Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mother of missing Gabby Petito says boyfriend and his family IGNORED her desperate texts | Daily Mail Online

The distraught mother also clarified that Gabby and Brian had been engaged, but decided to call it off and go back to just dating because they felt they were too young for marriage.

'I think they kind of put that on hold just because they felt it was a little fast. They were excited at first, but then they were like, let's just wait, we're very young. So they were really just boyfriend and girlfriend,' she said.

Schmidt has recently seen photos in the news of Brian's father performing yard work.
'If they cared about her, they would want to find her,' she said. 'Why aren't you out helping find her?'
'I don't want to seem accusatory,' she said. 'It's confusing, my mind is turning right now.'
She's also questioning Brian's trip back to Florida in August to help his father move their things into a storage unit. She wonders why it was necessary to move Gabby's things during their road trip and what became of her stuff. 'Where are her things?' she asked.

From this he flew back to Florida during the road trip and left gabby there, and their things were moved to a storage unit his dad helped him. And her mom doesn’t know where her things are at all!

Bolded red 1: with all due respect to the family, they can't know for sure this is what happened since Gabby is missing and BL isn't talking.

Bolded red 2: due respect again of course, but, they also can't know this to be true, for the same reasons.

jmo

I agree with all the above until this article.

The fiancé of Gabby Petito, who went missing on a cross-country road trip, won't speak to authorities, police say

Now we have LE also saying that he is being incorporative.
But like you, I’m not sure how the parents can know 100% that he left her there before returning to FL or that anything specifically occurred or not if he is not talking to them or LE.
JMO
And that’s not to say I agree with how the bf is choosing to deal with everything or that I think the parents are being too hard or accusatory; that’s not the case at all.

I can't be the only one that doesn't see anything wrong with the statement, can I?

1. Acknowledging both families are having a difficult time, as I'm sure they are. Gabby's family obviously having a harder time due to her missing status, doesn't mean the L family isn't also having a difficult time. There's still a heck of a lot none of us know. I think something really awful happened for sure.
2. Expressing the L family's hope for a successful search, and a reunion with her family. I'm pretty sure we all want the same thing, yes?
3. Lawyer admitting it's him that advised them to essentially keep a low profile and say nothing. Makes perfect sense to me. I'm pretty sure I've seen some of our verified lawyer members here, advise the exact same thing. Maybe @gitana1 or @Alethea can weigh in on this specific aspect?

jmo

I agree that there really isn’t anything wrong with the words he chose in his statement. I think for a lot of ppl it’s more of what’s NOT included with the statement. IMO. It seems to lack emotions…and action; most ppl would naturally expect him to be looking for someone who he professed to love. Again, JMO. But I do agree that his statement alone does not point to him automatically being guilty or wrong.

The thing is his statement greatly contradicts the reality of the situation because in it he claims to hope she is found alive yet he refuses to give law enforcement or her family any intel as to her last known whereabouts, let alone a confirmation or dismissal of what they believe that location to be. If he truly had even an ounce of hope of her being alive why not offer any bit of information he has to help them rescue her? MOO
I don't believe he said "he hopes she's found alive." He stated " I hope she's re-united with her family."

Nice twist on the search comment as well....Two different paragraphs. He understands that a search has been organized in or near the Grand Teton National Park. Then he goes on to say On behalf of the family, he hopes the search is successful.
Is he implying overall, or specifically to the park?

Snipped from the statement.....

“I understand that a search has been organized for Miss Petito in or near Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming,” Brian Laundrie said in a statement, according to ABC News.

Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie are seen in this Instagram post.
“On behalf of the Laundrie family it is our hope that the search for Miss Petito is successful and that Miss Petito is re-united with her family,” said the statement, issued through an attorney.

The fiancé of Gabby Petito, who went missing on a cross-country road trip, won't speak to authorities, police say

Investigators with the North Port Police Department seized the van over the weekend, a spokesman, Josh Taylor, said.

"We showed up. We see the vehicle. We take the vehicle," Taylor told Insider. "We make an attempt to talk with Brian, and his family declined to make him available, and they gave us the information for his attorney."

"Right now we don't have a crime. We have a concern of a crime," Taylor said.

Taylor said the van "could be a key piece of evidence" in the case.

"It's her van," Taylor said of Petito. "She's not here. He is. So I think it was important for us to take that vehicle and to preserve potential evidence."

Taylor said the van would "be processed accordingly, as far as fingerprinting and other types of forensic processes."

The double impact of the family statement and BL's statement is making my heart bleed.

The family’s anguish is palpable, and I’m relieved for them that they were allowed to publicly issue such a strongly worded statement to Brian.

Conversely, his tone of “To Whom it May Concern” is very striking for what it omits, such as love, worry, fear or desperation to find her. It comes off as though he is desperate to minimize their connection and keep her family at arm’s length. “Miss Petito.” How extremely disgusting.

With the FBI involved, I am sure that was calculated too. They usually have a plan for how to get to people. Maybe allowing some distance for a few days, but since that statement was released by his lawyer and it was so cold, maybe they decided to allow their statement to break him to agree to speak. I agree that lawyering up is smart, but not speaking at all when you know he can say when and where was the last place he saw her at the very least.

Why on earth would BL fly back to Florida in the middle of their road trip....to help his dad pack stuff into storage? And then presumably fly back?

I'm thinking his only return to Florida is when he drove back after Aug 25 (Gabby's FaceTime with mom, assuming that Gabby would have told her mom if BL had flown back earlier).
I read somewhere that BL arrived back in Florida with the van on August 30....but cannot confirm that as fact.
August 30 is also the date that Gabby's mom received the text, being unsure if that text was genuinely from Gabby though.

We really need an accurate timeline.

Has anyone seen if GP’s mother says how she sounded or seemed during the last call?
Do we know the content of the texts to mom after the 25th?

Another possible story, she overdosed on whatever and I didn’t know what to do so I left her. MOO

Always appreciate your expertise - the fiancé is not cooperating with LE or FBI and LE seized her van from the home both he and gabby live in with his parents late Saturday after her parents reported her missing when the boyfriend and his mother refused to take her calls. I have a media thread if you are interested in catching up. jmo
Wow just wow!!

Why on earth would BL fly back to Florida in the middle of their road trip....to help his dad pack stuff into storage? And then presumably fly back?

I'm thinking his only return to Florida is when he drove back after Aug 25 (Gabby's FaceTime with mom, assuming that Gabby would have told her mom if BL had flown back earlier).
I read somewhere that BL arrived back in Florida with the van on August 30....but cannot confirm that as fact.
August 30 is also the date that Gabby's mom received the text, being unsure if that text was genuinely from Gabby though.

We really need an accurate timeline.

Maybe their argument went 911 and a report was taken. All speculation of course.

Has anyone seen if GP’s mother says how she sounded or seemed during the last call?

Another possible story, she overdosed on whatever and I didn’t know what to do so I left her. MOO

22-year-old woman vanishes while documenting cross-country trip with boyfriend

She last spoke to her mother, Nichole Schmidt, on Aug. 24, when she informed her that she and Laundrie were on their way to Grand Teton, Wyoming, and Yellowstone National Park, Schmidt told ABC News.

"She sounded good and excited to continue her trip and excited to start her YouTube channel," Schmidt said in tears. "She seemed OK."

The family of missing Long Island woman Gabby Petito on Tuesday slammed her boyfriend for stonewalling police and refusing to say where he last saw the 22-year-old — as the search for her continues.

Petito’s mother, Nicole Schmidt, and her father, Joe Petito, have both pleaded for her return.

“The Schmidt and Petito family are going through the worst moments of their lives,” according to the statement, posted on Twitter Tuesday by WNBC reporter Pei-Sze Cheng.

Gabby Petito’s family ‘begs’ missing woman’s boyfriend to talk to cops

"Aug. 23 or 24: Petito’s last FaceTime call with her mother."

Previously it was Aug 24 or 25, stated by her mom.
Wish we could have accuracy. A date may be important.

However, him waiting until September 11 to report her missing is not particularly good regardless, coupled with the fact that she has apparently had nothing to say to her parents or friends in the interim 2+ weeks either. :(

Onterio, it stands to reason they know a whole lot more behind the scenes than we do at the moment...

I was referring specifically to the points they made. I agree they have far more insight to things than the public does but since Gabby is missing and BL isn't talking, they can't know what happened. Yet. My hope and prayer is they find out soon.

Her mother stated this about the text:

She told DailyMila.com, 'It didn't sound stressed or anything like that. It was just a little bit weird, the things that she was saying.' She didn't elaborate further.

Mother of missing Gabby Petito says boyfriend and his family IGNORED her desperate texts | Daily Mail Online

My thoughts only..they had a fight, something happened, his story to his family she left me for someone else, took her stuff , left me the van. So I had to fly back and help move her stuff out immediately! And then flew back to get van. I don't want to talk to her family about anything because she broke my heart. Jmo moo..and his parents probably believe that.

I could get on board with the fact they may have had a fight and broke up, and it was decided he would drive the van back to Florida while she would continue on or make other arrangements.

What falls apart after that is that she has had no contact with her family, and from everything we have read, she talked to her family at least three times a week. It's unnerving there has been no contact. Something has happened to her. I don't believe she freaked out and walked off and has purposefully not contacted her parents, friends, or cousin. Despite where the truth lies, I don't believe this will have a good outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KLD2245