is this reporter not doing his due diligence?

Since we've been given the go ahead to talk about the situation in Alabama, I have been watching the live stream. They found a body behind a dumpster near the Walmart there ("Tillman Corners"). They took pictures & transported the person away.

MSM had reported they were in town today checking out reports BL had been seen there.

So what should they have done. Whats your legal solution for completing that DV stop?
For me, I think it would have been appropriate for the NPS officers to have made sure she made it to her camping spot there in Arches. That may not have been a possibility, but IMO she was not in a good state to drive at that moment. That is a concern I personally have with the traffic stop.

8/27 the text to mom referred to her grandfather by the name "Stan" which Gabby didn't do, this is what caused the mom to question it.
This is odd. Hypothetically, let's say Brian texted it from her phone pretending to be Gabby, why would he refer to her grandfather as Stan? Did she not have her grandfather’s name programmed to her phone as “grandpa”? IMO this only makes sense if she for some reason had her grandfather’s name programmed as Stan.

I find it interesting the manner in which the car was towed away - it’s usually only done that way if they didn’t have the keys. Which, as we know, conflicts with what we’ve been told about parents driving it back….so, that means they refused to turn over the keys?

I wondered about this too.

But perhaps they don't want the tow truck driver or a LE person being inside the car lest it mess with forensics? (Disregarding that LE opened the car in the driveway the other day as seen on video.)

I don't know what you want the LE to do when GP herself said the reason she was slapping him was to get him to stop telling her to calm down. Yes, she should leave an abusive mate, but as far as I know that type of emotional abuse isn't illegal and not something the cops can act on. They did what they could. They separated him from her and gave the keys to the van to her.

BBM. Emotional abuse is a form of domestic violence. Do you really not see harm in threatening to leave your loved one alone in a deserted place without transportation? Taking their phone so they are unable to call for help? LE could have provided GP with information on Domestic Violence resources and also encouraged her to phone her family for support. Treating her as the perp in front of her abuser was the worst response possible. JMO

Utah Code Section 77-36-1

ok so the text to Gabby,s mother on the 27th said ....can you help me with Stan, i cant get ahold of him.....and Gabby,s mother said Gabby never called her grandfather by his first name so thats what made her think it wasnt Gabby....

So my thinking here is that it could have been a way for her to let her mom know something isn't right and asking for help without asking for help. Given they were together 24/7, she had no privacy and certainly couldn't send a text to anyone about what was going on regarding the fighting.

My own experience gives me this view into this. I can't imagine that she had any privacy on any level, especially on when she communicated with others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l