Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Questions…..what does it take to name a person of interest? Can LE get the POI phone records-to track his movements. This would be the best way I think to find her. Compare it to her phone.

Last edited:
A) The last photo of the halloween post, she's in a different outfit which is weird. b) The last 3 posts there are a lot of misspelled typos, she's talking more about brian than herself....he posted those posts. On all her previous posts, she just has one sentence she writes. They are also old pics from weeks ago. c) the posts went from daily, to 2 weeks of no posts, to 3 posts by brian mig Aug, to nothing. It's completely fishy IMO.
What really got me was the post about someone leaving the trash on the table, that doesn’t seem like something GP would say

The Florida man sought for questioning in the mysterious disappearance of Gabby Petitobroke his silence Tuesday, saying it’s “an extremely difficult time” for both families.

“I understand that a search has been organized for Miss Petito in or near Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming,” Brian Laundrie said in a statement, according to ABC News.

“On behalf of the Laundrie family it is our hope that the search for Miss Petito is successful and that Miss Petito is re-united with her family,” said the statement, issued through an attorney.

“On the advice of counsel the Laundrie family is remaining in the background at this juncture and will have no further comment,” it said.
———
Geez, how many times can he call her “Miss Petito ”? And could he sound any colder?

I can't be the only one that doesn't see anything wrong with the statement, can I?

1. Acknowledging both families are having a difficult time, as I'm sure they are. Gabby's family obviously having a harder time due to her missing status, doesn't mean the L family isn't also having a difficult time. There's still a heck of a lot none of us know. I think something really awful happened for sure.
2. Expressing the L family's hope for a successful search, and a reunion with her family. I'm pretty sure we all want the same thing, yes?
3. Lawyer admitting it's him that advised them to essentially keep a low profile and say nothing. Makes perfect sense to me. I'm pretty sure I've seen some of our verified lawyer members here, advise the exact same thing. Maybe @gitana1 or @Alethea can weigh in on this specific aspect?

jmo

Schmidt has recently seen photos in the news of Brian's father performing yard work.

'If they cared about her, they would want to find her,' she said. 'Why aren't you out helping find her?'

'I don't want to seem accusatory,' she said. 'It's confusing, my mind is turning right now.'

She's also questioning Brian's trip back to Florida in August to help his father move their things into a storage unit. She wonders why it was necessary to move Gabby's things during their road trip and what became of her stuff.

'Where are her things?' she asked.

Asked why Brian chose to lawyer up, she replied, 'You know I wish I knew that answer, why.'

Mother of missing Gabby Petito says boyfriend and his family IGNORED her desperate texts | Daily Mail Online

I have a feeling that BF is being legally prepared before he comes forward. And by now there's probably more lawyers involved. His parents may know what happened and they are doing the best they can for him while they still have some control. It's so obvious (IMO) that BF and family do not consider this a missing person case. I feel so sad for Gabby's family.
I think it’s obvious as well. The only thing that makes me want to still give him the benefit of the doubt is the fact that he came home. If he bears any responsibility, even the slightest, for any reason, how did he think showing up back home in her van without her would do him any favors? If he hoped to get away with it wouldn’t it have been better to stay where he was or disappear? But with that there’s also a question of timing… he came home the same day her mom reported her missing. Did they get word he was back in Florida without her first? Which again brings me back to benefit of doubt because all of this has played out so terribly for him from the moment he returned. If he’s not guilty he hasn’t done a good job of showing us he’s not in my opinion.

After we released our podcast episode about the case
Gabby's family sent is this statement:

"The Schmidt and Petito family are going through the worst moments of their lives. Their beautiful twenty-two year old daughter is missing and the one person that can help find Gabby refuses to help. Brian Laundrie was traveling with Gabby in the Grand Teton – Yellowstone area. They were traveling together in Gabby’s 2012 Ford Transit van. That is where we believe Gabby was last seen.
Brian is refusing to tell Gabby’s family where he last saw her. Brian is also refusing to explain why he left Gabby all alone and drove her van to Florida. These are critical questions that require immediate answers.
The Schmidt and Petito family beg the Laundrie family to not “remain in the background” but to help find who Brian referred to as the love of his life. How does Brian stay in the background when he is the one person that knows where Gabby is located?
The Schmidt and Petito family implore Brian to come forward and at least tell us if we are looking in the right area
."

Bolded red 1: with all due respect to the family, they can't know for sure this is what happened since Gabby is missing and BL isn't talking.

Bolded red 2: due respect again of course, but, they also can't know this to be true, for the same reasons.

I can only imagine this is a lot of pain talking.

jmo

Schmidt has recently seen photos in the news of Brian's father performing yard work.

'If they cared about her, they would want to find her,' she said. 'Why aren't you out helping find her?'

'I don't want to seem accusatory,' she said. 'It's confusing, my mind is turning right now.'

She's also questioning Brian's trip back to Florida in August to help his father move their things into a storage unit. She wonders why it was necessary to move Gabby's things during their road trip and what became of her stuff.

Asked why Brian chose to lawyer up, she replied, 'You know I wish I knew that answer, why.'

Mother of missing Gabby Petito says boyfriend and his family IGNORED her desperate texts | Daily Mail Online
Wow just wow

She's also questioning B.L's trip back to Florida in August to help his father move their things into a storage unit. She wonders why it was necessary to move Gabby's things during their road trip and what became of her stuff.

Very confused about BL going back to FL. Was it before Aug 25 or was that the reason he drove home without her?? Does anyone have information about this trip back to move things?

I can't be the only one that doesn't see anything wrong with the statement, can I?

1. Acknowledging both families are having a difficult time, as I'm sure they are. Gabby's family obviously having a harder time due to her missing status, doesn't mean the L family isn't also having a difficult time. There's still a heck of a lot none of us know. I think something really awful happened for sure.
2. Expressing the L family's hope for a successful search, and a reunion with her family. I'm pretty sure we all want the same thing, yes?
3. Lawyer admitting it's him that advised them to essentially keep a low profile and say nothing. Makes perfect sense to me. I'm pretty sure I've seen some of our verified lawyer members here, advise the exact same thing. Maybe @gitana1 or @Alethea can weigh in on this specific aspect?

jmo
How about just saying I saw G on this date at this location? That’s what’s wrong with this impersonal contrived statement IMO

jmo

IMO it may legally be in tip-top shape, but where is the emotion? You live shoulder-to-shoulder in a van, you are engaged, she moved 1200 miles to live with you before you began your van life, you claim to not know where she is and you hope she's found safely---- but why aren't you prostrated with grief? You haven't seen her in weeks and that was several thousand miles away. No matter what the lawyer advised, a human would end the business-like statement with a scream like "Gabby, where are you? Please call, please come home, I love you, please Gabby please." JMO.

Questions…..what does it take to name a person of interest? Can LE get the POI phone records-to track his movements. This would be the best way I think to find her. Compare it to her phone.
I feel like their best bet was to find something in the van to reason a warrant. But maybe combing through her phone records will pull something that’ll warrant a search of his.

Last edited:
Her stuff being moved to storage and her family no knowing where it is seems especially cruel. Either they broke up and he is so furious that he doesn't care where she is or he knows there is no reason to look for her. Either one is not good for Gabby. I think they gave him 2 weeks to get his <modsnip> together and start telling what he knows and now they are going full-on asking the world for help based on the only timeline they know. I really feel for her parents. It sounds like they were both close with her and she would call either if she needed something and could. They need to locate her and her phone ASAP.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Acknowledging both families are having a difficult time, as I'm sure they are. Gabby's family obviously having a harder time due to her missing status, doesn't mean the L family isn't also having a difficult time.

The first sentence in the brief statement is to ensure everyone knows what a difficult time they are also having!
After how they are treating her family, literally refusing to speak to her family or help with the search from afar; they refuse to be involved but have to mention their difficult time. :eek:
And to call her "Ms Petito," not "Gabby?" As if she was never part of their family and lives.
No attempt to express empathy for the nightmare her family is experiencing.
Stone cold, this statement is.

She's also questioning B.L’s trip back to Florida in August to help his father move their things into a storage unit. She wonders why it was necessary to move Gabby's things during their road trip and what became of her stuff.

This sounds bad. :(

Why not just give Gabby's stuff back to her family ??
It wouldn't cause any harm .
If the items Gabby cherished were given back to her family, I'd think that would mean a lot to them !
Imo.

Some organizations do publicly name “persons of interest,” but some do not. Anecdotally, it seems to happen less often than it used to.

I think you mean “probable cause” though, which involves “reasonable belief that a person has committed a crime.”

All indications are that probable cause exists here, and I’m sure warrants have been executed on Gabby and her boyfriend’s phone providers. They’d also want to seize and download his phone, as that could give them things like precise location data, text messages, etc.

An analysis of that data could potentially show when and where Gabby dropped off the map, and lead them to surveillance footage that could fill in the gaps.

Ideally, that would lead them to her location.

jmo

IMO-

1. Because, like you pointed out, one family is desperately searching for their child, and they don't know if she is alive or not while the other is sitting with their child safe at home. IMO those aren't comparable "difficult" situations and perhaps a better, more compassionate thing to have said was, we understand Gabby's family is going through a challenging time. They should have left themselves out.

2. Because saying you hope they have a successful search when the family and LE might not even know if they are searching in the right area is a bit of a slap in the face. The least possible thing BL could do in this situation is let LE know the last place he saw and or was with Gabby. It's a contradictory statement to wish someone well on their search on the one hand while not offering up any information that may be helpful on the other.

Again all just my opinions-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members