Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very confused about BL going back to FL. Was it before Aug 25 or was that the reason he drove home without her?? Does anyone have information about this trip back to move things?
This is what I want to know. They were seen checking out of the SLC hotel room on 8/24. It sounds like Gabby’s mom had been in touch with her pretty regularly until the 25th. I feel like the trip back to Florida occurred in late August, after her last contact with her mom. IMO

This sounds bad. :(

Why not just give Gabby's stuff back to her family ??
It wouldn't cause any harm .
If the items Gabby cherished were given back to her family, I'd think that would mean a lot to them !
Imo.
too much nonsense and things not adding up i feel, i hate to say it so soon but I see nothing good coming out of this.

She's also questioning B.L’s trip back to Florida in August to help his father move their things into a storage unit. She wonders why it was necessary to move Gabby's things during their road trip and what became of her stuff.

'Where are her things?' she asked.

Mother of missing Gabby Petito says boyfriend and his family IGNORED her desperate texts | Daily Mail Online

That's a twist. :eek:

When in August did this occur?

Where was Gabby when the travel companion went back to Florida to help his dad move their stuff?

Did he drive to Florida in their van and leave GP alone without transp & shelter or did he fly?

If he drove, seems to me that leaving GP stranded would not be unknown to him.

Why the urgency to move things to storage?

ETA: I have good reason to believe this detour to Florida occurred prior to 8/24 - need WS approved source to add.

Last edited:
How about just saying I saw G on this date at this location? That’s what’s wrong with this impersonal contrived statement IMO
Good point, and one we'd ALL love the answer to.
I suspect something really terrible happened and the how and the why is what's keeping him quiet, as per his legal counsel.

jmo

A) The last photo of the halloween post, she's in a different outfit which is weird. b) The last 3 posts there are a lot of misspelled typos, she's talking more about brian than herself....he posted those posts. On all her previous posts, she just has one sentence she writes. They are also old pics from weeks ago. c) the posts went from daily, to 2 weeks of no posts, to 3 posts by brian mig Aug, to nothing. It's completely fishy IMO.
There are others that are wordy and make reference to BL. Aug. 12th post is one.

The first sentence in the brief statement is to ensure everyone knows what a difficult time they are also having!
After how they are treating her family, literally refusing to speak to her family or help with the search from afar; they refuse to be involved but have to mention their difficult time. :eek:
And to call her "Ms Petito," not "Gabby?" As if she was never part of their family and lives.
No attempt to express empathy for the nightmare her family is experiencing.
Stone cold, this statement is.
Too me when you start calling the "love of your life" Ms. this or that, then something bad has happened.

IMO-

1. Because, like you pointed out, one family is desperately searching for their child, and they don't know if she is alive or not while the other is sitting with their child safe at home. IMO those aren't comparable "difficult" situations and perhaps a better, more compassionate thing to have said was, we understand Gabby's family is going through a challenging time. They should have left themselves out.

2. Because saying you hope they have a successful search when the family and LE might not even know if they are searching in the right area is a bit of a slap in the face. The least possible thing BL could do in this situation is let LE know the last place he saw and or was with Gabby. It's a contradictory statement to wish someone well on their search on the one hand while not offering up any information that may be helpful on the other.

Again all just my opinions-

3: Referring to her as ‘Miss Petito’ is very cold and distancing when she’s someone who lived with you for months.

The first sentence in the brief statement is to ensure everyone knows what a difficult time they are also having!
After how they are treating her family, literally refusing to speak to her family or help with the search from afar; they refuse to be involved but have to mention their difficult time. :eek:
And to call her "Ms Petito," not "Gabby?" As if she was never part of their family and lives.
No attempt to express empathy for the nightmare her family is experiencing.
Stone cold, this statement is.

Maybe I misunderstood but I was under the impression the statement was written and issued by their attorney. If that's the case, it explains the more formal tone to it.

Editing to add:

"Brian Laundrie's attorney, Steve Bertolino, issued the statement on the disappearance of Gabrielle Petito, whose family last heard from her on August 30.

"This is an extremely difficult time for both the Petito family and the Laundrie family. I understand that a search has been organized for Miss Petito in or near Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming. On behalf of the Laundrie family, it is our hope that the search for Miss Petito is successful and that Miss Petito is re-united with her family. On the advice of counsel, the Laundrie family is remaining in the background at this juncture and will have no further comment."
Boyfriend of missing Long Island native issues statement through lawyer

The statement reads to me as if it's the attorney, speaking about the case, the families and Gabby in a more formal tone.

Last edited:
I feel like the story will be (speculating): being together 24/7 took a toll on their relationship. He wanted to return home, she did not, she met up with other kindred spirits and decided to travel with them. She says he can take the van back to Florida. What about her stuff? She’ll get it ‘some time.’ He (and his family) doesn’t want to be surrounded by her stuff so they rent the storage unit. IMO

[Do I think that’s what happened? No.]

That's a twist. :eek:

When in August did this occur?

Where was Gabby when the travel companion went back to Florida to help his dad move their stuff?

Did he drive to Florida in their van and leave GP alone without transp & shelter or did he fly?

If he drove, seems to me that leaving GP stranded would not be unknown to him.

Why the urgency to move things to storage?

Surely LE has confirmed whether or not he flew back and specific dates. I'm thinking "helping dad move stuff" is a cover for whatever he needed to escape from pronto.

This is what I want to know. They were seen checking out of the SLC hotel room on 8/24. It sounds like Gabby’s mom had been in touch with her pretty regularly until the 25th. I feel like the trip back to Florida occurred in late August, after her last contact with her mom. IMO
I disagree. They allegedly had plans to travel to Grand Tetons and Yellowstone at the last contact so I believe this trip back to Florida occurred earlier. We just need MSN to expand on NS's statement -- esp now that she's confirmed he took a detour to Florida. MOO

I saw another post on here mentioning how the photo of their van that is taken with a drone has been photoshopped to remove Brian's hat that was on the front dash.

I don't know if this has any significance but I do find it interesting how the photo that Gabby posted in a normal post on August 19 doesn't have the hat but the photo that was shared in the highlighted story called 'Van Life' has the same photo at the end of the reel but the hat is there. Very weird.

After we released our podcast episode about the case
Gabby's family sent is this statement:

"The Schmidt and Petito family are going through the worst moments of their lives. Their beautiful twenty-two year old daughter is missing and the one person that can help find Gabby refuses to help. Brian Laundrie was traveling with Gabby in the Grand Teton – Yellowstone area. They were traveling together in Gabby’s 2012 Ford Transit van. That is where we believe Gabby was last seen.
Brian is refusing to tell Gabby’s family where he last saw her. Brian is also refusing to explain why he left Gabby all alone and drove her van to Florida. These are critical questions that require immediate answers.
The Schmidt and Petito family beg the Laundrie family to not “remain in the background” but to help find who Brian referred to as the love of his life. How does Brian stay in the background when he is the one person that knows where Gabby is located?
The Schmidt and Petito family implore Brian to come forward and at least tell us if we are looking in the right area
."
BAM!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members