Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That search warrant clearly states that Gabby was an endangered missing person, and that she may not be able to care for herself. It also states again that the incident 8/12 was determined to be a "mental health crisis". Can we please stop trying to portray this in a different way?

This is not self defense. You report self defense. You don't go on the run.
You possibly would if you were a true victim and felt you were to blame even though it was in self defence. Not saying this is what happened as I’m still open minded. To me there is a reason his parents are protecting him, that only they will know, but i think at this point with a body his parents will be more open, unless they truly believe their sons version.

Yeah, getting caught was a poor choice of words on my part. It’s clear to me that he doesn’t want to be caught per se. But I could imagine him wanting her to be found. IMO
Do you mean that he might've been ambivalent and wanted her to be found even if it was he who killed her? I guess that's possible, but it seems very unlikely to me. I mean, even if he is clueless, why would he think her body wouldn't implicate him in some way? And if it wasn't he who killed her, why did he act the way he has and not report her disappearance to law enforcement?

JMO

The first fake text was on Aug 27

The van sighting by the Bethunes was Aug 27 approx 6pm Mountain Standard Time.

Can we find out when that text was generated?

The Bethunes may have come across the van just AFTER GP was murdered and while BL either had her in the van or had just taken her out to thr grave ! :eek::eek::eek:

But let's get real - it's usually the man as the aggressor, and far more men end up killing their abused spouse than women abusers do. And behavior of each role usually not always aligns along similar behaviors - unlikely to see a male victim crying and wringing his hands while the female abuser stands cold and jokes with LE.

So if course it's not possible to know everything, but it never is, and yet inferences are drawn all the time - because they're correct often enough to be comfortable with that as at least a starting point possibility.
And extrodinarily unfair and dangerous when the convenience of assumption is put in action.

Since a lot of people may have missed it:

Timestamp 8:35 is where there is a discussion of whether BL hit GP or not. She explains that he grabbed her face. Demonstrates it twice. And says that's how she got the cut on her left cheek, and that she can "still feel it".

Later on in the cam footage someone says that "there are marks on her too". I think it's the bearded officer, but it might be BL. Hard to tell. But it was discussed.

Here is a cropped version of a clearer screenshot of the aforementioned cut. Note that I have only cropped the screenshot, not done any other editing. Timestamp is visible.

Hand cut/scratch, with timestamp visible:

I also think that there is a redness on her right arm, just above the elbow that looks like pressure marks from a hand grab. It's faint and seems to only start appearing later on. My guess is she would have had bruises there in a few hours. But YMMV.

gabby.png

link to the source:

What irks me is that it's discussed and shown to various officers in the cam footage but not written up in the report. Nor do they take pictures of HER injuries.

Certainly there's going to be a "national discussion" about how effective police procedures are when it comes to protecting people who are being abused. When a domestic abuse call doesn't result in some serious and direct questioning of the victim and the victimizer (which were, of course, the reverse of who the police deduced it to be), when the police are seen pal'ing around with someone who has just been reported to be "slapping" their companion, yet they're saying things like "I know when my wife gets mad...". It's horrific, really. Great that the police are polite and respectful with all concerned, not so great that they ignored all the red flags and were a little too nice. And then the PR policeman in Florida, the "not my job" guy, wow. Yes, sir, there was no crime alleged in North Port, there's also nothing stopping police from performing some surveillance (if they don't want to see imminent suspects run away, that is). Epic fails, coast to coast.

Bethune's called FBI at 1AM according to their statements. She was located several hours later on that same day only a thousand feet or so from where that van was in the video. I am willing to guess they are the reason she was found so quickly.

Here is the Bethune’s video (approved by WS) from last night where they spoke about the van sighting video. She said she also spoke to Gabby’s mother. I thought I’d share it again.

Last edited:
I wonder what the current interest is in the shed? (they took photographs behind it and recently opened the door)
While I think today's search was planned, I suspect it's likely that something that was clearly visible on her body when she was found informed a significant amount of and nature of the work they conducted today..
Pure speculation.

I saw most of the live coverage at the laundrie house today, but not all. Did anyone see LE search of the truck camper in the driveway? I did not. Also, some of the “evidence” boxes were styrofoam boxes (empty). What do you suppose that was about?
The FBI was inside the house for about 8 hrs. They brought in food and drink. (per Brian Entin tweeting live from the house next door to Laundrie). Thus, the Styrofoam coolers.

Last edited:
This helps, thank you.
I wonder why he left that HD in the van. Seems odd, I was thinking he would have cleared everything out of there. Maybe there was more in there than I'm thinking.
I think that he did not want to deal with anything. Mom and Dad were handling it for him and he was in his bedroom with the blanket over his head.

Two thoughts (this might be my first post after many many years of lurking - like 7).

Has LE said whether BL has his phone, wallet, anything? I suppose he has nothing bc he either went somewhere to kill himself, or was given cash by his parents. But is the location of his phone unknown?

And regarding the stickers on the van -- wondering if these are in fact magnets (any or all of them) and perhaps their rearranging was because the van had to be cleaned. Maybe he backed into her? I know the location and amount of these stickers/magnets changed, but I am unclear as to what the timeline is on those!

I am a scientist and not superstitious but.... damn, that makes you think something supernatural intervened here.

It really is absolutely amazing that these specific folks from Florida (so they noticed the plate) drove by this location at this time with a dash cam recording which worked and they were diligent enough to review the footage and that they called the fbi. It all had to come together exactly right and it did. It's miraculous really. MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member