Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After we released our podcast episode about the case
Gabby's family sent is this statement:

"The Schmidt and Petito family are going through the worst moments of their lives. Their beautiful twenty-two year old daughter is missing and the one person that can help find Gabby refuses to help. Brian Laundrie was traveling with Gabby in the Grand Teton – Yellowstone area. They were traveling together in Gabby’s 2012 Ford Transit van. That is where we believe Gabby was last seen.
Brian is refusing to tell Gabby’s family where he last saw her. Brian is also refusing to explain why he left Gabby all alone and drove her van to Florida. These are critical questions that require immediate answers.
The Schmidt and Petito family beg the Laundrie family to not “remain in the background” but to help find who Brian referred to as the love of his life. How does Brian stay in the background when he is the one person that knows where Gabby is located?
The Schmidt and Petito family implore Brian to come forward and at least tell us if we are looking in the right area
."

It appears to me that the Schmidt and Petito family are responding to the public statement by BL's attorney (Steven Bertolino) made earlier today.

By the statement put out by BL's legal representative, BL essentially said, I'm staying in the background, I have nothing to say now or later, and good luck searching in or near Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming. :eek:

Nice guy. I shall now refer to BL only as the travel companion.

MOO

https://twitter.com/WFLAJustin/status/1437850775066234881

I'm very much hoping the FBI are doing some detailed digital analysis of her phone and his phone. Even if he used her phone to send a text or post to her instagram here and there I imagine the pattern of use would have changed. A 22 yr old, insta influencer, would be on their phone a lot, not just posting but chatting with friends or liking their posts. I'm sure, even with off grid gaps, the level of activity on her phone will drop after a certain location where she was last alive. Hopefully they now have access to both their phones and through his at least will be able to track his movements over time.

I wasn't able to open (I'm in Europe) a previous post about other peoples' accounts of seeing them in different locations. I'm sure LE will be on the case and spot where those sightings have stopped.

Has anyone actually seen BL in Florida? Is he even in the state? Might he have defensive wounds that would account for lawyer/parents concealing him?
I imagine law enforcement knows exactly where he is, and he is still in the state (maybe in his parents’ house).

I know two weeks have passed, but it wouldn’t be uncommon for law enforcement to seek a warrant to examine him for injuries (and take his prints, DNA, etc).

The Schmidt/Petito family....I can't imagine their anguish. Their statement...it's heartbreaking. Where is the support of the BL's family? Any support. I don't care what their attorney is advising. Surely there's a way to offer support, some comfort, kinder words, anything....to show some sympathy.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is. I love the pressure they are applying here. I can’t imagine how infuriating it must be to know that the person who likely has all the answers, is refusing to do anything to help.
Hopefully all family and friends are encouraging them to talk, it’s ridiculous that they aren’t talking. Even if something bad happened what parent could watch another set of parents suffer like this!

Do professionals (like attorneys) not present documents on official letterhead anymore? I can't believe a statement from an attorney on behalf of a client would be released looking like that (i.e., just sentences typed onto a Word document).
It feels a little contrived and possibly this attorney is doing a favor and is distancing himself?

The only real significance with her uploading photos of her on 25th August prior to that date is: if the last day her mum spoke to her on the phone was 25th, was this photo uploaded after - was she technically "missing" at the point of upload, which may indicate the uploader is laying a false trail?

Also, the date of the photo is relevant as it helps us plot their journey on the roadtrip. They stayed in a hotel in Salt Lake city, checking out together on 24th (IIRC), then on 25th GP calls her mum and says she is at Grand Teton National Park - it appears that the mural in Ogden is on the way between those places, it helps build a timeline, to determine when & where she went missing, and also to help corroborate any timeline BL provides if/when he is interviewed

Edit: I keep writing Gabby's initials wrong each time, like BP and GB over and over again. It's GP

Thanks for your reply @terabethia. I understand what you are saying about the timeline and that's an important point. I believe that her (forensic) electronic footprint will be the best guidance for the timeline.

I was questioning the posts insisting that her GPs post dated 8/25 is by an imposter. And I still see no evidence that the post was by somebody else -- an imposter. MOO

The Schmidt/Petito family....I can't imagine their anguish. Their statement...it's heartbreaking. Where is the support of the BL's family? Any support. I don't care what their attorney is advising. Surely there's a way to offer support, some comfort, kinder words, anything....to show some sympathy.

I can't imagine what GP's family must be going through, knowing there is one person who may have answers to essential questions, and that person is talking. There is a right way to do things and a wrong way...

The thing is his statement greatly contradicts the reality of the situation because in it he claims to hope she is found alive yet he refuses to give law enforcement or her family any intel as to her last known whereabouts, let alone a confirmation or dismissal of what they believe that location to be. If he truly had even an ounce of hope of her being alive why not offer any bit of information he has to help them rescue her? MOO

Gabby had a depop account linked in her Pinterest (and links back to her insta) .... she sold a lot of items.... not sure if you can tell when the last sale was. Just Gabby's Shop - Depop
I see the bikini was sold a week ago but does it automatically say sold if someone brought it with out the owner having to do anything?

After we released our podcast episode about the case
Gabby's family sent is this statement:

"The Schmidt and Petito family are going through the worst moments of their lives. Their beautiful twenty-two year old daughter is missing and the one person that can help find Gabby refuses to help. Brian Laundrie was traveling with Gabby in the Grand Teton – Yellowstone area. They were traveling together in Gabby’s 2012 Ford Transit van. That is where we believe Gabby was last seen.
Brian is refusing to tell Gabby’s family where he last saw her. Brian is also refusing to explain why he left Gabby all alone and drove her van to Florida. These are critical questions that require immediate answers.
The Schmidt and Petito family beg the Laundrie family to not “remain in the background” but to help find who Brian referred to as the love of his life. How does Brian stay in the background when he is the one person that knows where Gabby is located?
The Schmidt and Petito family implore Brian to come forward and at least tell us if we are looking in the right area
."
Well let’s put the ownership of the van to rest now please. <modsnip>
JMO
This really infuriates me

Last edited by a moderator:
It feels a little contrived and possibly this attorney is doing a favor and is distancing himself?
I have a feeling that BF is being legally prepared before he comes forward. And by now there's probably more lawyers involved. His parents may know what happened and they are doing the best they can for him while they still have some control. It's so obvious (IMO) that BF and family do not consider this a missing person case. I feel so sad for Gabby's family.

The double impact of the family statement and BL's statement is making my heart bleed.

The family’s anguish is palpable, and I’m relieved for them that they were allowed to publicly issue such a strongly worded statement to Brian.

Conversely, his tone of “To Whom it May Concern” is very striking for what it omits, such as love, worry, fear or desperation to find her. It comes off as though he is desperate to minimize their connection and keep her family at arm’s length. “Miss Petito.” How extremely disgusting.

I was going to say -- the last thing I'd want is the masthead of my firm in the public domain! I'm afraid Bertolino would have to take the phone off the hook! The comments about the travel companion are vile in every forum! JMO

I'm confused about the posts I'm seeing about GP's Instagram, and how her posts and photos are not by her and/or being edited after she was last in seen or in contact with family.

From what I can see, her last post about Halloween was dated 8/25.

There are 7 photos associated with the Halloween post.

I'm not familiar with any issue on Instagram that prevents a user from posting saved photos that were taken on an earlier date. For example, it's believed that Monarch Mural in the background of Gabby's photos is located in Ogden.

What difference does that make if she uploaded pictures taken of herself taken before 8/25? As far as I can see, the photos are not duplicates. It seems she just did not get around to sharing the Ogden photos until 8/25.

Please correct my understanding of Instagram if incorrect. Thanks.

Login • Instagram
A) The last photo of the halloween post, she's in a different outfit which is weird. b) The last 3 posts there are a lot of misspelled typos, she's talking more about brian than herself....he posted those posts. On all her previous posts, she just has one sentence she writes. They are also old pics from weeks ago. c) the posts went from daily, to 2 weeks of no posts, to 3 posts by brian mig Aug, to nothing. It's completely fishy IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member