Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m interested that the Laundrie parents’ lawyer has done a good job about advising everyone to stay silent but then the Lawyer himself schedules a press conference. I know we have some lawyers here, I’m curious if you agree with this move? It may be hard to speculate without knowing what the lawyer has to say but I have to admit that while I very much dislike the silence, it’s effective. If the lawyer wants to arrange a time to discuss the possibility of BL turning himself in to LE (just speculation) or comment on the case, it seems like those comments would best serve everyone if he directed them to the appropriate LE? I understand the press want answers, but they’re not really entitled to answers. I don’t agree with the moves of BL or his parents but I would think that in such a frenzied case, fewer words would be best in a court of law if it comes to that. I’m surprised at this move by the lawyer and curious what others make of this. All above is JMO.
His methods are certainly intriguing.

Ok, so lets say they did all those things. Given that they both had marks, she admits to slapping and hitting him and he still only claims he pushed her away. legally, how should it end? GP arrested. BL arrested? Both arrested?

(Also, they were actually talking about taking GB to a motel instead of jail when they asked BL if they had money for a motel. )
But instead, they took BL to a hotel and left GP with her van alone at night!

Have you got a screenshot with it before the title got changed? I’m thinking we should upload it to the fbi digital thing…

Try pasting it into PowerPoint, crop if possible, and then shrink it way down. I've gotten things that would load to load that way. There's probably a better way to do it, too.

I can't figure out if maybe the cop was just being a bro or if he was truly projecting his own life experiences onto this call.
I did not find their overall response inappropriate, without our 20/20 hindsight, given the alternative to gabbie or both getting a permanent DV arrest record.
But the chat on the vehicle after, even if an innocent attempt to be an older bro, was miles off base IMHO

I think it was because they wanted to alert people of a finding, regardless, but probably why. Plus, if that is Gabby, she certainly would've been decomposed beyond recognition.

They wouldn't have notified the family if they weren't certain. The 100% confirmation will come from DNA/dental records. However, there is still clothing identifiers, distintive rings/jewelry, tattoos, and her long blonde hair. Bear in mind that the other two people missing in the area were said to be male.

I’m not one to rehash the past as we can’t change any of it. Missteps were made. Moving forward, I’d like to see travel records being checked for BL taking a flight somewhere. Does he have a passport?
My guess is he’s no longer in FL.
Maybe he was able to hitchhike somewhere else. He could be anywhere and wearing a mask will help in his anonymity.
IMO he will eventually end up on an America’s Most Wanted list before this is all through.
Unless I missed it, BL can go where ever he pleases. Until and unless he is arrested or is required by law to surface. The reason for the search for him is because his parents have reported him as a danger to himself, most likely. Which he may be—I would not be surprised, nor would anyone else if BL turns up dead or seriously self harmed.

Ok here we go......
Ive been thinking and thinking on this case and I have a scenario that most probably won't agree with but I can really relate too.
I have a foster daughter who is 5'3 and might weigh 105lbs.
Now she is the sweetest thing you would ever want to meet, but child let me tell you what, behind the scenes she thinks she is 6foot 300lbs. She gives her husband a run for his money which he isn't much bigger then she is.
Now, I believe Gabby could and did have fights with Brian, I believe the whole relationship was full of fights and arguments. I also believe that BL's parents living right there in the home also was aware of how they faught.
Now the first time Brian flew home IMO he and Gabby broke up. He wanted to go home, she didn't, he called Mom and Dad, they sent him a plane ticket home, he got there an said, we are through, its over I can't take this anymore....they packed up all of Gabby's things and put it in the storage shed so that when she came back she could pick up her stuff.
Of course after a few days of talking in the phone and messaging each other they decided to get back together and Brian flew back to be with Gabby...after a couple days of being back together as often happens, the relationship went right back to the argueong and fighting, only this time it went to far and things got out of control and Gabby paid for it.
Brian of course instead of doing the right thing went home, scared and I'm pretty sure told his parents exactly what happened and instead of being the kind of parents that would make him call police and explain the whole thing decided that they would help him to stay out of jail and this is where we are today!!

Thanks for including the pronunciation of Togwotee! He could've easily taken the highway to Riverton, then to Casper or Rawlins, Cheyenne, and eventually Denver. I doubt he'd go over the western mountains and go the Buffalo/Sheridan route east. He'd already been in Colorado so he'd at least be familiar with the highways and terrain going south. However, Google Maps is saying to go south out of Jackson to Pinedale and down to Rock Springs. Maybe since he isn't a local he'd go that way?

That last would take you to Interstate 80. It would be the quickest way to get to a high-speed Interstate highway. Going through Riverton to Rawlins also takes you to I-80. From there, you'd have a bunch of choices to head southward.

I keep wondering whether he left the van for, ahem, somebody else to pick up and headed north to the airport in Bozeman and a flight to most anywhere.

Hm, now that I think about it, he wouldn't have to go as far as Bozeman. At this time of year, West Yellowstone airport has direct service to both SLC and Denver, possibly other places as well.

For one thing, maybe DON'T say, in public, repeatedly, that you "know exactly where he is" when you only have his parents' word for it. Creating a false sense of trust and security in the community by lying, in my opinion, was very much the wrong way to go. And the unprofessional outbursts of defensiveness are not helping this impression, not one bit.
I agree relay and report facts, not hearsay. Hearsay is not even allowed in court.

EXCELLENT list. Add to it that the 911 caller and eye witness said clearly that Laundrie was slapping and hitting Petito. That should have been a red flag as well. It was ignored and actually turned around on the girl.

Absolutely. I left that one out only because there was also an observation of her striking at him. Personally, I think in most cases those are qualitatively different things, but in my comment I just treated them as being cancelled out, given the discussion about what LE knew when they made the stop. :)

My guess would be that it could potentially suggest he is still alive depending on when it was changed? Also could point to his frame of mind given the original Playlist title for those interested in speculating on deeper meaning behind their (POI or suspects) choices & actions.

Yes. If BL changed his Spotify list, it indicates that he's alive and online.

I have two sons..one with a temper..does not like a "loud-mouthed, mouthy woman who smacks him, hits him". But his temper thank GOD does not get out of control..he has been told..yeah, we know, women can push buttons and they do they on purpose. But you walk away, and you don't go back and let her know why. You'll find someone you're compatible with. But don't ever, ever, lay a hand cuz she won't have to call LE, we will. And maybe an ambulance cuz I hit you upside the head with something. I know women can be the abuser. But so often it is the male and they are stronger and bigger and I slap from a woman might leave a red mark or fingernail marks (sometimes that's women have for defence) but a "slap" from a stronger male (or a parent to a child) is so much more stronger, violent. moo Still not my post, but I'll go with this one. m00

There is verifiable evidence that the van returned on 9/1 at about 10:30 at night. But the verification was done by passing through a toll booth and picture of the vehicle and lic plate, but there was no indication there was any picture of who was driving the vehicle. I don't believe there were any sources that related anyone actually seeing BL in FL since 9/1.
10:26 AM 9/1
It was morning, not night.

Attachments

• 95801B93-9D2B-4325-9464-AFC5B0AAB54F.jpeg
    95801B93-9D2B-4325-9464-AFC5B0AAB54F.jpeg
    30.7 KB · Views: 13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online